Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stocks Exchange, the great scam  (Read 14693 times)
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:58:55 PM

if you are talking about https://stocks.exchange then it dont seems like a scam .
however they charge huge deposit fee for most of tokens .. worst part .
also many time even after 50 confirmations tokens get not deposited . it takes lot of time for normal deposits .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptochondriasis

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:30:06 AM

I was tempted to open an account there days ago because one token listed there has a price more convenient for me, but now I think I will wait to see how the problems outlined in this thread will evolve.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:13:03 PM

I was tempted to open an account there days ago because one token listed there has a price more convenient for me, but now I think I will wait to see how the problems outlined in this thread will evolve.

They are fine, sometimes it takes time for transactions but that happens on any exchange. I mean I don't know if they are going to ever scam or not, I wouldn't put more than 5-10% of my money on their hands.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:57:30 PM

They are fine, sometimes it takes time for transactions but that happens on any exchange. I mean I don't know if they are going to ever scam or not, I wouldn't put more than 5-10% of my money on their hands.
You are right, we just need to be careful with what we are investing at especially in exchange, we just need to be vigilant with what kind of exchange, there were exchange that are good but there were also not, so it is up to us, let us just know first by asking people, reading views about that certain exchange.
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:56:45 PM

I said id before and i stand with my statement, stocks.exchange is not a scam, yes withdrawal fees are big for BTC so i tend to sell it for LTC and withdraw it instead of BTC a lot cheaper
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:19:37 PM

For me the jury is still out.  

I transferred about $1000 in Bitcoin there, traded for one of the smaller coins that they list (ORE) and attempted to withdrawal.  The email confirmation never arrived so I couldn't withdrawal.  I tried many, many more times after that.  That same day I opened a ticket. No response. I sent an email, no response. I posted to Twitter begging them to fix their mail servers.

I thoroughly tested my own email address. I opened tickets with my email provider - they investigated - said no emails were sent from that exchange (except the one welcoming me.)

I wrote an email to them BEGGING to reply - and I actually received a reply!!!!  They asked me "did you open a ticket?"  I told them I did - yes, and then provided tons of information again asking them to please look into it - at least let me know if this is confined just to me - or not.  No response.   I have updated my ticket many times - tried many more times - sent other emails ...  I asked them on Twitter to at least post 1) How many support tickets are in their backlog and 2) How many they seem to be clearing a day. That would at least help some of us who are waiting to understand how long we might wait.

But ..No response.  My coins still sit there.  It has been a week.  My biggest complaint right now is the lack of communication. If they could just write back or update my ticket with a response like "Hey, working on it - sorry, underwater .."  Whatever.

So, I'm not ready to call them a scam because that would indicate that I don't believe I will get my property back.  Maybe I will. I continue to hold out hope.  But I can say that it is very, very disappointing.  And I definitely DO NOT recommend using this exchange in its present state.

crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:26:53 PM

We can't easily say that exchanges are a scam simply because you incur a problem we must understand the volume of transaction per minute but yeah we must very careful when putting your hard earn money. Personally, I believe the exchanges are not a scam and will never be but still hope for a better services and lower fees in the future.
Astargath

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:07:22 AM

For me the jury is still out.  

I transferred about $1000 in Bitcoin there, traded for one of the smaller coins that they list (ORE) and attempted to withdrawal.  The email confirmation never arrived so I couldn't withdrawal.  I tried many, many more times after that.  That same day I opened a ticket. No response. I sent an email, no response. I posted to Twitter begging them to fix their mail servers.

I thoroughly tested my own email address. I opened tickets with my email provider - they investigated - said no emails were sent from that exchange (except the one welcoming me.)

I wrote an email to them BEGGING to reply - and I actually received a reply!!!!  They asked me "did you open a ticket?"  I told them I did - yes, and then provided tons of information again asking them to please look into it - at least let me know if this is confined just to me - or not.  No response.   I have updated my ticket many times - tried many more times - sent other emails ...  I asked them on Twitter to at least post 1) How many support tickets are in their backlog and 2) How many they seem to be clearing a day. That would at least help some of us who are waiting to understand how long we might wait.

But ..No response.  My coins still sit there.  It has been a week.  My biggest complaint right now is the lack of communication. If they could just write back or update my ticket with a response like "Hey, working on it - sorry, underwater .."  Whatever.

So, I'm not ready to call them a scam because that would indicate that I don't believe I will get my property back.  Maybe I will. I continue to hold out hope.  But I can say that it is very, very disappointing.  And I definitely DO NOT recommend using this exchange in its present state.

Weird because I have opened around 3-4 tickets and they were all answered within a day.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Astargath

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:30:03 PM

7+ hours already waiting for getting my BTC on stocks.exchange, support team not answering me, total ignorance.

https://blockchain.info/address/1PYCF5SeV5v9y7KjsbLg6mqHm1Q9LuUsVY the transactions, as you see my wallet is "1PYCF5SeV5v9y7KjsbLg6mqHm1Q9LuUsVY", but then, money was sent to some other place, and, all this, without getting the BTC on stocks.change website, look screenshots with history -

7 hours isn't even that much for support to answer you. All the other exchanges take days or even weeks to respond. Your btc is safe, just chill.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Ravec

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:36:30 PM

0.25 Bitcoin mysteriously disappeared from my Stocks.exchange account today, I wrote them a ticket so let's wait and see what they say.

Here are the pictures, see for yourselves. Am I being incredibly stupid and overlooking something, or did some bitcoin actually just up and vanish?

https://i.imgur.com/llDHPEI.png
https://i.imgur.com/cJHKKv5.png
https://i.imgur.com/CusXCcS.png
https://i.imgur.com/eW39fhS.png

I would suggest people to get your funds out of this exchange ASAP, use it to make quick trades only and even then only if you have no other choice.
Ravec

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:45:45 PM

Money got taken by an admin and filed as "admin deposit" in my history.

https://imgur.com/OIun34H
nutsnax

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:34:09 PM

What I find hilarious is that you're asking for a taxpayer-funded government law enforcement to come in and use taxpayer dollars to retrieve your stolen/missing crypto upon which you probably would never have paid taxes anyway?

You shouldn't have trusted stocks.exchange to begin with. At minimum they just have bad technical problems and are trying to find their asses with both hands and a roadmap.... and at worst they're out-right thieves. Either way, with newer exchanges you NEVER ***EVER*** deposit any kind of real money into it.... and if you have to unload a bunch of money

DO IT IN SMALL INCREMENTS.

Hopefully lesson learned... A) don't expect anything out of your government, B) don't trust Stocks.Exchange until they demonstrate they can be trusted both technically and ethically and C) if you have to use Stocks.exchange then trade crypto in small amounts and get it the hell out of there ASAP.

Why go to the FBI? Isn't the stock market regulated by a specific govt body? Are you talking about a specific broker?

Because i cannot tweet the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network #FinCEN but you can #FinCEN, stocks.exchange will appear soon on tweeter with the #FinCEN

I tweeted just for the beginning.

Scamming people still a crime dude. No one at the FBI is giving a single fk if it's regulated or not olol

they gonna learn who im
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:20:25 PM

EDIT: Ok so i found a way to get my money but no answer to my ticket probably because they are too busy but an official announcement on the website about the current progress should be fine..

I think the exchange have a lot of network problem so i don't think it's a scam but we must see in the next days.

I don't know if it was a scam but on my experience they have my longest delays and having the highest transaction fees. For like I sell about 0.1 ETH and I have to pay 0.1 ETH just to withdraw my balance, Hilarious.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Astargath

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:33:01 AM

Can you lock this thread? You said it yourself that they aren't a scam and haven't scammed you. Now people are just posting their own problems which most of the time are their fault.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
BoBBaumeister

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:14:13 PM

Yep better close that
meo7

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 06:18:05 AM

This exchange wannabe site is a pure scam and they are extremely good at it. Just look at the posts. They started their
bad behaviours long time ago but people still aren't convinced that they are scams. That's because they're clever and
pick and choose one of us every day. One today, another one tomorrow and so on. Beside that they have an army of fake
accounts that write here on their behalf. I am one of the latest victim of this scam exchange.
I sent some BTC to my stocks-exchange account and bought some LCE coins. Everything went smoothly with no incidents. After that the price of LCE went up a bit and i decided to sell my coins. I put an Sell order and after couple of days when i logged in my account, surprise surprise!!! They cancelled my LCE/BTC order, opened new sell order on the lowest price available. Sold my LCE coins, with those BTC they bought USDT. After another few buy and sell orders they bought NEXO coin (i never heard of them before) and finally they wasted all my coins. They put those fake orders in such way to dry up my BTC. When i opened one ticket they told me that i have to read their FAQ, like there is any paragraph that give the the right to interfere with clients account and make unauthorized Trades!!! After that they say that i may used a Trading Robot and that put the orders on my behalf! Can you believe that? After that they say i may given my login details to someone else and he/she made the trades in my account! People, i can't believe myself how someone can go to such a low moral just for some few miserable satoshi. I did not lost an hand here or any huge sum of money, it was around $260 but my problem is that i damn hate scammers. I warn you all, everyone is reading this post, stay away from this wannabe Exchange. Like you see in the posts in this discussion board, they're picky, meaning that today they pick one, tomorrow they pick another one. Sometime they delay your withdraw for their benefit they cancel a trade here and there, they make some fake trades in your account and waste your coins in their benefit. They do that in a such way that people can't call the right scam strait away. And after your turn come and mess with your account they tell you simple in your face. PROVE IT! I have all the screen shots with all my orders, the order they cancelled, the fake orders they opened, the screenshots and links with my deposits but they say that i intentionally made the orders, i lost my coins and now blame them. Well, i make orders to lose all my coins! I am blind. I am an idiot? I sell my coins for nothing and then blame someone else, WHAT THE HECK OF MENTALITY IS THAT?!!! I say again, stay away from this strange exchange, you may be OK for now but tomorrow you will be next!
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:08:20 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 10:10:47 AM by cryptonitro

Can you lock this thread? You said it yourself that they aren't a scam and haven't scammed you. Now people are just posting their own problems which most of the time are their fault.

our fault ? when you withdraw a small amount for test , and it work perfectly and then had bigger amount , then it return an error withtout getting back to your wallet ? , then i tried again a small amount and it work !!! so this is not a wallet error Huh

i hope i 'm wrong ... but i feel scammed right now
i suggest to everytime withdraw small amount , not only for test Cry

i see that on there faq/support ...

Withdrawals

If you see "withdrawal error" while withdrawal process, please, firstly, check your withdrawal address. Please, do not create ticket as we check and cancel each not processed withdrawal. Your coins will be sent back to your wallet.

edit : hope it s the case, i got an answer from support 1h15 after my ask , so we could say they answering fast , say devs will check it and when cancel appear , coins would be back to my balance , wait and see

edit 2 : my problem have been solved with 3~4 hours , dev cancel the withdraw error , and coins are back . my heart start go better ...  will now withdraw small amount by small amount

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:34:13 AM

EDIT: Ok so i found a way to get my money but no answer to my ticket probably because they are too busy but an official announcement on the website about the current progress should be fine..

I think the exchange have a lot of network problem so i don't think it's a scam but we must see in the next days.

I think there are too many transactions happening at the same time, so your money has been kept somewhere. Be patient and wait for your money back. I think your case is not a scam and you should be optimistic.
I had a defective transaction and 32 days later my money returned. Cheesy

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:39:01 AM

I dont know which exchange you talking about? I was since 2 years in crypto trading and used many different exchange and until now i dont have any problem with deposit and withdrawal in those all exchange. Now there are many new exchange, and important to looking for review of them before send money, and important to try to make small deposit first and withdraw back to test all work find.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:47:00 PM

I think the stocks exchange are not great scams since the government has a strictly compliance in that particular transactions because it was supported duly by the documents that can helps to protect the investors.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: