Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:21:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alts are Bleeding What To Do?  (Read 4199 times)
natasha-lev

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:41:22 PM

Make a cup of coffee and relax. Investing in crypto is risky and stressful,  so just you need to find more positive things in your life.  Crypto is not the end of the life :-)
Qrivium

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:42:10 PM

are people using USDT to park some of their profits?   How does it work.  If you sell ETH and get USDT can the USDT go down from what you bought in at?  I don't think so but want to check with prople using it.  
KellyCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

Make a cup of coffee and relax. Investing in crypto is risky and stressful,  so just you need to find more positive things in your life.  Crypto is not the end of the life :-)

Cheesy Good Advice. It can be stressful so maybe some tea instead of coffee?

http://www.experiencegunbot.com - Automate Crypto Trading
KellyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 06:44:54 PM

are people using USDT to park some of their profits?   How does it work.  If you sell ETH and get USDT can the USDT go down from what you bought in at?  I don't think so but want to check with prople using it.  

USDT is a cryptocurrency that is supposed to be 1:1 ratio to the US Dollar. I use this but I try not to hold much in USDT for too long as there has been rumors that they do not have the reserves necessary to keep this ratio so something bad can happen at anytime. If you will be parking large amounts of Fiat better to transfer and sell on a gateway such as coinbase for actual USD. This is much safer.

BobBoulder

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

If the project in which you are invested good then do not look at the daily oscillations but be patient.
Patience is the tool of success and so far it has proved that all those who were patient have profited.
fat buddah

Activity: 330
Merit: 102

Get Ready to Make money.

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:54:18 PM

They are not bleeding, in fact, i made more than 50% just by holding some cryptos today, i took advantage of the last dip and i made that amount of profit, easily.
You just need to use the opportunities, do not see everything as a bad thing.

LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

Currently the cryptocurrency market is going through a big correction (especially to those who have recently joined). We are seeing coins lose 30-50% of its value in a few days and everyone is panicking. These are the times that will define who will succeed in this market and who will fail. You have to keep your emotions in check and be confident that once you have done proper research in the coins you have invested in they will go up when the market rebounds. Corrections are inevitable and is needed for the overall market to grow. So if you are feeling overwhelmed by the drastic decline in your portfolios just take a few days off and enjoy some sunshine. If you want to be aggressive throw some more fiat into the game and take advantage of the low prices.

That's true,we should avoid panic selling and keep holding to what we have.Just wait for the time that coin will rise up again.If you have some money,it's time to buy some more and add it to your portofolio.People who cutloss their investment will never get it back,we must careful when decide when to sell our coin.
MAGsecurities

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:13:49 PM

Okay so I'll admit that I am brand spankin' new to the crypto realm, but I am a very experienced retail investor in securities (usually day or short-term swing positions).  From everything I've observed so far in crypto trading, well I don't mean to sound arrogant here, but it looks REALLY simple.  Technical breakouts, dip buying at well established support, fibonacci retracement zones...this market is a technicians dream!! Everything seems to fit so well!!  I think even just a basic understanding of technical analysis can go a long way to becoming proitable in this niche.

That being said, volatility is pretty substantial here as opposed to traditional markets.  If you aren't already an experienced trader, cryptocurrency is probably not the best way to test the waters.

If you are new to the game, and absolutely have to invest in something, my advice would be to just Ronco it.   "Set it and forget it".  Go land yourself a sweet entry price and don't even look at it.  Check back in 2019 and beyond and see where you're sitting.  Watching markets as volatile as these everyday will damn near give you a heart attack.  As always make sure to do your own DD before investing in anything, and prolly no more than 5-10% of your total portfolio would be a wise move.  I think the world government...err...I mean centrealized banking, is going to start infiltrating this game way more than they already have.  It's prolly best not to have too much tied up in this game.  Wink

Best of luck trading everyone!!

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

alts are bleeding as the reason of bitcoin bleed. So buy bitcoin and then you see green dildo on bitcoin you can buy some alts also
KellyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:23:21 PM

Okay so I'll admit that I am brand spankin' new to the crypto realm, but I am a very experienced retail investor in securities (usually day or short-term swing positions).  From everything I've observed so far in crypto trading, well I don't mean to sound arrogant here, but it looks REALLY simple.  Technical breakouts, dip buying at well established support, fibonacci retracement zones...this market is a technicians dream!! Everything seems to fit so well!!  I think even just a basic understanding of technical analysis can go a long way to becoming proitable in this niche.

That being said, volatility is pretty substantial here as opposed to traditional markets.  If you aren't already an experienced trader, cryptocurrency is probably not the best way to test the waters.

If you are new to the game, and absolutely have to invest in something, my advice would be to just Ronco it.   "Set it and forget it".  Go land yourself a sweet entry price and don't even look at it.  Check back in 2019 and beyond and see where you're sitting.  Watching markets as volatile as these everyday will damn near give you a heart attack.  As always make sure to do your own DD before investing in anything, and prolly no more than 5-10% of your total portfolio would be a wise move.  I think the world government...err...I mean centrealized banking, is going to start infiltrating this game way more than they already have.  It's prolly best not to have too much tied up in this game.  Wink

Best of luck trading everyone!!

I believe you are spot on. I have no prior background in investment before I got into crypto and have to admit there was a steep learning curve. I am still learning something new every day. So for someone with your experience it should be fairly easy to make some nice gains. Good Luck to you and welcome!

gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:26:09 PM

I think that even though as you said many alts are bleeding I do not see this all that bad since Bitcoin has not increased. Now had this been like a month ago when Alts were going down and BTC up that would have been a different story. 95% of my coins are bleeding but I expect better days.
CryptoBitCoins

Activity: 644
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

All right the author says, because in the market of crypto currency everything can turn upside down in a few minutes. I support this attitude to the market, that you should not rush at the first drop of coins. I hope that this policy will help the others to improve their financial situation.
patapon49

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:33:36 PM

For the moment no reason to worry I think because everything is in the red, but yes I think we will quickly arrive at the end of the alts for a few months and start again this summer as last year
Artgame

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:35:35 PM

A few days ago was the same "falling" situation, and then back to stable condition.
News aren`t "bitcoin friendy" now (like the last one about Metropolitan Bank), I think it affected the market a bit.
But some good news, may be posted later and will shake the market in another way.
It`s hard to predict sell/buy for sure, any rash decisions with cryptocurrency can cost a lot.
KellyCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 07:47:28 PM

A few days ago was the same "falling" situation, and then back to stable condition.
News aren`t "bitcoin friendy" now (like the last one about Metropolitan Bank), I think it affected the market a bit.
But some good news, may be posted later and will shake the market in another way.
It`s hard to predict sell/buy for sure, any rash decisions with cryptocurrency can cost a lot.

Yes exactly. News can affect this market drastically, even if its false news.

anasso

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:27:58 PM

you need to know if you are investor you should hold your coins and don't care about dips.

if you are daytrader, you can make pofits when market grow up or down!
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:28:53 PM

Currently the cryptocurrency market is going through a big correction (especially to those who have recently joined). We are seeing coins lose 30-50% of its value in a few days and everyone is panicking. These are the times that will define who will succeed in this market and who will fail. You have to keep your emotions in check and be confident that once you have done proper research in the coins you have invested in they will go up when the market rebounds. Corrections are inevitable and is needed for the overall market to grow. So if you are feeling overwhelmed by the drastic decline in your portfolios just take a few days off and enjoy some sunshine. If you want to be aggressive throw some more fiat into the game and take advantage of the low prices.

It really depends on your opinion as to whether they will continue to bleed or if they will enjoy a revival in time. Right now I am still holding but at a certain point I may choose to cash out. It's certainly a change of pace from the previous weeks of pump.
criptogeek

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:52:52 PM

For me when alts are bleeding is shopping time baby!!  Grin
bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:54:29 PM

you need to know if you are investor you should hold your coins and don't care about dips.

if you are daytrader, you can make pofits when market grow up or down!

Indeed. The other option is to invest your money in an ICO, where you plant a seed and watch your returns grow as the project continues to mature. Most often you can really get a good gain if you choose the project with the most promising tech and team, for instance check out Arcblock.
cryptospear

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:58:03 PM

You need to know what your coin's potential before you invested on it,if you dont have faith to the coin you will panic when its price declined hard,but if you believed to its technology a long term hold will pay you back.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: