Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 04:36:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UBERCOIN] Working on a new coin. Will update this thread when completed.  (Read 12249 times)
NiccoloMac (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:14:20 PM

I would be impressed if all these items were added to bitcoin. And yes, it will be simple to use, there will be several new UI items on the qt.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:10:41 PM

How many of you mine BTC 24/7 ?

I do.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:14:20 PM

I would mine btc if the people related to the development and promotion did not cause more problems than they solve.
shakezula

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:20:40 PM

I would mine btc if the people related to the development and promotion did not cause more problems than they solve.

That's why we're all anxiously awaiting the release of your ubercoin.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:33:00 PM

I like that name, we can use it for a project name for now.
shakezula

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:19:30 PM

+1 love it. Once again, in some small way I am happy to have contributed to this project. Now Uber to GOX!  Grin
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:55:30 PM

how abt adding libzerocoin?
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:36:04 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 04:49:09 PM by NiccoloMac

That would fall under the anonymity portion. But I plan to make it a bit more extensive.
maanto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:06:44 PM

This would probably fall under the 'ease of use' section, but if newbies are to adopt this, especially as an improvement to the original formula, it would be good to include things like a sample .conf file and some instructions on how to run it in a Readme file.

Additionally, I'm sure there are more UI and UX improvements that can be patched over time that will enhance ease of use, but I can't think of any right now with the exception of revamping the entire UI. Maybe the Mining tab could be made a little easier, i.e. one button to start/stop (toggle) mining.
An auto-detect IP/port would be nice.
Possibly a one-time start-up toast that asks if you want to import a wallet; if Yes, open a file browser, select a wallet.dat file, copy it to the appropriate location on the OS.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:21:57 PM

This would probably fall under the 'ease of use' section, but if newbies are to adopt this, especially as an improvement to the original formula, it would be good to include things like a sample .conf file and some instructions on how to run it in a Readme file.

Additionally, I'm sure there are more UI and UX improvements that can be patched over time that will enhance ease of use, but I can't think of any right now with the exception of revamping the entire UI. Maybe the Mining tab could be made a little easier, i.e. one button to start/stop (toggle) mining.
An auto-detect IP/port would be nice.
Possibly a one-time start-up toast that asks if you want to import a wallet; if Yes, open a file browser, select a wallet.dat file, copy it to the appropriate location on the OS.

This was actually mostly along the lines of what I was thinking, but you explained it well so please dont edit that post just leave it up so OP can link to it.
shakezula

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:29:39 PM

If the client uses IRC, it will auto ping the server for its ip and return it via the .log. One could scrape it and display as an object in Qt I'd expect.
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:44:22 PM

I didn't mean to imply that cunningham chains have real world value, just that they have more "value" than pure sha/scrypt hashing.  Primecoin was first to the market with a "it's better than nothing," "scientific," PoW.  As a result its popularity growth has been unrivaled by any coin ever, with a value to match its popularity (there's been 25k xpm dumped on mcxNOW the past 14 hours and the price moved from .008 to .0077).

My point is that moving in the direction of real world utility (something more than just a vehicle for value transport) is clearly the direction the market wants to see next gen coins take.  

Unrelated but something to consider:  One could reasonably argue that the BTC mining hardware arms race has done a phenomenal amount of the heavy lifting in terms of attracting fiat investment.  Effectively incentivizing movement INTO the Bitcoin economy.  Thus spurring widespread adoption of BTC as a currency.

Just consider that when you move to discourage incentives that make a person want to mine more.

Edit:
Also an option for Windows users to choose the location of the install would be nice  Cool  Blockchain on my ssd makes me Sad
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:51:34 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 07:12:04 PM by PoolMinor

Wallet functions:

The ability to total outgoing/incoming transaction amounts. A ledger exists, but doesn't have the option for a total balance per day, week, etc. Currently this must be manually calculated via external calculator.

Have a special console button. (like Pennies wallet)

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:53:59 PM

So lets expand on that, perhaps a ledger of sorts?
maanto

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:57:12 PM

I didn't mean to imply that cunningham chains have real world value, just that they have more "value" than pure sha/scrypt hashing.  Primecoin was first to the market with a "it's better than nothing," "scientific," PoW.  As a result its popularity growth has been unrivaled by any coin ever, with a value to match its popularity (there's been 25k xpm dumped on mcxNOW the past 14 hours and the price moved from .008 to .0077).

My point is that moving in the direction of real world utility (something more than just a vehicle for value transport) is clearly the direction the market wants to see next gen coins take.  

Unrelated but something to consider:  One could reasonably argue that the BTC mining hardware arms race has done a phenomenal amount of the heavy lifting in terms of attracting fiat investment.  Effectively incentivizing movement INTO the Bitcoin economy.  Thus spurring widespread adoption of BTC as a currency.

Just consider that when you move to discourage incentives that make a person want to mine more.

Edit:
Also an option for Windows users to choose the location of the install would be nice  Cool  Blockchain on my ssd makes me Sad
I know it's probably been discussed many times in other threads (most of what we're talking about has) but still the idea of using all that sha256/scrypt/jane power for something more productive is really appealing.

I don't think you should bother (at release) with doing something vastly different (i.e. XPM, Curecoin, Seticoin) but stick with the existing widely used methods so far.

If there is a way to convert the results of the hashing power into something else in the future, then by all means, patch it in.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:44:28 PM

I have not received any viable methods of impacting large mining operations beyond the general 51% protections. So no it will not be discouraged as of now.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:50:21 PM

I love this guy! Uber coin uber alles!!!

Add a Mac wallet PLEASEEEE Cheesy
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:59:14 PM

uberinteresting stuff...

mac wallet pls Cheesy
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:00:28 PM

When completed I will divvy out some duties such as compiling the mac wallet. Likely someone will do it without me telling them to even. I plan to have windows and linux compiled, tested, and completely functional at launch. Some of the mentioned features may not be active yet, but the ones I cant squeeze in right now I will add as we go.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:07:21 PM

prior to the release, make a conf file and some desktop icons, and allow me to make an installer package that installs it all. this will attract the less technically inclined users

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: