Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC to accept Bitcoin!  (Read 1475 times)
yuvaraja

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:25:19 PM

When I read that on Twitter I thought KFC Canada account get hacked and the hacker took the time to make some fancy image Cheesy Turned out it was real. I don't even know using Bitcoin as a payment system in Canada is already legal, is it true?

Hope this is not just a one time gimmick from them, but rather a major step to cryptocurrency mainstream acceptance.
Bitcoin will become a means of payment in the future. but that's my idea of ​​the bitcoin price fluctuations that are very sudden.
so the store's profits will be different every day regardless of their sales volume
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:26:51 PM

That's KFC Canada, not worldwide. But I appreciate this step, Bitcoin is getting acceptance more and more with such steps. Well. I'm not gonna spend my Bitcoins there while I visit Canada next summer - I would pay them cash and save my Bitcoins
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:28:49 PM

This is a great news in the cryptobusiness world.
How about the transaction how many minutes to confirmed it?
Hope they will a accept also some of altcoins. Nice

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

Just hope KFC will consider extending this service to its other branches located in all parts of the world other than KFC Canada

But am afraid that one thing that will kill this positive move is the fees otherwise this is great news!
Ngelieh@

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:33:55 PM

because today is his era of practical and instant, for us time is money, time wasted just because of waiting.
Powerman001

Activity: 510
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:34:15 PM

wow, this is an advance for bitcoin in the future. KFC as the pioneer of one of the largest franchise companies in the world who receive bitcoin. Maybe this early bitcoin will really be the currency.
nlcars

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

Bitcoin is slow,  therefor the unconfirmed transactions getting higher and higher and the fees and transfer times too, when this is unther the 30.000 then it is ok again.

mangkiko

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

Well, if KFC would accept Bitcoin worldwide it would have a huge impact, but as long as this is only some KFC's in Canada I don't see that change much. However I don't think that many people will make use of this service as long as Bitcoin transactions are so slow and fees are that high. Maybe with lightning network released this can be an option, but before that, I don't think so.
NeonXL

Merit: 103

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:39:26 PM

Okay, i like KFC, but! Fees in bitcoin network today is so big. One cola with 20$ fee? Two burgers with 30$ fee? I don`t understand, markets should use altcoins with low fees and fast network

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:39:37 PM

They should have accepted litecoin instead, this is also only in Canada. They likely did this so that their parent stock could soar, however it didnt.

Positivebetting
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:41:25 PM

the timing of this news is pretty strange in my opinion!
all this time that bitcoin was working fine they didn't adopt it and now that the fees are high they have started accepting bitcoin payments?

i mean i am all for spending my bitcoins and the merchant adoption, heck i have spent a lot of times online paying for stuff with bitcoin, but now that fees are ridiculously high i am not willing to spend my bitcoins. i moved to strictly trading only and cold storage hodling.

There is a FOMO brewing...
android17

Activity: 259
Merit: 76

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:42:00 PM

This was a good idea for a fast food chain, they are able to adopt the changes on its environment. We're in the digital world and we are exposed to high technology, they become more accessible because of this strategy. I think many people will agree  regarding this changes since bitcoin today is making noise to market.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
imoet

homt.net

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

It is really a great progress from bitcoin. But I will try not to use bitcoin for buying KFC. But it can be happen if there is no real money in my wallet at that time. It will be really help if the transaction more faster and easier.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:44:07 PM

This is not an area in which I would pay bitcoin. If that that essential, purchase of a car or payment of utilities, and fast food is not attractive.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:45:55 PM

I don't understand the point of all thses companies that try to force bitcoin as a payment, i would understand if apple or microsoft or sony or large companies that sell large products to start accepting bitcoin, but all these ones that just use micro transactions of a 10 dollars or less are just a way to say that the owners want to get bitcoin with any mean, you will be paying more mining fees than the KFC bucket that you will be buying, and lets be honost none that has bitcoin is actually going to buy food with it, paying 10$ in btc now could become 1000$ after a month.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:46:18 PM

This is a good news for us seems like the fast food chains are starting to recognize the bitcoin,
And because of that the bitcoin would provably be more famous than it is now and there would be more investors who are going to be attracted.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:51:04 PM

This is a eye opener in the food and beverages industries that want to adapt the blockchain technology.
Hoping that the the transaction fees is cheaper than the your food you ordered.
genology

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:52:07 PM

It is a good thing for us Bitcoin users/investors that businesses are starting to accept Bitcoin in their transactions. It will support Bitcoin's growth and will be a help for us investors.

E l i g m a           AI-driven and blockchain-based cognitive commerce platform     
│| ███████████ |│    JOIN PRESALE   ★  March 20th  ★     │| ██████████ |│
WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      MEDIUM
mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:53:05 PM

Indeed, the company is indeed encountered on a train of publicity that is being cryptocurrency. However, unlike some firms that lay traders who see their stock prices soar after announcing some kind of tie-in with technology, the move does not look over the price Yum! Jenama, the parent company of KFC.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:54:11 PM

I'm not sure if this is legit real news or not but this is totally not the best time to roll out bitcoin as a method of payment to the public.
I guess you already know that a lot of services which are popular and used to accept btc (having steam in mind) stopped accepting bitcoin recently.

And that's not because of any trouble with the law or the authorities but simple because the fees have gone crazy. Crazy is considered an old inaccurate word now. They're insanely unacceptable making any form of micropayments absolutely a nightmare. As much as I love crypto generally and BTC specifically, the fees issue has to be solved sooner or later.

A few months ago, I used to look for stuff that I can spend my btc on. Now, I try to avoid it in every possible way. I use ETH or LTC for most of my transactions now where my capital is of course still in BTC. Some people told me to use BCH but I don't buy that scammy shite. LN is becoming more or of a reality than it seemed to be last year so I have a strong feeling it'll be available to the public soon (Q2 2018). That's the time everything goes back to how it should.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: