Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:19:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss in trading  (Read 1815 times)
Nikkolodeon (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

I am a newbie, I just want to ask how exactly are you losing your money in trading? Can anybody explain how you lose your money in trading? Correct me if I'm wrong I just think that when you buy high but you sell it in low price I think you lose, right? What if you you buy it at a higher price then the price falls on the next days or week will you loss something? What if you'll just hold for it and wait for the price to bounce back? Thanks for your opinions! ☺️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brandeager

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:05:14 PM

I think everyone loss money  their beginning of trading life. Eventually by your experience you will get knowledge. If you buy high you have to hold the coin until price go high.It is my way, I never sell without any profit.

I have same experience that you have faced recently, but I am holding them . Because it is a good project.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:14:00 PM

Well you will only lose the money you put in trading if you sell it at a loss, meaning your purchased value is higher than your selling value. The only way you will earn is when you sold it at higher price. Also you won't lose anything even if the following day it gets a lower price as long as you don't sell it, you will only be incurring what it's called as a paper loss.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Mcfee lee

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:07:07 PM

Still i never loss in trading ..because I am not selling
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 05:35:35 PM

I am a newbie, I just want to ask how exactly are you losing your money in trading? Can anybody explain how you lose your money in trading? Correct me if I'm wrong I just think that when you buy high but you sell it in low price I think you lose, right? What if you you buy it at a higher price then the price falls on the next days or week will you loss something? What if you'll just hold for it and wait for the price to bounce back? Thanks for your opinions! ☺️

I assume you are got eaten by panic
management asset was important but when the coin you buy just got bloodbath, than you only need to clear your mind. forget about it, sell it at profit. forget to watchlist if its gotten worst.
and also, once you want to buy a coin, buy a half, dont buy all in.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
sumanto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:47:32 PM

loss in trading is reasonable because we only face three stages of profit, loss and stuck at a very high price, if you trade you should be able to choose where you want, and patience is important never to sell cheap or sell loss so you avoid loss.
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:03:15 PM

Loss in trade is inevitable which should be taken calmly. Simply do not need to opt for one coin and trade several. This will make it possible to reduce the risk of large losses.
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:09:33 PM

I think you should use the search bar on this forum to obtain the exact answers on your questions , since that topic is already exist here . so i think much better to do what i suggest to avoid spammers mate, or do some research in google maybe it can help you.
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:10:21 PM

when the trader buys a coin at a specific price and then he sells at the higher price than it's buying then its a profit for him otherwise if he wishes to sell the coins at price lower than its buying price its a loss for him. So being a trader you need to hold the coin if you are having the strong belief in it and having the guts and confidence to hold the coin even when the coin is trading below it buying price. Make a good strategy along with a proper money management plan in order to avoid loss.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:11:57 PM

If you bought coins at the top and then the coins price suddenly dip. And yes you are correction as well. If you hold and didn't do anything and then the price goes up then its not a loss on your end. You will always hear people saying that you buy low and sell high, because that's how people profits. No hanky panky. Simple strategy to follow.

That's why patience and frustrations are the worst enemy of a trader. If you don't have patience and always panic and always push the sell button, then trading is not meant for you.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
d3x

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:12:06 PM

It's only a loss if you sell at a lower price than you bought. If you don't sell and the price bounces back it is obviously no loss.

1. Never chase green candles or buy ATH. Instead try to buy the dip
2. Don't panic sell when there is a small retracement.
sdjmlsdjgqkjgqmljg

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:16:48 PM

most people lose because they sell, so don't sell if you don't want to lose. Tongue
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

Its all about holding the coin even when the price is down. When it is down, do not panic and sell off.
That is the mistake most traders make and it devastating with so much loss.
As a newbie, I made the same mistake by selling off immediately the price goes low and I have really loss much of my profit. Don't make the same mistakes I have made.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:48:48 PM

You don't lose money until you didn't close the order  Wink I never sell with losses, I'm waiting till the coin goes up and gives me profit. Sometimes I have to wait a couple of months , but it works. I advise you to follow this strategy of course in case if the project is not scam for 100%.

rgarciavega

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

I always lost that I wanted to guess floors when the price was in free fall
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:04:20 PM

The trading principle is buy when the price of bitcoin reaches low value and sell the holding bitcoin when the price of bitcoin reaches a new moon /peak.If you had loss some money in trading means, it will teach you how to do trade with respect to price.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:15:10 PM

Still i never loss in trading ..because I am not selling

That's HODL'ing then :-D Of course i'm not saying that you should sell when price is crashing... but if you have bought altcoins at small price and now they're at higher you should sell imo. I mean everyone should think when they will sell, unless you have bitcoins... I don't think that it is a bad idea to never sell bitcoins. It is better to use them, spending>selling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
AllCoinHunter

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:31:58 PM

I think you should know first what token you hold this will be valuable or not in the future. how to do? You should seek information about the project and from some places, for example one of its samples from a telegram group. because in the issue for the token price of a project will be discussed in the group devised by the dev project. that is my way of trading and I always look for information in telegram group.
BTFO

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:35:55 PM

If you never sell you are not taking a loss but you are also not trading. You are HODLING. 
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

when you buy any coin and price dumped , then you sell that coin , that is called panic sale , and you bear loss bcoz you sold it .

so compare the charts and buy only at time when you think price is at safe level .. and if this speculation goes wrong then hold that coin unless you get some profit .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: