Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:50:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 1472 times)
sharm2121

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:05:07 AM

Kfc here in my country doesnt accept bitcoin, many people here in my country doesnt know about bitcoin yet. But if KFC will accept bitcoin, i will not use it just to buy food there, i will rather pay for my money than to use my holding bitcoin.

xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 01:12:13 AM

I'm not gonna pay for fried chicken with bitcoin, period, unless I'm starving and have no fiat in my ppcket, bank, or hidden under the mattress.  I'm not exactly the definition of a hodler, but it strikes me as a big waste to buy something with bitcoin that's going to end up in the septic tank.  Makes sense, right? 

The other thing is that it's totally impractical, with the outrageous fees and confirmation times. That's going to be some seriously cold chicken after 1 confirmation--and I can pay with fiat for free.

so you think the use of BTC should remain online?
I agree with The Pharmacist. There are many things that are more useful than just paying fried chicken with bitcoin. As long as the fiat is more effective for direct payments (no transaction fees and no confirmation time) then I would prefer a fiat rather than bitcoin.

Well, bitcoin is more effective when used as a commodity and an asset, not suitable for micro-payment.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
dama12

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:13:32 AM

This is a good news because there a lot of people who patronizes KFC all over the world. This could be a big boost not just to KFC but also to the cryptocurrency world.
its still a good thing.it its also good advirtisement for KFC here we are talking about it.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:14:56 AM

This is actually a very great news. It would be less hassle right then. One of the biggest fastfood would accept this crypto currency. This is amazing and it is just right because a lot of people are now having bitcoin in their e wallet, they just have to bring it with them so they can eat well wherever kfc they can find. It is a perfect idea.
Calumwilson

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:17:49 AM

Oh dear it's good news to hear of that! I feel that big MNCs have the funds big even to invest in bitcoin but rather than doing that kfc is accepting bitcoin so they do not have to invest additional funds in. Killing 2 birds with one stone!
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:20:40 AM

KFC accepts payments using bitcoins as KFC has already begun to learn about safer and more convenient digital currencies and bitcoin is easier to carry without having to bring a wallet or paper money to buy food, hopefully this can be a trigger for bitcoin price increase.
MrCrank

Activity: 1330
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:21:51 AM

Funny news Smiley
How can pay for foods with bitcoin?
Need wait confirmation few days or fees will be so high.
Cost:
foods =< fees Grin
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:28:05 AM

I hope so! I will always buy fried chicken and will pay using Bitcoin if it is true. It will be a hassle free transaction if that will happen. Excited for this.

So let me get this right and you will "always buy fried chicken" at $4.99 or less even if the transaction costs in BTC is $25 like today or more like it
was the other week at $45 and you won't mind waiting hours sometimes for the transaction to clear  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Farmers from the 1700's during Tulip Mania are starting to look quite mild to me but by the time I got to the "Excited for this"
I started to workout that the butter was spread a bit too thick, you are on a wind up right  Grin

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:30:03 AM

Are they installing Bitcoin POS machines at each outlet? What payment processor are they using? If they use a Bitcoin payment processor then you don't need to wait for confirmation I believe.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:30:35 AM

Even though it would be good for exposure of bitcoin, it is impractical for me to purchase a $20 bucket and pay much higher in transaction fee. Besides, if you are just craving for a chicken and you want to eat it as soon as possible, you can have the option of just paying fiat which would be faster since you can do it instantly. Even though the purpose of bitcoin is to be a replacement for fiat, you can't do it for now due to network congestion resulting to a high transaction fee. Maybe KFC can have the option of using other cryptocurrencies since there are a lot of options out there.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:40:00 AM

I think that is a big achievement for Bitcoin, It has got another milestone regarding acceptance in the local market. day by day Bitcoin is getting accepted on many platforms. it's also true that Bitcoin is becoming a popular currency for different aspects.
But I not gonna spend Bitcoin for this purpose, Bitcoin is a very precious thing for me, So I am totally interested to spend it for the food purpose. But this case may accelerate its credibility in our society.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:56:19 AM

This is not practical. Buying meal in fastfoods are meant to be paid with fiat money. Bitcoin is for business world and is not meant for buying you cheeseburgers, groceries and such. You will just waste your bitcoin if you use it to buy those kind of things. I have also heard that Mcdo will accept bitcoin and I have the same point of view.

loragean03

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:59:55 AM

if kfc implement this as mode of payment to buy any single chicken to their store, its very convenience but the problem is the confirmation of our transaction, I mean confirmation in blockchain takes too long so how could I say that if I buy a chicken now then the confirmation of my payment takes 3-5 hrs to be done. or maybe kfc implement their own tokens just for buying their goods.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:07:04 AM

Only Kfc canada is goin to accept bitcoin from the online portal And Currently they are tied up with Bitpay payment gateway to accept the bitcoins in kfc canada.
See twitter page for more Info - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTSxo6bXUAAPfWS?format=jpg

People also comments that
"This is great, but only if you're prepared to wait 2 hours for your transaction to confirm and happy to pay more than the cost of the meal in transaction fees,
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:08:11 AM

This is not practical. Buying meal in fastfoods are meant to be paid with fiat money. Bitcoin is for business world and is not meant for buying you cheeseburgers, groceries and such. You will just waste your bitcoin if you use it to buy those kind of things. I have also heard that Mcdo will accept bitcoin and I have the same point of view.
It is very interesting, useful information. I have not even heard of it. Now Bitcoin will be exploited more widely and various sectors of life will follow suit. Apart from the negative side of Bitcoin, I hope we can all use Bitcoin wisely and be free of all negative things. But I'm still confused about the cost of Bitcoin that has become very large and small transactions so terpimpit. Maybe I do not understand about this and maybe friends here can answer my question. Or maybe it's not just Bitcoin that will be used for transactions in the real world like KFC, minimarkets, restaurants, hotels, and many more, maybe other cryptocurrencies can also be used.
ryan2018

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:18:15 AM

This is good news, bitcoin started a lot of acceptable, hopefully other than kfc, other companies soon follow  Cheesy
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:35:15 AM

This is good news it is indeed that we are heading to a full digital economy, some news about some bigger company starting to accept bitcoin as a legal tender has been issued later in 2017 and it seems this year many will start adopting this kind of market I just hope even small company or groceries store will accept bitcoin so we don't have to convert them every time we want to buy or eat something
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

It's a good news for this platform. Day by day the Bitcoin platform is getting expanded and credible. people are becoming familiar and fond of this system day by day. But I am interested in spending Bitcoin for this purpose until I will not empty pocket. Bitcoin should be reserved for the future purpose because of its price value.
moonchaser_babylove28

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:52:02 AM

There might be problems now with the connections or transactions but then at the end of the day its still a publicity that will make people know about the existence of bitcoin and hopefully other altcoins. There a great possibility that network will upgrade in the future, or rather use other fast cryptos like litecoin and doge or even deeponion as well. Let's just look at the brighter side rather than the negative.
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:53:53 AM

Here in my country, Philippines, there is also restaurants that offers the same. ^^ I hope, KFC-PH will do the same.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: