Bitcoin Forum
January 24, 2019, 03:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you verify if a bitcoin is real?  (Read 733 times)
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:46:51 PM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle!. I'm trying to get familiar with crypto currency and understand 'how it works'. I've reached a block and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a particular point.

I understand the process of using public and private keys, back from the time when Phil Zimmermann created PGP. PGP allowed a user to encrypt a file, eg: an email/file (technically, just a bunch of ones and zeros) so that when the other user decrypted the file, they would see the words/file again. Or, to phrase it another way, the encryption was just a 'wrapper' for the content - ie, the words in my email or the file I sent.

Now, if someone sent me a bitcoin, how would I know what I was looking at? With an encrypted email, once decrypted I would be able to see something (text/file) and realise that I had actually received something. But, if someone sent me a bitcoin, what would I be looking at when I decrypted with my private key? A file filled with ones and zeros? Or maybe a simple text file with words inside saying, "Hey, this is 1 bitcoin!"

Can someone shed some light on what it I actually receive when I purchase a bitcoin and how I can verify that what I have 'in my hands', is actually a bitcoin and not just a bunch of ones and zeros? I understand that the blockchain is supposed to verify what is what but, what if I wanted to pass my bitcoin directly to you without the blockchain. Again, how would I know, what I received - was a bitcoin?

Thank you for your time and patience with my lack of understanding!

Regards,

Staffs Lebowski..

if you really wabt to verify it search pr find some reviews or experience about people who invest bitcoins and what happened to them if the are satisfied or not

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
arjanenako

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:50:40 PM

Bitcoin is proven and tested when it comes to ligitimacy. The real question is How can we be sure if the Website is Legit or not?
normanderecho

Activity: 312
Merit: 100

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:06:29 AM

Bitcoin is proven and tested when it comes to ligitimacy. The real question is How can we be sure if the Website is Legit or not?

I can verify that though investing people and we know many people investing bitcoin become rich so in that way we can say bitcoin is verify that can help and true.bitcoin is popular now so that many people trust it and like it.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1055

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:15:05 AM

If you receive it in your wallet and it has confirmations (at least 3 to be safe) it's your and real.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:43:59 AM

Bitcoin is a type of digital currency in which encryption techniques are used to regulate the generation of units of currency and verify the transfer of funds. We can withdraw the money from banks. Many people are having savings with bitcoin. So there's no need to worry about. Bitcoin is real.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
markleal

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:49:11 AM

Hi there StaffsLebowski! So you are telling that someone has sent you a public key and want to verify if it contains bitcoin? I that is the case then you can use blockchain to search the given address. You could see where the balance of that public key, it could also show the transaction to and from that address. But you need the private key to retrieved that bitcoin. You will use any wallet address and add there the public and private address. By then you can move the bitcoin on that address.
shesheboy

Activity: 546
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:56:03 AM

I can verify that though investing people and we know many people investing bitcoin become rich so in that way we can say bitcoin is verify that can help and true.bitcoin is popular now so that many people trust it and like it.

investing is not a safe way to verify if the crypto or any other types of investments are real. most scam imvestments are only paying at first but they will soon stop paying because they will turned into scam.

But in the case of bitcoin , bitcoin is already proven to be safe and legit because it has been already existed for many years . However there is only a risk that your invested capital can go down due to its volatility.

If you receive it in your wallet and it has confirmations (at least 3 to be safe) it's your and real.

Lol. That is literally a real way of confirming a bitcoin. haha xd.

julielyn

Activity: 191

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:02:36 AM

Buy bitcoins from a reknown broker. Look up for some references around the broker. Depending on the country you might have differnent brokers.

I verify bitcoin is real by checking to the website i see that bitcoin is real and i my self i try that i widrow money in bitcoin i believe in my self and im sure that bitcoin is real im happy that i join bitcoin i love bitcoin.
jenilyn

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:10:13 AM

I verify if bitcoin is real by searching in internet and ask some people about it. When I first try I ask it to my friend how to do it and if it is real.
fuer44

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:20:23 AM

blockchain is a technology above bitcoin, the term is a ledger that records all bitcoin transaction activity. if you have already made a verified wallet, if there is a bitcoin in or you send bitcoin, there must be a notification. but yes, bitcoin is digital, there is no physical form but you can see it. especially you can see in the market, and also your wallet.

▄█████▄
                      ███████
                      ███████▓▄
                     ▄█▓▀     ▀█▓▄
                    ▄█▓▀        ▀█▓▄
                   ▄█▓▀           ███████▄
               ▄██████   ██████▄   ████████ 
              ████████   ███████   ▀█████▀             
              ▀███████   ███████
                  ▀█▓▄    █▓   █▓
                     ▀█▓▄ █▓     █▓▄█████▄
             ▄██████    ██████▄  █████████
            ████████    ███████    ██████▀
            ▀███████    ▀█████▀ ▄█▓▀
                   ▀█▓▄        ▄█▓▀
                      ████████▓▀
                      ████████
                      ▀██████▀

▄██▄▄               ▄▄▄▄                  ███   
        ▄██▀  ▀██▄         ▄▄████████   ██████       ███   
     ▄██▀        ▀██      ▄██       ███ ███  ███     ███   
     ███                 ▄██            ███   ███    ███   
     ███                ▄██             ███     ███  ███   
     ███                ███             ███       ██████   
     ███████████████    ██████████████  ███                 
  customcontract.network

campingSider

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:11:35 PM

Like in real life, your wallet must be secured. Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to be in control of your money.
Alan Carey

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:12:40 AM

you may want to rephrase your question because it isn’t very clear what you’re asking.
why it’s not clear? because once an address belongs to a wallet, it will forever belong to that wallet, so “used to” is not a tense that applies
that aside, the only way an address can be verified as belonging to a wallet (which is really a private key) is by having access to the private key
Samuel Fields

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:15:42 AM

If you meant to ask whether an address has been previously used or not, then you only need to check the transaction history even if it currently has zero balance.

I am not sure whether there is a way to trace when a bitcoin address was last opened via its private key, but if there is a way then that would help you verify the address.
Donald Johnston

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:16:48 AM

You can verify that address in Blockchain Explorer like Blockchain.info.
After visiting Bitcoin Block Explorer - Blockchain website you can paste that wallet address and after that you are able to see How much balance have in that particular wallet.
julielyn

Activity: 191

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

Enter your Bitcoin address (the one you were paid into) into a public blockchain browser such as https://blockchain.info/. That will show you the relevant entries in the global shared Bitcoin ledger, which confirms that you, as the holder of the private key for that address, are the owner of those funds.

You go to their site so you can verify that bitcoin is real all about bitcoin you read there you will know that bitcoin is real I am sure that I am myself that bitcoin is real really because in 2 months only bitcoin is turned when I cash out more than 10k it fun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.