Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:28:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KRAKEN down for 24 hours!! Worst exchange ever for me...  (Read 1016 times)
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:59:37 PM

KRAKEN is down for almost 24 hours. I have accounts in different exchanges and so far this is the longest down time for any exchange I have ever seen.

To make things worse, their update is soooo cynical!  "We are close but rather than launch immediately ahead of the team passing out, we will push off a bit to get some rest "

We users are anxiously waiting and you guys are taking rest?? huh!!   I sent them a support ticket 3 months ago and till now no reply!!   Now this down time...

I will take my money out as soon as it comes back online.  But I highly suspect, they will disable withdrawing money after they are online! because they know deep down there are hundreds of more users like me who will leave this crappy exchange as soon as possible!!  Huh Huh

Yes I am also pissed at Kraken, What the hell are they doing why they just don't udpdate the servers they have a lot of money from the fees and everything this is really not right. I know some friends, their funds are there and they have a lot of money Sad

Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:02:27 PM

As of Binance exchange is growing like crazy and i never seen this much growth in any exchange recently. And this is because of their improved infrastructure and UI attracting more and more But already established exchanges like Kraken, Bittrex are not at all trying attract consumers now and they are not giving proper reply to customers and delisting potential coins losing customers trust on them continuously

btcwish1 (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:05:00 PM

How can an established exchange decides to do such a long maintenance in the middle of the week!! At least they could send a courtesy email to user and do the maintenance in the weekend like any other company..

look at their mainatnce page message... so silly.. so shi**y...  Lips sealed
btcwish1 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:27:05 PM

Maybe OT: really Roger Ver own Kraken?

Ask Roger Ver what’s going on. He owns Kraken.com. Maybe he’s converting everyone’s bitcoin to bitcoin cash. As soon as the conversion is complete Kraken will open back up and you will all only see bitcoin cash in your accounts. LOL

Yep, he was the very first investor in Kraken and owns the domain name Kraken.com.

I wish I knew this before!!  I would never ever use anything that has connection with 'Roger var'
JammyJimmy69

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:30:26 PM

I've been hearing that the FBI and SEC are now investing Kraken as a big "inside-job" has happened during the update and all user funds have disappeared. This will be even bigger than the demise of Mt Gox.

Guys.... You should begin to accept that everything you have on Kraken has been lost and cannot be recovered as they even forgot to lock funds and even take blockchain snapshots.

In the unlikely event of Kraken ever coming online again, there will be a lot of panic withdrawals as nobody will ever trust them again. Kraken now face collapse regardless.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:42:05 PM

I've been hearing that the FBI and SEC are now investing Kraken as a big "inside-job" has happened during the update and all user funds have disappeared. This will be even bigger than the demise of Mt Gox.

Guys.... You should begin to accept that everything you have on Kraken has been lost and cannot be recovered as they even forgot to lock funds and even take blockchain snapshots.

In the unlikely event of Kraken ever coming online again, there will be a lot of panic withdrawals as nobody will ever trust them again. Kraken now face collapse regardless.

Source?

TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

People dont realize these exchanges have millions of members, if everyone contacts there support they will have a million messages. 24 hours is not a big deal, they have a lot of work keeping the maintenance high. I wouldn't worry about it.

Positivebetting
btcwish1 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:05:54 PM

People dont realize these exchanges have millions of members, if everyone contacts there support they will have a million messages. 24 hours is not a big deal, they have a lot of work keeping the maintenance high. I wouldn't worry about it.

"24 hours is not a big deal".. are you out of your mind??? For an exchange to go down without notice in the middle of week for even couple of hours IS A VERY BIG DEAL, let alone 24 hours!!!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

"24 hours is not a big deal".. are you out of your mind??? For an exchange to go down without notice in the middle of week for even couple of hours IS A VERY BIG DEAL, let alone 24 hours!!!

Correct, I can’t believe anyone thinks 24 hours isn’t a problem.

Think of it this way. If you had rent to pay and you went to your bank to withdraw money Monday morning and they were closed for housekeeping would you be pissed off? Would you pay a late fee for not paying your rent on time?

If bitcoiners want btc to compete with the big boys then bitcoin needs to wipe its ass without help, stop peeing the bed and become a big boy.

hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:27:02 PM

I am lucky that I have withdrawal my funds from Kraken account last week and I knew that are some issues going on with Kraken from past few months. It's not the first time happened with Kraken. Even some few months back there were payout and registration errors happen and I was one among those Traders whose fund withdrawal requested was processed after tons of request and that it took me more than ten to twelve days of time. Eventhoug I was having only $200, but what to do if there any emergency? That's the reason I Maintain different trading accounts with other exchanges too. kraken was a nightmare for myself and till than I avoid Kraken for trading purposes

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:33:31 PM

Kraken and Poloniex are GARBAGE exchanges. Kraken had problems in the past with payouts and also screwed people over when marginal trading went down the gutter a few years back. Polo's support is HORRIBLE. But 90% of exchanges suck.

You have very bad experience i think about exchanger because you said that 90% suck.
However although we can not believe any exchange but we still need to use 1 of them to trade.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:35:35 PM

it's a crime tell something like that without a source! So, please, edit that message or give us some source.

"'i've been hearing"... come on...
kangjiasg

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

Exclusive Member

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:37:00 PM

The first time i see an exchange going down for a day?! Thats pretty aweful and surely many traders will avoid it right after this incident.

Taybrien79

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:39:20 PM

Luckily never had to deal with Kraken

Kraken and Poloniex are GARBAGE exchanges. Kraken had problems in the past with payouts and also screwed people over when marginal trading went down the gutter a few years back. Polo's support is HORRIBLE. But 90% of exchanges suck.

You have very bad experience i think about exchanger because you said that 90% suck.
However although we can not believe any exchange but we still need to use 1 of them to trade.

Agree.  Although competition leads to innovation, with such little overseas regulation, it makes it tough to weed through the "scam" exchanges.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:39:44 PM

24 hours is not a big deal, they have a lot of work keeping the maintenance high. I wouldn't worry about it.

Easy talking for someone who from the looks hasn't experienced any similar situations. I have experienced it with BTC-E that they remained offline, and that for quite a long period of time, where later turned out that this exchange was raided by the FBI. Of course I am not saying that this has happened to Kraken as well, but just to indicate that if you can't access thousands and thousands worth of crypto, you feel worried and frustrated. Sure, you can say that it isn't wise to leave funds on an exchange, but that's not of importance anymore right now. Kraken has been horrible with their reliability in the last weeks/months, and this is just a big f-you in the face of every user of that exchange.
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:55:31 PM

It's obvious that Kraken's users will now be leaving en masse after this latest scam fuck-up. They've been unreliable for many months and will never be trusted again. Even if they do come back online, which I doubt, they'll never cope with the massive amount of withdrawals and bail-outs. I'm so glad that less than 1% of my funds are on there. It goes to show... NEVER leave funds on an exchange are they are more dangerous than basic online wallets.
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:56:14 PM

The first time i see an exchange going down for a day?! Thats pretty aweful and surely many traders will avoid it right after this incident.
A day? It'll be at least a week and will shut down soon after.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:56:33 PM

Lets hope it comes back up soon.

Some of us remember MTGOX all too well...

MediChain

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 04:57:59 PM

Some times this happens only to protect our accounts from being hacked. So, don't hate, try to understand.
JammyJimmy69

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:01:23 PM

it's a crime tell something like that without a source! So, please, edit that message or give us some source.

"'i've been hearing"... come on...

What crime are you going to charge me with then? Don't worry, the collapse of Kraken will be all over the news by this weekend. BTW... a banking buddy in Seoul told me about the heist within Kraken. For obvious reasons, I'm not posting her name, but it'll all be made public by Monday. Apparently it was a disgruntled Kraken employee who was reprimanded for passing privileged information to another exchange in South Korea. Trust me.... real shit is happening right now!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: