Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:04:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you verify if a bitcoin is real?  (Read 1074 times)
Zeque02

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:48:46 PM

Bitcoin is real and unreal, expressed in quantity through a Blockchain that is conventionally right, its value depends on the trust, the trend and the investor.

For me,  the things we need to do in order to verify if bitcoin is real if you have friends that joins or using bitcoin. It is a big impact to believed knoqing your friend have or using it. Next is popularity,  if it is known and the most trending topic in social media then for sure it is real. Trusting is one of the important thing to have in investing in crypto currency world.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wave1002012

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

Bitcoin is real and unreal, expressed in quantity through a Blockchain that is conventionally right, its value depends on the trust, the trend and the investor.

for me its hard to verify  because mostly transactions are real, for you to be safe you should invest your crypto in valid crypto sites
nurulbd

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:31:01 PM

Come to point is that you don't encrypt anything with public key cryptography in Bitcoin, it is used only for signing instead. (encrypting the hash is a signature)
When you send bitcoins you sign a transaction which says which public key (address) will be able to send these coins in the future.
This transaction is then validated by the entire network and miner's add it into a block. If miner's add an invalid transaction into a block, their block will be considered invalid by the bitcoin.
GabrielBrandon

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:12:44 AM

Yes, there are a lot of ways in this purpose and you just need to choose the suitable way for yourself.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:44:38 AM

"But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key?" receiving bitcoin in your wallet is the authenticity of what your decrypt with your private key. Unlike Email where you see letters after decryption, with bitcoins, you see the balance in your wallet.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:55:51 AM

I think there is no such thing as fake Bitcoin. I've read some news that it takes a billion dollars to create a fake Bitcoin. So no need to worry about getting the fake one. The risk of the loss of your Bitcoin is when you gave the wrong address. Sending Bitcoin using blockchain is immutable. So all transactions that have submitted are not cancellable. So make sure that you are entering the right address and please do keep your private keys safely.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:38:44 AM

The point is that you do not encrypt anything with public key cryptography in bitcoin, just for signing only. When you send bitcoins, you sign a transaction that says which public key (address) can send these coins in the future, this transaction then validated by the entire network and the miner adds it into the block.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:46:24 AM

There are fake bitcoins, in the real world we call it "play money" well in ghe cryptoworld there are what we call "scams and fake crypto". For example, there are numerous fke mining apps and fake faucets, in fake mining apps people are deceived in their smartphones thinking that they actually earn but they are just really wasting their time, they tried to withdraw it then it ended up being a senseless piece of crap application that wasted your time, and I think in the crypto world this may be our "play money" but without us noticing it is fake.
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:42:08 AM

Well, a strange question you could think of dude. As far as I know, bitcoin can't be transmitted outside the blockchain.
and its hard to verify  because mostly transactions are real, for you to be safe you should invest your crypto in valid crypto sites Grin
FADI1

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:02:50 PM

I think the answer to that is pretty simple you can only transfer(either selling or buying) bitcoin through blockchain and since blockchain is so secure and imune to hacking you would be safe if you use it.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:12:58 PM

check it with https://blockchain.info
GilbertQuintanilla

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:26:27 AM

It is very simple you just need to bye bitcoin through a well known broker.
Ricche

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:12:48 PM

Why you are thinking that Bitcoin is fake? Lots of people already involved in it. And they can't make the wrong decision you know. In order to invest in other projects you should research and know about them well. Now a days there have some good ICO projects like- SciDex, Etherdum, PTC, BTC you can also try for them as well.
kamengbate553

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:24:32 PM

This is a great opportunity for people who just entered the Cryptocurrency Market like me. The bottom line is that we do not encrypt anything with public key cryptography in Bitcoin, it's only used to sign it ... but we send bitcoins and sign transactions that say which public key will be able to send these coins in the future, but for later transactions validated by the whole network and miners add it into the block. If the miners add invalid transactions into blocks, their blocks will be considered invalid by other networks and other miners will ignore their blocks because nothing has ever happened.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:46:51 PM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Thank you for your time and patience with my lack of understanding!

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

if you really wabt to verify it search pr find some reviews or experience about people who invest bitcoins and what happened to them if the are satisfied or not

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
arjanenako

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

Bitcoin is proven and tested when it comes to ligitimacy. The real question is How can we be sure if the Website is Legit or not?
normanderecho

Activity: 460

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:06:29 AM

Bitcoin is proven and tested when it comes to ligitimacy. The real question is How can we be sure if the Website is Legit or not?

I can verify that though investing people and we know many people investing bitcoin become rich so in that way we can say bitcoin is verify that can help and true.bitcoin is popular now so that many people trust it and like it.

Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:43:59 AM

Bitcoin is a type of digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds. We can withdraw the money from banks. Many people are having savings with bitcoin. So there's no need to worry about. Bitcoin is real.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:49:11 AM

Hi there StaffsLebowski! So you are telling that someone has sent you a public key and want to verify if it contains bitcoin? I that is the case then you can use blockchain to search the given address. You could see where the balance of that public key, it could also show the transaction to and from that address. But you need the private key to retrieved that bitcoin. You will use any wallet address and add there the public and private address. By then you can move the bitcoin on that address.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:56:03 AM

I can verify that though investing people and we know many people investing bitcoin become rich so in that way we can say bitcoin is verify that can help and true.bitcoin is popular now so that many people trust it and like it.

investing is not a safe way to verify if the crypto or any other types of investments are real. most scam imvestments are only paying at first but they will soon stop paying because they will turned into scam.

But in the case of bitcoin , bitcoin is already proven to be safe and legit because it has been already existed for many years . However there is only a risk that your invested capital can go down due to its volatility.

If you receive it in your wallet and it has confirmations (at least 3 to be safe) it's your and real.

Lol. That is literally a real way of confirming a bitcoin. haha xd.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: