Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you sell your altcoins ?  (Read 698 times)
Mehjia (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:14:37 PM

Hello everybody , I am kind of new to this world.
 I have made some investments in the altcoin , I think I have some good coins wich I can trust more in my portofolio like PRL , Onions , Dubai Coin and in my opinion Potcoin also.
 I also have some coins like Verge , Power Ledger , Dogecoin in wich I dont have that much trust but I really just can't sell them , I'm like afraid that they will rise good and I will regret selling them.
 I have some coins on my mind wich I will also like to add to my portofolio but it seems like my only option is to deposit more fiat money and buy them also , because I really can't convince myself to sell any coin Smiley.
 Do any have this problem, have this fear of selling altcoins before they rise from the buy price , I really can't give up on anything I buy If it doesnt make a huge jump to generate some profit Smiley
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:24:05 PM

I do not know whether I will upset you or rejoice, but everyone is facing such a problem, as many have lost so much money from selling alcotoins at an unnecessary time, and the next day this coin took 100%, so it's up to you to decide!
varandas

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:35:42 PM

don`t fear of missing profit, if you will not win here, you`ll win next time
husdemba

Activity: 1302
Merit: 115

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:36:25 PM

I'm afraid to sell my altcoins and the reason is the same as yours. I think we need to get used to it.
This is the crypto currency world  Smiley

Mehjia (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:40:27 PM

I'm trying to teach myself that too but is hard Smiley , what do you think from my portofolio that it doesnt have such a bright future , I also own XLM
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:47:39 PM

Why don't you sell them and buy other altcoin to profit earlier than the wait. There will be more opportunities than you hold your altcoin. plenty of opportunities for you to make a profit. short-term buying and selling is a good idea (trader) . However it would be more adventurous work.
or keep your altcoin if you have faith that it will increase in the future

Make me great again
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:49:19 PM

I have made some investments in the altcoin , I think I have some good coins wich I can trust more in my portofolio like PRL , Onions , Dubai Coin and in my opinion Potcoin also.
 I also have some coins like Verge , Power Ledger , Dogecoin in wich I dont have that much trust but I really just can't sell them , I'm like afraid that they will rise good and I will regret selling them.
 I have some coins on my mind wich I will also like to add to my portofolio but it seems like my only option is to deposit more fiat money and buy them also , because I really can't convince myself to sell any coin Smiley.
 Do any have this problem, have this fear of selling altcoins before they rise from the buy price , I really can't give up on anything I buy If it doesnt make a huge jump to generate some profit Smiley

You could as well have said that you have a severe case of FOMO. Fear of Missing Out, that is, missing the opportunities. As you can see, it is so common that it even has an acronym for it, so it happens to everyone more or less.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
chesatochi

Activity: 812
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 08:53:23 PM

In any market is hard to time the market and when you try you could lose much or regret the move. The best action you could keep the coins you have faith and sell the others for better coins or opportunity.

In the end, a certain moment you need to recalibrate the investment.

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:55:29 PM

i think the best thing to do in this time of the year is to hold your alt because i regret on an alt that i didn't hold which had made a lot of upraising  know so i decided to hold and keep holding my altcoin until the reach a respectable price.
GeorgCoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:56:04 PM

You need to determine really promising coins, let them be about 10 pieces, so that would be diversified.

Put some of your money into each of them. If you believe in a coin, then it does not make sense to produce it, but to keep all the coins too. So approach this matter wisely.

In general, I recommend that you invest in blockchains, they always bring a lot of X's  Wink
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:58:30 PM

It already depends on what purpose you sell, if you are selling to buy second coins then there is little to worry about, and if you want to sell and withdraw then think good or not too early

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
grimesrhymes

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

📶Decentralized free Wi-Fi📶

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:58:41 PM

You need to remove these thoughts from your mindset because they are not healthy and long term will lead to you losing money, if it helps then consider it from this point of view. Do not think if they will increase further but think instead of the opportunity cost, that being the other coins that can greatly outperform them. Also you need to consider the effects of losing your investment as well as missing out on greater increases. You've got an extreme case of FOMO my friend and you need to rid yourself of it.

Mehjia (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:07:08 PM

I wouldn't expect for this answer .. that I'm sick  Grin
 I have invested quite a lot by now in my 2 weeks in crypto , and I can say that my coins that I hold are valued of almost triple right now , but it's hard to selling anything because on a good rise any coin can bring me some serios cash , maybe if I have invested like 50$ a coin it will be a lot easier.
 I have also bought some rigs of Vega64 for mining and I think I will try making short tradings from what the mining will produce so I dont risk anymore FIAT.
 I can't say I have a full purpose , I think I would like to withdraw some if they moon , but the majority will be reinvested , maybe people talking here of rising x10 , x20 , x100 so easy , makes the job of selling so hard.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:20:16 PM

We are at the very beginning of the development of all coins now. If you believe in your altcoins, it is better to hold them for a long time.
MiningSensei

Activity: 766
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:33:05 PM

Classic shit poster, the OP is asking if he can sell his altcoins, and you are saying that you agree with him and that you both have the same opinion, false, i am tired of this kind of shit posting in here.
I'm afraid to sell my altcoins and the reason is the same as yours. I think we need to get used to it.
This is the crypto currency world  Smiley
Anyway, if you are just holding a crappy coin, how the fuck are you expecting to have insane returns, it just makes no sense.. It is like holding CrapCoin for years hoping to see it making a x1000
We are at the very beginning of the development of all coins now. If you believe in your altcoins, it is better to hold them for a long time.
No correlation in here.. i can really see it.

Hello
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:33:52 PM

You can't convince yourself to sell any coin? Then just keep on holding it and if there are other coins that are getting your attention then you don't have choice but to pick some bucks on your wallet or savings.

If you are scared of selling your coins that you think will increase in the future then reserve it and have trust on those coins. And as you mentioned that you have these coins that you don't have much trust, why not just let go of them.

Emotion will be the worst enemy when it comes to trading. You need to decide for yourself and your choices aren't hard to pick off.

Just deposit with fiat and your problem is done.

L1240erion

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:36:51 PM

That's the struggle that every deals with lol.

I would look into IoT Chain. They cover security of IoT and are said to be the IOTA of china. I got in at $1 and now it's around $5. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UUQFGav30bdT1nwlBbb4bEsnqkAMVWAr2N1fV_Nh9jY/edit#heading=h.drqwrxyo9gfz

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/

Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:42:12 PM

Nothing grow without corrections. So just wait for one more extreme growth of one of your alt and then sell it. Anyway you will have enough time to re-buy it after price correction!
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:43:10 PM

Profit is profit even how small it is. What's important is you do not lose money. We just cannot be too greedy in trading because we may lose more than what we aim to gain. What you can do is hold on to some coins with great potential for profit in a long term. Then just play with the rest for you to get some earnings here and there. And just roll whatever profit you gain from them.

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:43:41 PM

There are no other reason for keeping or selling your altcoins. I think the most appropriate thing to do is from the start identify first your strategy. Are you long term investor or short term investor. After deciding which strategy you want make another plan. Example if you choose you are only short-term create a trading plan. Follow your trading plan religiously. Buy low sell high price will vary according to the market demand and supply.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: