Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:58:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UBERCOIN] Working on a new coin. Will update this thread when completed.  (Read 12253 times)
TheOtherOne

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:46:32 PM

A real innovative coin would introduce a new PoW, able to create dynamic connectors
for real world computation (e.g. folding etc.) on top of this. A coin with this capacity,
where the miner can choose what project he like to support with his computation power would
get tremendous attention from all directions. Community and media inclusive.
Plugin a working module (MATH/CHEM/BIO/MED/ASTRO) and choose your device type (CPU/GPU/FPGA).
Get your work from a 'babel-pow-broker-instance' and just start the local worker instance.
THIS would be innovative, instead to burn 5^10 kw/h with scrypt based, GPU only burner-coins
just to be safe of ASICs.

Don't take me wrong here, I like alt-coins and announcements like your's but I don't
understand why some talented coder doesn't start to work into this direction instead
wasting zetahashes of computation power just for a useless and boring SHA or scrypt.
Hopefully we will see something like this mentioned above soon.

So you asked, here we go... Grin
NiccoloMac (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:55:41 PM

That would fall into the real world application category. I have a few ideas, will see how they pan out on simulations.
TheOtherOne

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:02:31 PM

That would fall into the real world application category. I have a few ideas, will see how they pan out on simulations.

The only logical next step, to create something usefull. Curious to see your sourcecode.  Wink
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:28:37 PM

I am considering obfuscating the code a bit to keep armatures from making 500 forks of it. But that may not be necessary with all the items that will be integrated this wont be simple to compile.
kalgecin

Activity: 819
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:48:33 PM

Maybe add a mining calculator into the wallet? would be cool

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

innovation

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:56:31 PM

when , which and how?
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:10:27 PM

What will be the name of the coin?

So far I only heard one suggestion - crapcoin.

What use is a signature?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:32:36 PM

I don't know if this is possible or not.

I would like to see a coin that penalizes higher hash speed so small miners have a chance.
I am mining at 1GH/s-1MH/s and can only use pool mining once the difficulty gets above 0.4. I would far prefer to solo mine and that is why I like Memory Coin.

agreed !

and that guys response is people pay lots for hardware ?
well if the coin penalized high speed miners you would be able to save your money Wink
and hey lets not forgot many coins have tried this already..
this will make the coin more valuable and popular than ALL other coins combined i think.

i'm a dev and i considered *briefly making a coin too but starting a new currency is not just about showing of your skills on C lol
all of the other things should be obvious and as far as i am concerned if a dev is babbling on about how to code the coin with features etc
i think its already dead in the water and just another coin like ALL the rest.. for one simple glaringly obvious reason.
money is not designed and released for the money printers its for the general public.
so to rehash what i just said..
unless i see *and i haven't so far a real top priority effort in getting the coin adopted world wide then your missing the point and possibly wasting your time etc.
all the coin features in the world don't mean shit if you can't convince people to use it and that goes way beyond this forum. try planet earth ..

good luck lol

so far all i'm hearing is i'm a better coder and my coin will be better and that's not terribly original Wink

how about one single comment or goal in your first topic about addressing the issue of world wide average user adoption ?
because THAT is the "issue" that needs to be addressed FIRST !
exploits will ALWAYS exist and you know if you patch em up with this new coin more will be coming anyway..
hell as a cracker / coder i rape software dev's as a hobby and i don't even *usually have the source code to look at when i own some co's shareware or game etc
so.. with a github domain to go and being able to go gleen some info from github will make nice cannon fodder for the bad guys lol

bah.. i think i made my point here. if people don't get at this point i'm wasting my time typing lol

PS:
i think that guys point i quoted will be the key in making a popular coin that lasts.
look at IFC.. if it was paying out small amounts it would have been dead long ago but new guys come onto the scene and love it because they can still mine some coins.. *for now lol
and all i ever hear is sell what ever you got to buy more / better hardware and why do we *need to do all that anyway ?
How many of you mine BTC 24/7 ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:05:41 AM

You should avoid the attacks, the point is to get input and then implement all that can be accomplished. If you feel as if you know of a way to secure the network and simultaneously limit the very thing that secures the network. Please show us your method and we will work on implementing it. As for the worldwide implementation, you have no idea who I am, the governments are beginning to focus on virtual coins. It is best if my identity is kept quiet along with anyone else that submits any small piece of code to this coin.

As to adoption, I am working on that, but its unrelated to the development of the coin itself so I will not talk about it here.

Testing out a new method to anonymize the network, looks promising, thanks for the ideas so far everyone.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:49:09 AM

i never attacked you and i won't read past that part..

take my my input or not i don't care .

FUD first & ask questions later™
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:55:46 AM

I have finished half the list so far, the coin mines on testnet and the difficulty retargets are functioning properly.

Time to get into the nitty gritty.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 02:17:44 AM

So its a Satoshi based coin?

bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:53:39 AM

GPU resistant and BOT-net resistant would be great features, but hard to implement. Pool resistant would be interesting.

BOT-nets mostly rely on cloning, make 1 wallet with 10,000 addresses... after all, who has the time to log into 500 machines to service 500 wallets?

So, how to limit clones... you could attach an IP address or the network card MAC address to the wallet.  This would affect anonymity though.  You could use a 'share the wealth' approach... once an address solves a block it becomes unable to submit another block until say 100 others have found a block (pool killer, possible 51% preventer).  Using something like Primecoins 2.5 day minting wait would also deter bot-nets if people had to lose those days worth of mining at the end of their contracts, esp if they couldn't clone wallets because of IP/MAC attaching.

Limitations like this would likely kill the coin though, depends on the 'player' base.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:18:08 AM

GPU resistant will probably will happen either way due to the algo. Botnet may be difficult to use on this coin due to a secondary feature that is attached that we have not discussed and I wont expand on yet.
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:33:59 AM

OP updated, does anyone have any out of the box or odd features they would like in the wallet?

Yeah an integrated chat. where developers team can talk to each other. And auto update. + news update related to coin. Smiley

How about integrated gambling while you're at it? A button that says "Double or nothing' with your entire balance.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:46:43 AM

OP updated, does anyone have any out of the box or odd features they would like in the wallet?

Yeah an integrated chat. where developers team can talk to each other. And auto update. + news update related to coin. Smiley

How about integrated gambling while you're at it? A button that says "Double or nothing' with your entire balance.

Lol, That is actually a good idea (not the double or nothing part) you could create an easy integration for sites. Maybe an API?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:52:06 AM

Lol, That is actually a good idea (not the double or nothing part) you could create an easy integration for sites. Maybe an API?

Actually, how about an integrated ad network? Advertisers could pay to have their banner show up in all the clients.  Like the broadcast feature, only with graphics.

Come to think of it, you could just about integrate an entire economy into the one software package.

Granted, it'd be a breeding ground for bugs and malware.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:55:28 AM

Updated OP.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:20:33 AM

I don't know if this is possible or not.

I would like to see a coin that penalizes higher hash speed so small miners have a chance.
I am mining at 1GH/s-1MH/s and can only use pool mining once the difficulty gets above 0.4. I would far prefer to solo mine and that is why I like Memory Coin.

agreed !

and that guys response is people pay lots for hardware ?
well if the coin penalized high speed miners you would be able to save your money Wink
and hey lets not forgot many coins have tried this already..
this will make the coin more valuable and popular than ALL other coins combined i think.

i'm a dev and i considered *briefly making a coin too but starting a new currency is not just about showing of your skills on C lol
all of the other things should be obvious and as far as i am concerned if a dev is babbling on about how to code the coin with features etc
i think its already dead in the water and just another coin like ALL the rest.. for one simple glaringly obvious reason.
money is not designed and released for the money printers its for the general public.
so to rehash what i just said..
unless i see *and i haven't so far a real top priority effort in getting the coin adopted world wide then your missing the point and possibly wasting your time etc.
all the coin features in the world don't mean shit if you can't convince people to use it and that goes way beyond this forum. try planet earth ..

good luck lol

so far all i'm hearing is i'm a better coder and my coin will be better and that's not terribly original Wink

how about one single comment or goal in your first topic about addressing the issue of world wide average user adoption ?
because THAT is the "issue" that needs to be addressed FIRST !
exploits will ALWAYS exist and you know if you patch em up with this new coin more will be coming anyway..
hell as a cracker / coder i rape software dev's as a hobby and i don't even *usually have the source code to look at when i own some co's shareware or game etc
so.. with a github domain to go and being able to go gleen some info from github will make nice cannon fodder for the bad guys lol

bah.. i think i made my point here. if people don't get at this point i'm wasting my time typing lol

PS:
i think that guys point i quoted will be the key in making a popular coin that lasts.
look at IFC.. if it was paying out small amounts it would have been dead long ago but new guys come onto the scene and love it because they can still mine some coins.. *for now lol
and all i ever hear is sell what ever you got to buy more / better hardware and why do we *need to do all that anyway ?
How many of you mine BTC 24/7 ?

I agree... all the currencies shouln't be base on how easy or hard it is for the miners (even though it's a consideration to take in) but rather the "real world" user experience.  It's all about how confident people will be toward this, or any other, currency. 

I am curious to see what's coming up here. 

Remember that the genius is making things simple, and easy to use!

Looking forward to what you have to show us Smiley

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Online24o0n

Activity: 98

"Ignorance never settles a question."

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 05:10:13 AM

I am working on a coin that will solve many problems currently confronting the crypto community. The amount of issues, bugs, and exploits on all these alt coins becomes more aparrent daily. Due to this and watching corruption begin to creep into the development teams of the more popular coins. I would like feedback before the coin is completed.

I would like ideas that fix problems that exist. Dont worry about method of implementation, that will be taken care of on my end.

Please reply with either a problem, feature, or a solution. I will take your concepts and implement them, there will be no premine or instamine.

Do not bother with giving tips for the which sha256/scrypt combo to use, this will be neither.

I am only looking for suggestions for the items to include in the client itself to continue encouraging decentralization and allow users to further empower themselves.

For the files once completed, they will be posted here. After which we will start taking community requests or even help if offered.

https://github.com/NiccoloMac

This will be an ongoing work in progress.

Features Requested:
1.Real world value (IE XPM (not really useful) or other coin that integrates a real world beneficial project, looking at Folding and other real world applications.)
2.Attack resistant - I have a method for this already.
3.Anonymous - This will be optional, I have this portion begun already.
4.Integrated Chat
5.Make a option to have reduced blockchain size.
6.Mining Calculator
7.Adoption via simplicity of use
8.Network attack mitigation
9.Integrated API
10.Paid Ad Network - Using Broadcast or Similar Feature. (this would require monitoring and manual moderation most likely)
We already have that coin, bitcoin... lol, idiot, do you really think your ideas are original?   wow

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present"
- Marcus Aurelius
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: