Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:38:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [UBERCOIN] Working on a new coin. Will update this thread when completed.  (Read 12254 times)
Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:11:23 PM

^good plan
NiccoloMac (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:29:35 PM

I would not have a problem with that.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:07:31 AM

ClickTeam install creator is the program to use, its free. Have it install the app to #appdata# with a .conf and you're golden.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:13:48 AM

Updating op to your info about ease of installation. Will come back to that once everything compiles.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:04:43 AM

How about handling multipools with the adjust on each block algo some of the coins are using.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:26:28 AM

IE XPM (not really useful)

It is useful in cryptography, and the coin is the ultimate proof it is useful in cryptography.

Is cryptography "not really useful"?
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:32:15 AM

Im just curious... why would you put a chat function in that? There are already too much chatroom..and maybe you can add  some "just add troll" function Wink
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:57:43 AM

No chat room, encrypted messaging. XPM is calculating primes which have already been figured up to a number with 17,425,170 digits. They are not solving new primes. If they were then it would be useful.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:05:10 PM

Good luck dev!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1403

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:35:51 PM

I like the idea of dif adjustment every block or every 2 blocks to discourage pools

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:07:50 PM

Added it to OP.
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:58:39 PM

That would fall under the anonymity portion. But I plan to make it a bit more extensive.

That's all I need to hear - can't wait for the release!

Given the constant attack on all forms of privacy in today's society, I have no doubt people will flock to any cryptocurrency that is truly anonymous. It doesn't look like Zerocoin is being picked up by anyone anytime soon, so your coin can be the first to fill this desperate need - best of luck to you!

BigJohn

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 10:21:32 PM

The real-world value thing is the most major issue I'd like to see addressed. I like the open-ended plugin idea. So that someone could come in and make a folding plugin, or an image-renderer plugin, or what have you.

It also leads into my second biggest issue with Bitcoin, which is to explain it to other people.

The main thing with that is that two questions always come up. One is "So what is a bitcoin?", and the other is "What stops someone from just copy/pasting tons of free coins for himself?"

The latter question ties in with the usefulness of hashing. Cause now I gotta explain hashing and how ineffective it is. How it's basically there to waste time, but that's good because it buys security, and the whole proof-of-work concept. It would be a thousand times easier to explain if it had any kind of real-world relevance. The more generic the better. Cause then I could say that you can set it to "solve cancer", or find aliens, or render 3D images, etc. It would attract lots of people.

The former question has to do with how everything is named. I always have to say "there is no such thing as a bitcoin", explaining that it's not an object, as the word 'coin' suggests, but more of a concept. Then I go into how there's a ledger in the cloud that keeps track of everyone's accounts, and that if I send you some "bitcoins", I really just add an entry to the ledger that says that I have -X bitcoins, and someone else has +X bitcoins. At which point they say "ahh, so it's like credits from every sci-fi movie ever?", to which I reply "yeah, basically, except there's a set amount and there will never be more than that amount".

So that's a long-winded way of saying that it would be nice to be able to refer to it in other ways. Maybe a plugin system for other units. Like say put the client in "Credits" mode, which will just show you how many Satoshis/Credits you have. Or maybe have a $USD mode that fetches the BTC:USD exchange from online and shows you your balance directly in USD (or any currency).
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:06:15 PM

The real-world value thing is the most major issue I'd like to see addressed. I like the open-ended plugin idea. So that someone could come in and make a folding plugin, or an image-renderer plugin, or what have you.

It also leads into my second biggest issue with Bitcoin, which is to explain it to other people.

The main thing with that is that two questions always come up. One is "So what is a bitcoin?", and the other is "What stops someone from just copy/pasting tons of free coins for himself?"

The latter question ties in with the usefulness of hashing. Cause now I gotta explain hashing and how ineffective it is. How it's basically there to waste time, but that's good because it buys security, and the whole proof-of-work concept. It would be a thousand times easier to explain if it had any kind of real-world relevance. The more generic the better. Cause then I could say that you can set it to "solve cancer", or find aliens, or render 3D images, etc. It would attract lots of people.

The former question has to do with how everything is named. I always have to say "there is no such thing as a bitcoin", explaining that it's not an object, as the word 'coin' suggests, but more of a concept. Then I go into how there's a ledger in the cloud that keeps track of everyone's accounts, and that if I send you some "bitcoins", I really just add an entry to the ledger that says that I have -X bitcoins, and someone else has +X bitcoins. At which point they say "ahh, so it's like credits from every sci-fi movie ever?", to which I reply "yeah, basically, except there's a set amount and there will never be more than that amount".

So that's a long-winded way of saying that it would be nice to be able to refer to it in other ways. Maybe a plugin system for other units. Like say put the client in "Credits" mode, which will just show you how many Satoshis/Credits you have. Or maybe have a $USD mode that fetches the BTC:USD exchange from online and shows you your balance directly in USD (or any currency).

Like I said earlier, and you said it well BigJohn, if any alternative, virtual currency could bring value to consumers and business AND at the same time be of some use in the "bacground" to solve what ever problem/issues would be BIG time a plus for everyone involved. 

+1 for this comment

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 11:29:40 PM

I am looking into methods to tie them together and possibly use folding or another real world program. I have a few ideas of how it could be done.
BigJohn

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:09:10 AM

I am looking into methods to tie them together and possibly use folding or another real world program. I have a few ideas of how it could be done.

Is there any reason why it has to be anything specific? Couldn't it be a plugin system of sorts? Where someone could come in and write a folding plugin, and then your proof of work is folding, or write an image-rendering plugin, and then your proof of work is rendering, etc.
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:17:25 AM

For it to secure the chain it would have to be tied into the real world uses. The plugin isnt really the issue here. I am discussing it with colleagues.
TheDirtybird

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:42:50 AM

I'd like to see a wallet that has an info page for things we have to console to see (network speed, hashrate, difficulty etc..make the console come to life)
I would also like to see a wallet that doesn't look like every other wallet... some uniqueness and style
I would also like to see a wallet with a decent easy to use controllable backup system and maybe not have the wallet named "wallet.dat" like every other wallet if its possible.

Just things I would like to see other than the other stuff mentioned here..just throwin out ideas about wallet(s) we deal with all the time.

Good luck all!
NiccoloMac (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:24:50 AM

Updated, for the wallet.dat, I think its unnecessary as you will have a simplified wallet I will add a recommendations/tutorial to encrypt the wallet.
BigJohn

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:11:01 AM

For it to secure the chain it would have to be tied into the real world uses. The plugin isnt really the issue here. I am discussing it with colleagues.

Right, I'm just wondering if it has to be tied to a specific use, or can it just be some generic work and then let the users decide what that work is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: