Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:36:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING suspicious behavior with mtrlt  (Read 2329 times)
ReCat (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:28:15 PM

Hey guys.

I posted in mtrlt's new thread some facts about how long he has been working on the GPU miner, the money he has received, and what wage he would be earning at, all in a neutral wikipedia-esque "post the information and don't put your opinion" manner, yet it has all been deleted, including the mention of deletion. Now the thread is closed.

For your curiosity's sake, This is the post:

Fun Fact!

You have been working on this GPU miner for 3 weeks now. Provided you are working full time, which is considered to be, in the USA, 8 hours daily, you have been working with a wage of 51.1 USD/Hour, earning a current total of 75 BTC/8,588 USD. (Current Mt.Gox rate) https://blockchain.info/address/1FKfgFQeZCpjGDn7ocgj26nk4K2TNiVJyD

Daaaaamn.

I respect Mr. mtrlt, and I do not want to point fingers. But something is up when someone who has received nearly $10000 from donations in less than a month is deleting posts that reveal to the masses the information in a simple understandable manner.

Be careful guys. Legit guys can be legit for a long time, but once they got enough power even the best people can turn evil. I legitimately hope this is not the case, but if it is everyone must be informed.

~Re

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:29:37 PM

Be careful, you will get burned for posting this! Do not doubt the almighty miner-coder
ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:30:29 PM

I'm not doubting him. I am just pointing out facts without drawing any conclusions so that everyone is aware of the situation.

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:30:57 PM

he used the word donate so even if he doesn't finish the project nobody can get him a scammer tag

ReCat (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:36:07 PM

I think that if you ask for donations for a false cause, it qualifies as fraud.

zackclark70
Legendary

ADT developer

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:38:04 PM

I think that if you ask for donations for a false cause, it qualifies as fraud.

I think it would depend on the wording and the reason it wasn't completed

Sterling

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:48:16 PM

You have been working on this GPU miner for 3 weeks now. Provided you are working full time, which is considered to be, in the USA, 8 hours daily, you have been working with a wage of 51.1 USD/Hour, earning a current total of 75 BTC/8,588 USD. (Current Mt.Gox rate) https://blockchain.info/address/1FKfgFQeZCpjGDn7ocgj26nk4K2TNiVJyD

And that is how much a skilled programmer should be paid (before taxes).

There aren't many programmers around skilled enough to build a GPU miner. The donators buyers fully understand the risk involved.

As for speed estimates, it has been asked 100 times in his first thread, it's getting a little annoying. Believe me, if the GPU miner was fast, he'd be quick to post about it as it would boost donations sales.
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

Did you include the time he needed to learn all the stuff so he is able to create a miner?  (which he learned before he started working on xpm miner)

Oh, there we go.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 07:50:48 PM

$51/hr is sweatshop rate for a programmer.  Don't they normally make $100-150/hr?  There was a good reason he created a new thread.  So we all could stay on topic.  You just have to blow it for the rest of us...  Hope it was fun for you.

-tb-

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:16:01 PM

Hey guys.

I posted in mtrlt's new thread some facts about how long he has been working on the GPU miner, the money he has received, and what wage he would be earning at, all in a neutral wikipedia-esque "post the information and don't put your opinion" manner, yet it has all been deleted, including the mention of deletion. Now the thread is closed.

For your curiosity's sake, This is the post:

I respect Mr. mtrlt, and I do not want to point fingers. But something is up when someone who has received nearly $10000 from donations in less than a month is deleting posts that reveal to the masses the information in a simple understandable manner.

Be careful guys. Legit guys can be legit for a long time, but once they got enough power even the best people can turn evil. I legitimately hope this is not the case, but if it is everyone must be informed.

~Re
Boo freaking hoo.  You posted a troll comment and it got deleted, then you and another asswipe posted over and over again and he got sick of it and locked the thread to not have to deal with childishness from the likes of you and them. 

"I never said he was being overpaid"  Really?  You just happened to present it in a way that makes most people think he is?  And now you're even exaggerating the amount to make it look even more like he's overpaid?Huh?  You've even gone so far as to call his reputation into question, yet by your own words: "I'm not dishonest. I'm just bitter. I can't mine anymore, anyways. So it does not benefit me."

FFS, he closed one thread because it got hijacked by assholes and idiots and now, congrats, you forced him to lock another one for the same reason.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
gigawatt

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:18:41 PM

My bet: the new thread was quickly turning into the old thread.  So they locked it and will unlock it to post updates as required.

Lets be honest, there was no "discussion" going on in either of the threads.

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script
n01d3x

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:22:43 PM

He said he was working on it open source, so I don't get the per hour wage debate. Open source means he works for free. I'm sure he has a regular job, so I'm sure he's not putting in a 40 hour week on this. That would raise his per hour rate substantially. If we were to hire a programmer they wouldn't be able to just blow off deadlines. They would have to disclose their hours. So basically people who donated hired a programmer to work on a project if/when he feels like it, and release it whenever he gets around to it. With no recourse if he doesn't even complete it. I think $50 an hour is a steal for that kind of gig.
loucy

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Open source means he works for free.

Rubbish. You seem to have missed the as-in-speech-not-as-in-beer thing about free software.
n01d3x

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:43:12 PM

So if he didn't receive any donations he wouldn't have worked on
 it?
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

I thought mtrlt was a student who was doing this project in his spare time?

I'm not surprised your post got deleted when you act like a dick.

I don't know why you care so much anyway. If it wasn't already obvious, when the miner is released to the donators it's going to get leaked very quickly. So in all likelihood your 1 bitcoin really has turned out to be a donation in the true sense of the word.
n01d3x

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:06:47 PM

I don't see where he acted like a dick. I see it as he was trying look out for other members. He saw something he saw as shady and posted about it.
FiiNALiZE

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:03:54 PM

I thought mtrlt was a student who was doing this project in his spare time?

I'm not surprised your post got deleted when you act like a dick.

I don't know why you care so much anyway. If it wasn't already obvious, when the miner is released to the donators it's going to get leaked very quickly. So in all likelihood your 1 bitcoin really has turned out to be a donation in the true sense of the word.

I completely agree. Some of the smarter guys already figured that out (which is why they are trying to sell their early copy at a discount to recoup some of their losses).

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:03:01 AM

Grow up. As I remember in one of the earlier threads, there was already a lot of babbling about how much BTC he was making. Even if there wasn't any ill intent your post was pretty much adding fuel to the fire, so I can see why it got deleted. Just because he wants to keep his threads on-topic doesn't mean he is acting suspicious. That is the way I see things anyway, but thanks for the warning.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:09:29 AM

It wasn't a troll comment. It was actually an interesting comment that pointed out something that was obvious but also something not a lot of people would realize. Deleting the comment was childish at best. And if most people would think he's being overpaid, then he is probably being overpaid, especially when you consider that he's likely not working full time on it. He presented the information in a neutral fashion.
A neutral fashion? Bwahahahahaha.  Give me a break.  While 75 BTC is a drop in the bucket for a few people, it is lot of money to most and riches beyond belief for some.  Considering minimum wage is like $10/hr, posting about it being $51/hr "IF he worked full time on it" and the Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnn comment/picture makes it look very inflammatory to me.  Hell, I was an E-6 in the military and felt I was pretty well off making around $20 an hour when I retired 7 years ago.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

Of course greed will give birth to evil. Be careful once you invest into anything.

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀