Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:13:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing on BTCe error "Money hold. 40625 min left"  (Read 13698 times)
l.j2300

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:32:14 PM

I had the same problem happen to me except I attached the required ID's before my wire transfer deposited into my account (to avoid this specific problem) and they replied with "ok". When my funds were finally credited to my account, I traded for btc then went to withdraw the btc and had the same message appear (money hold) for the similar amount of time. I then made another ticket asking what the problem was since I had already verified my ID's, and I attached the ID proof again. It has now been 4 business days and I haven't received a response yet.

Please update us when you resolve this issue.. i'm intrested to know what happend.

Thanks

They responded to me yesterday saying that there is always a standard hold of "24 hours". I responded back with the money hold is much longer than 24 hours, its in the 25 + day range. They then responded fairly quickly after that and asked to provide an ID and utility bill. I mentioned once again that I provided a DL and another form of proof of residency (insurance) already. I also asked what are alternatives to use for a utility bill. They replied with the same answer stating that that there bank requires them to provide copies of ID and a utility bill. I then uploaded my DL and insurance once again. I will update with their reply.
nolocimes

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:05:32 AM

I didn't realise kyc was an option -  I've been patiently waiting the thirty days to get my coins out.

I hope they don't confiscate the funds at the end of the hold!

Has anyone just waited out the hold? I need to know whether to bother with the ID thing.

thanks
tlielaxu

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 11:36:48 AM

I had the same problem happen to me except I attached the required ID's before my wire transfer deposited into my account (to avoid this specific problem) and they replied with "ok". When my funds were finally credited to my account, I traded for btc then went to withdraw the btc and had the same message appear (money hold) for the similar amount of time. I then made another ticket asking what the problem was since I had already verified my ID's, and I attached the ID proof again. It has now been 4 business days and I haven't received a response yet.

Please update us when you resolve this issue.. i'm intrested to know what happend.

Thanks

They responded to me yesterday saying that there is always a standard hold of "24 hours". I responded back with the money hold is much longer than 24 hours, its in the 25 + day range. They then responded fairly quickly after that and asked to provide an ID and utility bill. I mentioned once again that I provided a DL and another form of proof of residency (insurance) already. I also asked what are alternatives to use for a utility bill. They replied with the same answer stating that that there bank requires them to provide copies of ID and a utility bill. I then uploaded my DL and insurance once again. I will update with their reply.

My experience has been exaclty the same. Support regurgitates the same ID and Utility requirement (although I've already submitted) and they even did the "24 Hour Hold" answer and of course it's going on 1 week now since my wire. I would recommend no one send BTC-e wires, not sure what's going on over there but my spidey sense is tingling pretty hard. If I ever get access to them I plan on taking all my coins out and heading for the hills.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:40:56 PM

I am in the same boat.  The frustrating part is that my $1,000 'test' wire went through no problem, and I was able to withdraw the BTC without delay.  Now I have sent in much more and am being subjected to the hold.  I had already sent scans of my passport and utility bill weeks ago.  They seem quasi-reputable, so hopefully this is just bad customer service.  And you wouldn't think solvency is an issue with bitcoin being over $400, OTHO, maybe this is a good time to cut and run.

Does anyone know the address for BTC-e's offices?  I assume they have some sort of physical location.   
l.j2300

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:06:26 PM

No reply yet, even though I reached out to all sources of communication to btc-e such as through PM on the forums here, Skype, and opened another support ticket.
passo

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

got same problems. They decided to hold my coins for 26 days. It was only a small transfer off 500euro.Sent a ticket and waiting for reply. Also,  i have not got a utility bill. I dont have any bills except my rent and thats cash in hand. This has caused me problems at other exchanges.
l.j2300

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:57:41 PM

got same problems. They decided to hold my coins for 26 days. It was only a small transfer off 500euro.Sent a ticket and waiting for reply. Also,  i have not got a utility bill. I dont have any bills except my rent and thats cash in hand. This has caused me problems at other exchanges.

I asked them for an alternative for a utility bill but they did not reply so I used house insurance (not sure if it works but will let everyone know once they reply).

For some other exchanges, you could use a bank statement, phone bill, tax papers, insurance...
passo

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:41:20 PM

I asked them for an alternative for a utility bill but they did not reply so I used house insurance (not sure if it works but will let everyone know once they reply).

For some other exchanges, you could use a bank statement, phone bill, tax papers, insurance...

i got none of those either. got pre paid phone, live in another country and work where the tax man cant find me so no insurance either. The bank dont know where i live and i like to keep it that way.
tlielaxu

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 12:28:20 AM

Has anyone successfully waited out the 30 day hold? I'm guessing not since this seems to be a recent thing. I think when BTC-e support replies "Fixed" they mean "fixed in 30 days, and oh hey thanks for the cash!"
colonelmustard

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:04:04 AM

Just to chime in here, I too am having this issue with BTC-e. Wired the money and they deposited it into my account. Was able to trade to LTC. Now unable to withdraw LTC. Already verified account with passport and bank statement. Should we just wait out the 30 day mark?

"Money hold. 42866 min left"

Nemesis

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:00:44 AM

It seems these days it is in vogue among "financial institutions" to solicit deposits of money and then hold it hostage subject to some onerous demands.

Hey scammer, are you gonna show your face to any btc meet?

I want to see your fat face in person.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:05:32 AM

Has anyone received a support ticket reply from BTC-e on this matter?  I haven't heard anything yet.  Got a lots of USD tied up.
yurtesen

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:34:58 AM

No, they are not replying to their support tickets. Lets hope they wont run away with the money.
antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:06:25 AM

I've just had my account validated, and the money hold was lifted off.

There was no notice, just a message from the support "We unhold soon". After a couple of days I made a withdrawal attempt and it worked.

After all I've seen, BTC-e seems like a legitimate exchange, albeit slower than a cramped snail.

dolphin101

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

I've just had my account validated, and the money hold was lifted off.

There was no notice, just a message from the support "We unhold soon". After a couple of days I made a withdrawal attempt and it worked.

After all I've seen, BTC-e seems like a legitimate exchange, albeit slower than a cramped snail.

How long was your account kept on hold for?
antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 03:42:33 PM

Ten days.

dolphin101

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:49:09 PM

Ten days.

Hmm. 7th day for me (since USD credited; 15th days since first upload of ID docs). 7th trouble ticket. 4th time I've uploaded my documents. First time they asked me (in a response to a trouble ticket request) to provide my full name AGAIN in addition to the documents - although I used it to register on the ticketing system.. and it is of course on the ID documents.. and it was of course supplied as part of my initial document upload 2 weeks ago..

I've asked for an explanation about 15 times, but never any response other than the canned "Hello, it's actually difficult to understand what's the problem, could you describe it in detail + screenshots" or the one about the bank needing the ID docs.

I decided to go with BTC-e this time because the process with Mt.Gox seemed slow last time. But that was at least done in a day or so. This really makes me want to scream.

Guess it will have to be bitstamp next time. Can't wait for coinfloor to actually get going.
Cubic Earth
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:16:36 PM

Well it's encouraging they are releasing some holds.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I still have 33,000 minutes to go and over $10k in fiat tied up.
dolphin101

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:58:50 PM

Yay, only 8 days for me to get "out of jail" at last!
But it still took about 6 hours after getting the first "we unhold soon" message
yurtesen

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:40:56 AM

I have uploaded the documents right away when I saw the message. I have been waiting for 7 days so far and they didnt reply yet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: