Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin prices have decreased sharply  (Read 784 times)
zoelhack (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

whether the cause of this is happening, is it something to do with the decision of the south korea government?
MediChain

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 05:01:43 PM

It definitely affected the price somehow. But usually the reasons are more complex than a single announcement.
honeybites

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:06:01 PM

The fall in the market value of btc has nothing to do with the government of South Korea .It is normal for every market to have a fall in its market value after a rise it will not take much time for its value to go back to normal.
Bestprint

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:29:40 PM

There are much more reasons to the fall in price, south korea decision definitely affect to some extend. Investor panic in south korea may be another and those that are cashing out on profits.
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:36:17 PM

this can be influenced by some rules imposed by the government of a country this is causing many bitcoin holders who make a profit.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
OldWitch

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:42:22 PM

Probably because of VISA extinguished partnership with Wavecrest. The ones that know the news, they are up to date. But who don't know. Most people used those cards as a pay method for living expenses. So there is halt a bit.

That is my opinion, but you never know what happens next.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:42:47 PM

whether the cause of this is happening, is it something to do with the decision of the south korea government?
It's being somewhat affected by the SK gov't decision but I would not say that it is the cause of the depression in the market. If it was more serious then you'd likely also see the other altcoins seeing a dip and bringing themselves down as investors pull out. That's not happening, you can see the market is very polarised across the board and some things are up, others are down. I'm subscribing to the theory that this is the market slowing and compressing as the supply opens up and the demand begins to slow itself, since there is no great FOMO anymore.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

Yes that is the primary reason after the fact that we entered into new year. Whatever decision making process is going on in the Korea is getting he bitcoin community attention and out of the fear most of the Korean exchangers are not sure about the investment. Thus we are missing out major portion of the crypto investors. After this we also have seen the major rise in the bitcoin last year in December month. Then came in the Christmas and new year eve. These were the first factors for the bitcoin crash. In both of them people sold the bitcoin for the money purpose and that crashed the market too. And now in addition to that Korean drama is going on So lets hope that we get to see some bigger market soon.
Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 07:47:19 PM

Yes bitcoins prices have already decreased sharply. It is affected by the decision of government of south korea. Many investors are in trouble because they have to face now huge lose. There may be some other reasons also for the decrease in prices of bitcoins.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:49:13 PM

Nothing lasts forever, also in 2018 there is a considerable risk of collapse of the price of this cryptocurrency, which can be signaled by another disappearance of one of the Bitcoin specialties or a temporary drop in price, causing the willingness of hot investors to leave.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:58:28 PM

Several factors affect the cost reduction of bitcoin.  The main ones are: South Korea prohibits crypto-currencies, Microsoft stopped taking payments in bitcoin, recently a transfer commission has risen, which also makes such transactions inconvenient.
jasonmattson

Activity: 154
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:59:31 PM

yes bitcoins prices have already decreased but its not mean btc wont comeback .
if u chek the btc resistant support level u can understand it .
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:19:18 PM

I don't think so. Even though South Korea is one of the biggest users of Cryptocurrency but the government has not yet decided anything. It is just a rumour till date. No official notification has yet been released. I believe the the price is going down due to the scaling issue that bitcoin network is facing right now.

People are afraid of making small transactions due to the high fees and slow network. Also the frequent transactors are moving their crypto assets to other cheaper options. That is the reason which is hindering the bitcoin's growth I believe.

8270thNinja

Activity: 210

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:20:08 PM

The South Korean News really create FUD and we cannot do anything about that. There are lot of Weak Hodlers on Bitcoin community that might get easily swayed by the FUD news, That News is just for their own benefit and believe that they will not implement the ban on cryptocurrency/ban on trading , they should rather have an effective regulatory policies to cater the problem they are facing now and not to have a ban as their last resort.
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:25:31 PM

I think what happened in south korea definitely had an effect on the price of bitcoin. Now that south korea is not banning cryptocurrency, I'm hoping the price of bitcoin will go way up.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:34:23 PM

I think that a sharp decline in the rate of bitcoin in a short time is associated with problems at the crypto-exchange markets. Many crypto exchanges currently have problems with registering new users. In social networks, there are some rumors that soon registration will be paid, and this leads to problems in the exchange of crypto-currency among users. In addition, a significant drop in the cost of bitcoin is due to the introduction of a tax on the crypto-currency in the USA, which begins to operate from 2018 onwards.
Shinza

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:12:22 PM

I am not sure about this, but if so, you can still rest assured that the price will recover. Not long ago when the Chinese  ban btc, the price also decrease but then prices have risen again and the highest ever. Therefore, you should not be too worried, perhaps, the btc discount is just because people sell too much.

want0606

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:20:42 PM

IM worry . bitcoin is decreasing. Perhaps due to the influence of some countries banned bitcoin. I hope the value of bitcoin will soon return. There will be solutions to this difficult situation
unhashed

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 09:22:06 PM

It's likely due to multiple factors, including the South Korean news, other negative news stories, and recent surges in altcoins.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:37:50 PM

Maybe yes or not but who knows right. Bitcoin are still not going up and I think it will not  move higher this month. Altcoins showing some strenght and I do hope that bitcoin can sustain its power. Patient in the key right now for a brighter future, just believe on bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: