Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL current state of affairs  (Read 8134 times)
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:02:59 AM

Not true.  ASICs are the future and we just have to deal with that.  Once 28nm and lower chips come along (and they will) GH/s will start to increase wildly to account for the high difficulty.  Not only that but remember these are essentially still first gen devices, once the basic designs are down, improvements will be made in time.

Read the forums and check the pre-order statistics. Only a small fragment of the ordered Gen1 ASICs is already delivered. Take into account that ASICMINER and maybe others work hard to keep their share when the large amount of outstanding orders is delivered. A bitcoin ASIC generation with 22-28nm is far away and the performance gain from 65nm-110nm to 22-28nm is too small compared to the CPU->GPU->FPGA->ASIC transitions. If you don't pay for your ASICs and you have minimal/zero operating costs you might be fine - all others better buy BTC instead of ASICs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:32:22 AM

Not true.  ASICs are the future and we just have to deal with that.  Once 28nm and lower chips come along (and they will) GH/s will start to increase wildly to account for the high difficulty.  Not only that but remember these are essentially still first gen devices, once the basic designs are down, improvements will be made in time.

Read the forums and check the pre-order statistics. Only a small fragment of the ordered Gen1 ASICs is already delivered. Take into account that ASICMINER and maybe others work hard to keep their share when the large amount of outstanding orders is delivered. A bitcoin ASIC generation with 22-28nm is far away and the performance gain from 65nm-110nm to 22-28nm is too small compared to the CPU->GPU->FPGA->ASIC transitions. If you don't pay for your ASICs and you have minimal/zero operating costs you might be fine - all others better buy BTC instead of ASICs.

I think I might be one of the few people who didnt pay anything for asics (BFL, avalon and KNC) and get free power. My ROI is off the charts, however I do sympathise with other asic customers where ROI is of the utmost importance.

On another note, I believe that most miners (and the mining industry) will be the potential death of bitcoin. Too many people only mining for profit and at the same time don't give a shit about the bitcoin industry. Remember, without general public interest and growth we are doomed. If you see a chance to educate and possibly implement bitcoin as a payment system or alternative to fiat then at least try.
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:48:44 AM

Well, most "miners" are not miners but hashing power sellers. There are only a few miners: Pool operators, P2Pool miners and solo miners. The rest has nothing to do with bitcoin mining - they have no vote.
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:57:55 AM

Well, most "miners" are not miners but hashing power sellers. There are only a few miners: Pool operators, P2Pool miners and solo miners. The rest has nothing to do with bitcoin mining - they have no vote.

You understand what I mean though. Smiley
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:52:58 PM

Agreed.

The entire eco system depends on people buying things with bitcoin, and the main reason I am mining is to re invest my BTC in business that do just that.

The main barrier is popular opinion. My mum (who I told about my mining idea) didn't want to be involved because she was worried that it could be used for illegal purposes.  just type it into google and most of what you see will be bitcoin fraud this or illegal use that.

Until that perception changes, we are fighting a losing battle.   

I am trying to spread the good word, that bitcoin prices in relation to fiat are reasonably stable and therefore are a good investment.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:48:38 PM

The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.

Care to back up such a claim with any sort of proof?

Buy & Hold
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:55:38 PM

The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.

Care to back up such a claim with any sort of proof?

*mumbles something about delusions of grandeur*
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 02:14:51 PM

LOL  I am Soooooooooooooooooooo  glad I got away from this Train Wreck of a company.    And got my Refunds(All of them too).  What a bunch of goofballs thinking they can tell me I cant get a Refund..  I just feel sorry for all the other Noobs over there that don’t know how to stand up for themselves..

JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:27:52 PM

Josh reminds me of Joseph Goebels after year 1943 :-)
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:41:09 PM

But honestly, whatever is in the backlog will never make ROI. It is a write-off folks. BFL had their window of opportunity but it has long since closed. Wonder if they are going to come out with Gen2 plans (and perhaps upgrade orders that have been in the queue for over 6 months) or just close up shop.

Someone doesn't understand how bitcoin mining works...

Someone doesn't understand how supply chain and fulfillment works otherwise you would not have predicted the end of September to clear 421 days of backlog in the remaining 33 working days (you don't work on weekends right) that you have between now and the end of September.

Here you are again making open ended statements without the next sentence.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:47:19 PM

Who's deploying then?  The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.

It's like High School, show your work (math) or you get no credit.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Who's deploying then?  The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:22:08 PM

Reality?! I'm not happy with this, but I can accept that my BFL Single SC will never reach break even. What I absolutely cannot accept is, that I paid an express upgrade, the product is shiped with USPS and I did not get a refund of the upgrade price - is this your reality? Is your reality to defraud customers?!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:22:56 PM

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I.  

This man has a firm grasp on reality.

We should listen to him. He knows what he is talking about.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:30:59 PM

The problem is, Josh, that while you and your BFL colleagues may know the reality of the situation, those of us who have bank rolled your company do not, because you just won`t tell us.  You expect us to be content with riddles and pie in the sky shipping estimates.

Whilst at the same time, taking what seems like a hoiler than thou I know more than you do attitude towards us.

How do you expect to be seen as a respected company when you treat your customers with such disdain?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.

The reality is that because of BFL's inability to ramp up production, out of the bitcoin network's 400 TH/s, BFL hardware is a minuscule portion.

Buy & Hold
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:00:24 PM

How do you expect to be seen as a respected company when you treat your customers with such disdain?

Hey, try BitSynCom (aka FukUNow), you'll be ignored all together.  I personally know of a guy who ordered early in October batch #1 Avalon
and got ignored until May.  Most trade-in customers have been ignored since April. By ignored, I mean no emails, no order ids, no
contact of any kind.  Makes you feel like you are not a customer.

With BFL, at least I got support emails back within a week.  Same goes for bitfury.  

Are they IBM, Microsoft or Cisco in terms of customer support?  Of course not.  
They are a small company.

I don't understand why you people constantly bash this company.  Cancel the order, get a refund if you don't like it.
At least you can do that.  With BitSynCom is like talking to a wall.

mezzomix
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:34:44 PM

I don't understand why you people constantly bash this company.  Cancel the order, get a refund if you don't like it.

Can you read and understand: I REQUESTED A REFUND FOR MY EXPRESS SHIPMENT UPGRADE!

What happened? BFL ignored my express upgrade and shiped with USPS and BFL ignored my refund request! BTW, BFL ignored my Jan 2013 refund request as well. You ask why people constantly bash this company. No wonder when they ignored and defraud their customers and do not deliver what they paid for.
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:37:16 PM

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I. 

Is this Used Care Salesmen still on here pimping Pintos?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:03:17 PM

BFL has bigger things to worry about than people who can do math adding up the shipped hash rate and realizing that BFL is not shipping much.

BFL got subpoenaed a few days ago by a regulator.
The Kansas AG is investigating BFL.
PayPal is pissed at BFL.
The FTC is investigating BFL.
The KC police department is investigating BFL.
Even Sonny's probation officer is sniffing around his latest investment scam.

Now that pre-orders are drying up, Josh is back trying to milk the last few dollars out of bitcointalk.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: