Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:54:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 1472 times)
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:56:23 AM

Here in my country, Philippines, there is also restaurants that offers the same. ^^ I hope, KFC-PH will do the same.

I think its pricey just to get a bucket of chicken since we all know that the value of bitcoin will continue to soar higher in the coming years. Better to convert it into fiat money, well this is a great mode of payment and I know this thing will happen soon.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:59:24 AM

i will not use my bitcoin to buy KFC.
I use my bitcoin which is much more useful like buying alt coin.
it is true this is good news the growing bitcoin as a tool of transactions, will many other companies who receive bitcoin later.

wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:02:18 AM

Well, considering the Bitcoin's fee is insanely high - I don't want to use Bitcoin for buying KFC, McDonald nor Pizza. However, if these fast food franchises accept Dogecoins as payment - I will be happy as many as they want  Grin

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:05:24 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 04:54:45 AM by Ararbermas

This is a good news because there a lot of people who patronizes KFC all over the world. This could be a big boost not just to KFC but also to the cryptocurrency world.
yeah it seems a lot of fastfood nowadays starting to accept bitcoin even McDonalds.  Perhaps soon bitcoin will be acknowledge on public and more people will use it until it becomes legal in some country also a big help to advertise bitcoin to add more demand from market. for sure if that times happen bitcoin will rocketed and reach again the all time high valued.  
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:05:48 AM

For sure KfC is also investing in Bitcoin. Well, that is a good thing and new innovations in bitcoin, the more establishments that accept bitcoin, the higher the demand and price of Bitcoin. But would you pay a fried chicken of Bitcoin? Let's wait for the further developement of this issue.

JTTech

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

PRiVCYM4tters🕵🔐PRiVCY MOD🕵

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:08:05 AM

Didn't read the article, assuming it's real. Could someone explain how any company at this point could even accept BTC as a form of payment with the insane fees and transaction times now? I don't know many people willing to pay a fee higher than the cost of their meal. I am legitimately asking this question as well. Not sure if I'm right in assuming what I just said, but as far as I know this would be the case.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
CryptoChanel

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:14:14 AM

Cool, so you can buy some KFC chicken worth 4$ and pay just 30$ of fees, and of course you will have to wait for 10-20-30 minutes before the chicken is actually paid so that you are allowed to eat it.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
maxxdxx

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:15:41 AM

Kentucky Fried Cryptocurrency. Haha, my chicken will cost me more when I pay with BTC. Waiting for Lightning! It's just unfathomable that people would spend something as potentially valuable as BTC on fast food.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:16:58 AM

Now that's pretty cool. I don't know if there is going to be any significant interest in KFC's new payment feature in Canada but it sure as hell does sound like an interesting idea. I haven't been seeing a ton of interest in Bitcoin just around my city, but that can always change and there's nothing that's going to be lost from testing it out as a potential feature. I'm more interested if this is the start of the other companies coming back to Bitcoin, and new ones joining in. But I don't know.

Maybe I'll go get some KFC someday, but I never really was a fan of their chicken. Popeyes was always better in my opinion.
JhonWong

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:18:01 AM

This is a good news, but I doubt that the fee and the time for the bill can meet the expectations of everyone.
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

this will be big event which could drive the using of cryptpcurrency. kfc is one of biggest franchise food. i hope with many food company that started to accept cryptocurrency would make cryptocurrency world better and recover.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Budugbass

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:31:07 AM

Even.. if the country's goverment already allows payments with bitcoin, not just KFC only that accepting bitcoin payments, I'm sure there are would be more wide open businesses opportunities or another companies that accepting a bitcoin payments, which's now getting more closer to many people in a certain countries.
godrey123

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:37 AM

I think that it is a good marketing idea for KFC, with that KFC can earn more profit. We all know that bitcoin price is growing when a person buy with bitcoin then its price will continue to go up and KFC can gain more profit from it. I also think that it will also benifit the bitcoin market because it will advertise biycoin to the people.
chainlike

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:43:55 AM

I'm happy bitcoin will be accepted by KFC, but I'm sure I will not use bitcoin to pay for hamburger unless I'm crazy.
Bitcoin is slowly accepted by the general public, indicating that its value will continue to rise.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:52:14 AM

Yes this is good news for us but spending your Bitcoin for a bucket of chicken is unwise, just check the fees and see how much it would cost. As long as they are not able to have a long term solution about the fees I am not buying small purchases through Bitcoin.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:07:01 AM

Yeah I have read the articles.
From one side point of view, it is a good thing that more vendor/company start accept bitcoins as their payment system. Right now KFC and later will come other vendor/company to join this bitcoin payment system.
But from other side, for me, it is kind of waste to pay KFC with my bitcoin. There are some reasons :
1. Bitcoin has a chance to become bigger in price term, so it would be a waste if you spend on something like 'disposable' things.
2. High fees and slow transaction will ruin the price of your chicken and burger and fries, as it is too high right now.

This is my point of view. But if it was me, I will just pay my kFC with my money in the pocket.
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:13:36 AM

wow that would be really a good news for bitcoin , i think MacDonald and other famous enterprise

should be accept bitcoin in the future
imyashir
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

chicken bucket for .001BTC this is expensive cause if you notice the price is worth of 25-30$ and how about the transaction fee. Transaction fee in bitcoin so very expensive and slowly processing the block you need to wait a success before u eat i think so. If i have a fiat money i hold my btc and i spent my fiat money..
FeynmanR

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:17:54 AM

Guys, don't forget that "There's no free lunch", even though the TX fees are kinda trippling the amount of a decent KFC menu still it's a development and which will assist for the other big brands to start considering Bitcoin as a way of payment.
After the LN and Segwit2x updates, we will remember these days.

KFC's Bitcoin step is really worth to be considered highly positive.
edsnow2017

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:21:11 AM

How about the transact fee if you only buy a $2 worth of fried chicken? then pay via BTC then $2 + transaction fee Sad
will they cover the transact fee of less to your bill?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: