Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:03:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL current state of affairs  (Read 8134 times)
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:13:42 PM

I upgraded an order from a Jalapeno model to a Single SC model, back before the price raise. At the time, I SPECIFICALLY asked whether or not this would affect my place in line for shipping, and BFL told me in no unclear terms that it wouldn't. They lied to me. They are now shipping Jalas to people who ordered in LATE NOVEMBER, while my Single SC order dated late JULY is still far, far from being produced. They were on a contract with a LOT of people who depended on them to ship IN ORDER, which they completely failed to do. Now all the earliest, largest order-holders are watching their expected return dwindle to nothing, all the money they invested is going to people who ordered Jalas months after them.

In short: BFL is a scam. They are basically running an investment LOTTERY... BFL LIED TO ME AND THEY ROBBED ME. They do not respond when I write them asking for a refund. They banned me from their shoutbox.

This is what I see happening during September at BFL: at least one very large order-holder will ask for a refund on the order of six-figures, which they will deny. Then, they will be hit with a lawsuit from a high-powered law firm, and shut down during investigation by the FTC. Their executives will be arrested for investment fraud. The only people who will make any money are those who manage to get a device delivered by the end of August. All others will lose their entire investment in BFL.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:31:23 PM

I just had to repost this  Cheesy

Good luck getting your refunds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:54:08 PM

Who's deploying then?  The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.
I know some forum members who probably aren't on the same page as you, and I'm sure there are plenty more of these out there.

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:07:29 PM

Who's deploying then?  The network hashrate seems to be going up in lockstep with the amount of hashrate we are shipping out, give or take a slight deviation.
I know some forum members who probably aren't on the same page as you, and I'm sure there are plenty more of these out there.

That is almost 600GH/s in that picture.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

It's like High School, show your work (math) or you get no credit.

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I. 

Speaking about being an adult, when are you going to answer the question posed by several of your adult peers?

What's the status of the FCC certification you're on record in stating would be available in two weeks back in November of last year?

Why do you continue to ignore this question each and every time it's been asked (over 100 times now), and not just by me, your favorite nemesis?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 08:12:55 PM

BFL has bigger things to worry about than people who can do math adding up the shipped hash rate and realizing that BFL is not shipping much.

BFL got subpoenaed a few days ago by a regulator.
The Kansas AG is investigating BFL.
PayPal is pissed at BFL.
The FTC is investigating BFL.
The KC police department is investigating BFL.
Even Sonny's probation officer is sniffing around his latest investment scam.

Now that pre-orders are drying up, Josh is back trying to milk the last few dollars out of bitcointalk.

Josh is only here because his rainbow poodle is in heat and Sonny's dick is sore, thus he's seeking a fix, knowing damn well we'll stick it up his ass.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 08:15:35 PM

For those who missed it the first time!

I upgraded an order from a Jalapeno model to a Single SC model, back before the price raise. At the time, I SPECIFICALLY asked whether or not this would affect my place in line for shipping, and BFL told me in no unclear terms that it wouldn't. They lied to me. They are now shipping Jalas to people who ordered in LATE NOVEMBER, while my Single SC order dated late JULY is still far, far from being produced. They were on a contract with a LOT of people who depended on them to ship IN ORDER, which they completely failed to do. Now all the earliest, largest order-holders are watching their expected return dwindle to nothing, all the money they invested is going to people who ordered Jalas months after them.

In short: BFL is a scam. They are basically running an investment LOTTERY... BFL LIED TO ME AND THEY ROBBED ME. They do not respond when I write them asking for a refund. They banned me from their shoutbox.

This is what I see happening during September at BFL: at least one very large order-holder will ask for a refund on the order of six-figures, which they will deny. Then, they will be hit with a lawsuit from a high-powered law firm, and shut down during investigation by the FTC. Their executives will be arrested for investment fraud. The only people who will make any money are those who manage to get a device delivered by the end of August. All others will lose their entire investment in BFL.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 08:20:47 PM

I'm utterly amazed at the network hashrate BFL has shipped. One question: Those fans from BFL, are they hooked up in parallel or in series? Also, when you overclock BFL's fan, does that effect the clock buffers or the moffits(?)?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:27:35 PM

The only people who will make any money are those who manage to get a device delivered by the end of August. All others will lose their entire investment in BFL.

That's not true. Those that had the forward thinking and due diligence to check with their credit card issuer to determine what payment protection exists an whether they are covered for a sufficient period of time and used that card to pay will be fine. Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

ONLY pay for pre-orders on card!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
hope4me

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:27:48 PM

Seems you are just unlucky, Single SC generates too much heat
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:29:52 PM

It's like High School, show your work (math) or you get no credit.

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I. 
I cant wait for reality to hit the company soon to be formerly known as BFL. Get the popcorn  Grin

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:41:09 PM

I don't understand why you people constantly bash this company.  Cancel the order, get a refund if you don't like it.  At least you can do that.  
Is that right?  That's really good news for a lot of people. 

Would that it were true, a lot of the posts, even in this thread, would not be made.
udet4food

Activity: 413

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:50:20 PM

I don't understand why you people constantly bash this company.  Cancel the order, get a refund if you don't like it.  At least you can do that.  

Would that it were true, a lot of the posts, even in this thread, would not be made.

What method of payments cannot get refunds (not counting BTC and Bank Wires)?
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

Well, I certainly don't want to speak for The Labs if an official spokesman is here.  Josh, would you like to answer this question?
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:04:50 PM

Josh, I'm requesting a refund on my Single SC order that you failed to ship within 54 weeks. I paid in bitcoin. Let me know, pal.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:07:40 PM

All methods can get refunds. It will depend on your method of payment as to how you go about getting one.
First step is always ask BFL for a refund. If they have not shipped your product, they are legally obligated to refund your money if you ask for it.
If they refuse, the second step is always to fill a complaint with the FTC so they know BFL is violating the law.
If you paid by BTC or Bank Wire, you can either press forward with the FTC through their claims division, or you can retain a lawyer and go after BFL directly.
If you paid by PayPal you can file a dispute with them (if they close it, call them and tell them you have been scammed). If you paid via CC, you can initiate a charge back if Paypal drags their feet.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 09:12:53 PM

Don't think for a minute we don't see what you're up to. You paid via BTC or BW (not Bruce Wagner) hoping that all others who paid via other means gets refunded, thus allowing you to move up the queue. Genius! Provided, of course, all this takes place prior to September 15, 2013, when Sonny Vleisides' probation is up due to being convicted as a felon for fleecing hundreds of millions of dollars from the elder with his 15 year running lottery scam.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:17:53 PM

I found a photo of the current state of affairs.

Seems they were mining with preordered rigs after all. rig fire =O

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
greenbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:19:41 PM

Much like I told Flying Hellfish, once you become an adult, you will realize that reality (and the rest of the world) does not care about you.  Reality is what it is, you can accept it or deny it, but it will still be reality.  Nothing needs to be proven, no work needs to be shown.  You either accept reality or you deny it, the choice is up to you.  Reality doesn't care about you and what you believe, and just like I told Mr. Hellfish, neither do I.  

This man has a firm grasp on reality.

We should listen to him. He knows what he is talking about.
+1 LOL
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:20:55 PM

I'm having a hard time with the charts but didn't the network add 200,000 GH in the last month?  So you're saying you've shipped 40,000 Jalapenos, or 4,000 Singles, or 400 Mini-Rigs or some sort of combination of those in the last month, give or take a slight deviation?

Bitfury in Ukraine put up 100TH/s online recently, just for testing  Wink  ASICMiner probably "matched" that.
In my estimate, BFL shipped ~50-100 Mini rigs so far.
Are you sure?   How did he do that when his boards did not work and he is waiting for new ones?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: