Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UBERCOIN] Working on a new coin. Will update this thread when completed.  (Read 12253 times)
NiccoloMac (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:16:38 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 07:27:28 AM by NiccoloMac

I am working on a coin that will solve many problems currently confronting the crypto community. The amount of issues, bugs, and exploits on all these alt coins becomes more aparrent daily. Due to this and watching corruption begin to creep into the development teams of the more popular coins. I would like feedback before the coin is completed.

(UBERCOIN IS NOT THE COINS ACTUAL NAME DONT BOTHER SPENDING HOURS ON GOOGLE LOOKING FOR A REPO)

I would like ideas that fix problems that exist. Dont worry about method of implementation, that will be taken care of on my end.

Please reply with either a problem, feature, or a solution. I will take your concepts and implement them, there will be no premine or instamine.

Do not bother with giving tips for the which sha256/scrypt combo to use, this will be neither.

I am only looking for suggestions for the items to include in the client itself to continue encouraging decentralization and allow users to further empower themselves.

For the files once completed, they will be posted here. After which we will start taking community requests or even help if offered.

https://github.com/NiccoloMac

This will be an ongoing work in progress.

Features Requested:
1.Real world value (IE XPM (not really useful) or other coin that integrates a real world beneficial project, looking at Folding and other real world applications.)
2.Attack resistant - I have a method for this already.
3.Anonymous - This will be optional, I have this portion begun already.
4.Integrated Chat
5.Make a option to have reduced blockchain size.
6.Mining Calculator
7.Adoption via simplicity of use
8.Network attack mitigation
9.Integrated API
10.Paid Ad Network - Using Broadcast or Similar Feature. (this would require monitoring and manual moderation most likely)
11.Ease of use - Examples explained Here.
12.Specify install location Ideas for simple install
13.Detailed ledger for the transactions, with better filtering.
14.Short difficulty retarget.
15.Summary page - network information displayed
16.Semi Unique look
17.Simplified backup
18.Make fees adjustable prior to sending.Fees
19.Preparetransaction RPC RPCs
20.Canceltx RPC RPCs
21.Fee auto calculation and prediction Fees
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:23:25 AM

I will be posting the git tomorrow. And check in to see if anyone has any suggestions beyond what I came up with on my own. I will be adding many new RPC commands to the client, this will be a whole new way of working with cryptos.
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:53:56 AM

I recommend doing something original, or it'll just be yet another crapcoin.  Even then....

Try to integrate real world value.  Whatever opinion you have of cunningham chains primecoin has proven that demonstrable scientific utility will spur adoption and popularity more than anything else you could possibly do to a coin.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:42:58 AM

Sounds interesting!  I'm looking forward to the release.  What time will you be posting to git?

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:53:23 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 01:39:17 PM by NiccoloMac

It will just be an empty account initially. But I will give out the link so everyone has a fair chance to get it at the same time. I would like suggestions though for features posted here at first. The base for the code is already written, but I would like to correct the issues across the board from all these coins. Some of them have gotten 1 or 2 things right, but are still missing important items to ensure decentralized and unfettered access to the coin.

I will be releasing it with little bits of code from all the coins I have seen appear this past year, just the good features. This will not be an "instant" coin like Feathercoin or Fastcoin, their security is not guaranteed when the times are so low.

But note the features and things you would like fixed on the coins and I will add them to the OP.

If anyone is aware of a particular piece of code that is especially in need of cleaning up from one of the original coins (I can use bitcoin/litecoin/whatever as a base) lots of the code in each of the coin is in desperate need of cleanup. From the looks of it, one of the other alts will probably be used as a base since they have already implemented some new features I can start with one of them. (this is not to imply I do not already have part written, just explaining that it is a simple change to move the new hash function to the other coin is simple)

This will be an ongoing work in progress.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:19:04 AM

Sounds interesting.  Attack resistant and anonymous would something to shoot for as well.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:39:00 PM

OP updated, does anyone have any out of the box or odd features they would like in the wallet?
stbgefltc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 01:47:34 PM

I recommend doing something original, or it'll just be yet another crapcoin.  Even then....

Try to integrate real world value.  Whatever opinion you have of cunningham chains primecoin has proven that demonstrable scientific utility will spur adoption and popularity more than anything else you could possibly do to a coin.

And the demonstrable scientific utility of cunningham chains being ... ?

nawazish1

Activity: 462

PXC Research Team

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:51:28 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 08:54:07 PM by nawazish1

OP updated, does anyone have any out of the box or odd features they would like in the wallet?

Yeah an integrated chat. where developers team can talk to each other.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1403

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:02:06 PM

I don't know if this is possible or not.

I would like to see a coin that penalizes higher hash speed so small miners have a chance.
I am mining at 1GH/s-1MH/s and can only use pool mining once the difficulty gets above 0.4. I would far prefer to solo mine and that is why I like Memory Coin.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

I dont think that would be possible with pools. Maybe solo mining, but the client would only be able to track the machine its on.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
kalgecin

Activity: 819

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:16:03 PM

I don't know if this is possible or not.

I would like to see a coin that penalizes higher hash speed so small miners have a chance.
I am mining at 1GH/s-1MH/s and can only use pool mining once the difficulty gets above 0.4. I would far prefer to solo mine and that is why I like Memory Coin.

penalize per hash rate? i disagree. If you want to have a chance, then invest into hardware, those people with crazy power spend money to have those hash rates, it's only fair they get proportional rewards

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:23:10 PM

Anyone else have any suggestions? Today I am making improvements to the attack resistance and anonymity.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:27:18 PM

What source base are you working with?
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:37:41 PM

Originally it was a litecoin source base, but I will probably be forking off one of the alts again and reimplementing the new algo. Most of them have been cleaned up some already, but I will go through and do some clean up on the dirtier parts of the code I notice.
kalgecin

Activity: 819

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:31:40 PM

well, we need to do something about the blockchain size.... too much to download for some people with slow/bad/expensive internet :-(

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:37:07 PM

Nice! I for one welcome any new coins as I love the code as much as the coins! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:38:08 PM

well, we need to do something about the blockchain size.... too much to download for some people with slow/bad/expensive internet :-(

Added to OP.

So far we are on a roll anything else that would be useful to crypto to decentralize or make it easier?
maanto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:48:38 PM

Added to OP.

So far we are on a roll anything else that would be useful to crypto to decentralize or make it easier?
Put a clause in that states that it is not currency and the government cannot regulate it. [/sarcasm]
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:53:22 PM

By the time we are done here, that wont be a real issue. We will design it the way it should have been from day 1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: