Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DollarPounds [DPS] Red Dwarf tribute currency.  (Read 14082 times)
jonoiv (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:11:44 AM

I want to update people as to what is happening regrading this coin.  I have been testing the coin an encountering numerous issues.  For that reason....

DPS will be relaunched.  and there will be a redemption program in place.  The method for redemption has not yet been chosen but keep your wallets safe, we will choose the best redemption option for all concerned.  At the moment I am hard working on the new coin...  but It will be based on better code this time as the underlying code base of the original coin was not without faults.

The new coin will be on the scificryptocoin exchange.  and I will aim to have it there for launch, but no promises.   Tongue

At the moment I would personally advise against mining this coin until the relaunch, but if you carry on that is your choice.  Current estimate for relaunch is 1 week. 

Signature for hire!
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:05:39 PM

Let's hope the relaunch will go smooth and no one will lose their coins..  Wink
breakbeater

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:29:45 AM

Any news regarding DPS relaunch Huh??
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 05:20:33 AM

Any news on the relaunch? Would it make it in time for scifi exchange launch?

Jonoiv, if you need help, you may consider talking to Dream, he solved the QT issue for Darsek.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:15:39 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 07:15:11 PM by jonoiv

Any news on the relaunch? Would it make it in time for scifi exchange launch?

Jonoiv, if you need help, you may consider talking to Dream, he solved the QT issue for Darsek.

Cool  Thanks for the words of advice and offer for help....  Smiley

I have decided to use Novacoin / Darsek as the source over worldcoin as Dreamwatcher has done most of the hard work already,  testing the source now.... I have the gen block, so next thing is cosmetic stuff and building windows clients Sad...   But It should be OK and ready in time.    

The relaunch is on target for Saturday,  I will have the code then.... /all going well/...  I will setup 3 solid nodes and my home mining rig! then launch.  

For those,  interested in redemptionI will make this easy as possible but it will be done manually so people will need to be patient,  Unclaimed coins after a period will either be destroyed, given to the foundation, or some given to the foundation and some to the scificryptocoin/hartlandpc wallets.   Cool  Not decided yet...!

DPS  will become DPZ   Wink

the ports are different...  
the Address starting letter will be 'R' not 'L' for Lister.... (that's 'R' for Red Dwarf not Rimmer)  But I still have time to change it to D for dollar-pounds.  
PoS will be different /as originally intended/
Changes to PoW block times and values will be changed, but the overall value of coins mined / total coins ratio and PoW reduction should balance overall...  as in... 30 million total coins will remain.

I will send the source to you guys at the exchange so you can build the headless node before the launch  / but please don't mine any until launch time.  Only 1 block will be premined which will contain the current balance of DPS for the redemtion. This block will be checkpointed at launch to avoid any instafork !

I will publish addnode later, and one node will be hard coded and will remain for at least 12 months.  

Signature for hire!
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

Any news regarding DPS relaunch Huh??

Saturday we should be ready,  but maybe Sunday.   I need to choose a time that is good for US and UK.   The weekend is the only fair time I can think of as most of us have jobs..

If you have a personal preference for the time of day in UTC/GMT for the re-launch please let me know... Smiley

Signature for hire!
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:38:22 PM

Very happy to hear this Smiley

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 06:57:15 PM

passed info on to pool host. I hope to have pool ready but not mining until after official launch time.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
bluestang

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:41:11 PM

Yippy!  Went from 50,000+ DPS down to 241 DPS after the update  Angry

Glad to see me mining to try and move the coin and chain along was worth it  Roll Eyes

So what about all the mining and staking I did for a week or so straight up until about the 24th of December?

Also, I even loss the mining I did in October...about 12.5k worth of DPS...WTF!?

Well, after being able to find time to do some fooling around, I deleted everything (again) and redownloaded the blockchain (again) and then ran repairwallet (again) and my initial 12.5k DPS finally came back...yay! Smiley

Time to wait for re-launch!!

Cryptsy Trade Key: 3d74ea28a32572a77c108116c46ba67a65834bfc
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 06:28:48 PM

Time to wait for re-launch!!

Waiting waiting..

mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:33:53 PM

More waiting

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:43:37 PM

hey,

how will this work, will i just send you my dps wallet.dat, and the money will be sent to my new DPZ wallet.  thanks for the hard work JOnoiv, been down with DPS since launch date.

j

BOYS FROM DWARF
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:19:22 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 01:34:20 PM by jonoiv

More waiting

Sorry guys Smiley

I am working hard, I promise Wink   like you all said best to get it right than rush it...  

The relaunch will be delayed as you may have guessed already.  I won't go into the technical stuff...  but I had made an error with the genesis block mining and asked for some help from dreamwatcher and now I'm back on track.  the code I needed was available on various coin sources on git, but I really didn't want to go copy n pasting, until I fully understood the code.  Dreamwatcher confirmed for me the code needed, I am so glad he was able to help Smiley

The delay, will push back the other work (windows client)....   I won't launch it without a windows client and as I have never cross compiled this coin, I  can't say the launch will be today. But I have 2 days holidays off work, so I can concentrate on this until it's ready....  I will be ready soon, but I underestimated the time needed.  

Just looking for a special nonce now Wink  A nonce in England is something completely different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonce_%28slang%29    Shocked

Signature for hire!
Piotrsama

Activity: 407

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:15:24 PM

Take all the time that is needed, better to have a relaunch with no issues than to rush and risk a mess.
Thanks for your work.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

Take all the time that is needed, better to have a relaunch with no issues than to rush and risk a mess.
Thanks for your work.

Agree take your time until you can hash that nonce just right.  Embarrassed

jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:03:27 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 12:15:00 PM by jonoiv

Red-Dwarf DollarPounds is no longer DPS but now DPZ  Cool

Block 1 is a superblock of 1.75 Million to cover the redemption.
to redeem old DPS coins for NEW DPZ coins, send your OLD wallet.dat to;
 redemption (at) dollarpounds.org
along with you NEW DPZ address.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v-yGBvWGMxWXQ1V3pTbnVmdEk/edit?usp=sharing
Source Code

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v-yGBvWGMxMHdGN2M0aUVsaFU/edit?usp=sharing
Windows Daemon (dollarpoundsd.exe)

There Is no windows-QT client yet but you are free to pool mine at http://jupiterminingco.com/  or solo mining compiling from source or using the dollarpoundsd.exe for windows.  details to follow soon....

DollarPounds DPZ will be on the scifi exchange from Monday Smiley 

Signature for hire!
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:30:48 PM

There will be some rejected blocks until the diff rises!   The diff will slowly rise with each block. 

Target is the same 1 Minute
10 Coins per block
30 Million total coins
43872  RPC MINING PORT   (space Corp Directive 43872)  'Suntans will be worn during off-duty hours only.'
34124  Default P2P port     (space Corp Directive 34124 ) 'No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity.'

Be the first to mine and trade these coins Smiley

Signature for hire!
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:34:34 PM

This coin is from a solid Novacoin base, not the broken Foocoin > Fehcoin base that many clones are based on.  There are no known bugs at present.   

Signature for hire!
jonoiv (OP)

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:52:59 PM

Thread for the new coin is here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431606.0

Signature for hire!
breakbeater

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:46:53 PM

Well, if there is no Win-QT how am i supposed to get NEW DPZ address?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: