Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CENSORSHIP] Matthew N. Wright  (Read 16361 times)
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:52:12 AM

You know, salt lick, I'm not a staff member and the fact that you are and that you stood by while theymos "trusted" Tradefortress is enlightening and one of many reasons you should be embarassed to wear that "staff" emblem.  If anyone's leaving would serve the community it's you and the other staff/admins who should go.  I am not the person doing a dis-service to this community.

If you cared enough to read the hundreds of old threads, Theymos "trusted" Tradefortress because the list of people that he trusted was consistent with the general consensus as to who should be trusted to start out the system. Theymos didn't personally trust the guy, its just that he was qualified to be an accurate judge of trust.

Nefario was trusted, Pirateat40 was trusted, PatrickHarnett was trusted,

If only we could see the future.

*edit*

I am not the person doing a CRIMINAL dis-service to this community.

This is a forum, it is not the better business bureau.

At the risk of taking this already necroed thread anymore off topic, if you would like to continue on with our chat, you are welcome to pm me, or start a new thread.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:55:08 AM

bullshit.

The trust system didn't exist when those jokers were active.  Theymos SPECIFICALLY trusted TF when the trust system was implemented.  Even though every action TF took was a red flag.

I outted TF in July, so where my positive trust?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256008.0

oh look, 20% of the votes called TF a criminal.  Gee, theymos must indeed be a good judge of character  Roll Eyes
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:59:50 AM

bullshit.

The trust system didn't exist when those jokers were active.  Theymos SPECIFICALLY trusted TF when the trust system was implemented.  Even though every action TF took was a red flag.

I take it back. You're not Matthew. He knew what was going on. You don't.

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:05:16 AM

yes I don't know what's going on,  it wasn't me who posted the poll calling him out...

oh yes it was!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:06 AM

yes I don't know what's going on,  it wasn't me who posted the poll calling him out...

oh yes it was!

Well you might be Matthew? He used to love researching scams and whatnot. See, now you got me all confused. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance you're Matthew.

BTW: you don't think we're all stupid enough to not know that you're derailing this thread to pat yourself on the back do you?

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:26:46 AM

I've stayed away from these forums for the past few months.  I came back to see that TF stole 1.3 million dollars and that Matthew was still banned.  I tried to warn the world TF was a scammer and Theymos banned me for it.

I liked Matthew and, if you read back, I am one of the most vocal supporters for his return.

The site admins on this site SUCK.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:52:51 AM

I've stayed away from these forums for the past few months.  I came back to see that TF stole 1.3 million dollars and that Matthew was still banned.  I tried to warn the world TF was a scammer and Theymos banned me for it.

I liked Matthew and, if you read back, I am one of the most vocal supporters for his return.

The site admins on this site SUCK.

You do realize that forums are usually businesses and all forum admins can remove you from their business any time they see fit? You get to remain at the sole discretion of the owner or operator. Even if a nonprofit forum was funneling donated funds to drug lords YOU can be removed. Both admins may suck to you but you still are going to be gone if you don't stop. Matt didn't get that either and he's not here anymore. The fact that you can even say the admins suck without an instant ban probably means that they don't suck.

Ok, you figured out the TF puzzle and you tried to warn everyone but they didn't listen and they lose. Why don't you just feel good about that and move on.

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:23:01 AM

This site is broken, as broken as it's leader theymos.  Sorry you can't see it.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:24:43 AM

Oy vey, I'm out.

Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:45:48 AM

So much for questioning authority.  You are, clearly, just another Theymos sycophant.  You really do not deserve such a name as the one you've chosen.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:22:45 AM

:popcorn:

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:32:15 AM

bullshit.

The trust system didn't exist when those jokers were active.  Theymos SPECIFICALLY trusted TF when the trust system was implemented.  Even though every action TF took was a red flag.

I outted TF in July, so where my positive trust?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=256008.0

oh look, 20% of the votes called TF a criminal.  Gee, theymos must indeed be a good judge of character  Roll Eyes

Viceroy I used to think the same as you about this. Unfortunately, this is when I learned what the "trust" system was all about...

One member "trusting" another, is supposed to mean that you trust his judgement, not that you are trusting his character. This means I can trust you, and people who have trusted me will also respect your trust ratings (not trust your character).

It seems messed up to me too, "trust" is definately the wrong word for it for some reason, but I don't know what the right one is...  Sad

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:02:55 AM

I would actually enjoy trust being renamed the Judgement System
Hehe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_judgment

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:26:25 PM

e4xit,

Yea the problem is that the site admin has made himself culpable for the theft.  The site admin placed "trust" upon TF and then TF stole 1.3 million worth of BTC.  The site admin is 100% responsible for that loss because the site admin told the world that TF could be trusted.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:04:49 PM

the site admin told the world that TF could be trusted.

One member "trusting" another, is supposed to mean that you trust his judgement, not that you are trusting his character. This means I can trust you, and people who have trusted me will also respect your trust ratings (not trust your character).

It seems messed up to me too, "trust" is definately the wrong word for it for some reason, but I don't know what the right one is...  Sad

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Viceroy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:29:41 PM

The word you seek is CULPABILITY.

Let me use it in a sentence for you:

"Theymos is culpable for the theft because he FORCED all users on this board to TRUST a criminal who ended up stealing from the community".

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:44:23 AM

The word you seek is CULPABILITY.

Let me use it in a sentence for you:

"Theymos is culpable for the theft because he FORCED all users on this board to TRUST a criminal who ended up stealing from the community".

I still think you don't know how the trust system works...
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:31:29 PM

Ghosted

Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

I still think you don't know how the trust system works...

Agreed. Guess you you should have trusted, back then?  Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: