Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 04:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded  (Read 1688 times)
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:12:29 AM

yes you are right in my opinion when sending a very sensitive identity such as passport and local ID card just to get the token or coin you want in my opinion it is very horrible because your identity can be used for bad and can be used for the sale and purchase of human data.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:08:21 PM

Yes, that's what I'm worried about.
I'm afraid my KYC data will be abused, so I don't think I will use these projects that require KYC verification.

sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

Yeah it's risky to send it in to random ICOs, I normally check the background of the team members to make sure it's legit first.
MapleArmy

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:15:18 PM

I fully support the refusal of identification. The idea of anonymity is one of the pillars. We must not forget this. Angry
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:59:37 PM

It's troubling when one looks at the recent developments in the cryptocurrency industry things like KYC it leaves one wondering where the anonymity of cryptocurrencies really lies. If we all hand in our documents just to take part in ico, what then does cryptocurrency really stand for. It's worth looking into finally.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

The solution is simple - do not participate in any ICO's, just buy them on the exchange after listing. Look at Envion's case - people invested large amounts, they had to pass KYC, even video identification, contributions made by credit card are locked for 6 months and the token price right now is down almost 10x. Or you could just buy them on the exchange now without any hassle.
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:18:20 PM

KYC is here to stay even if most uf us do not agree with this policy. About personal datas well this could be an issue in the future as someone said we do not know for sure who receive our datas but for sure this is not comfortable with everyone. So far so good with KYC so let's hope our datas are well protected.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

Benarand

Activity: 773
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:26:25 PM

If the project is worthy, then I do not think that your data will fall into third hands. Concerns about data loss are always there, but you need to choose for yourself if you want to stay with the cryptocurrency, then accept it.
rosebit

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:34:53 PM

To me  There is no reason on earth why you should hand down your personal information for complete stranger on the internet! I see a lots of newbies falling into this error! anything can happen.
saiharden

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:37:14 PM

KYC contradicts the principles of crypto. It is introduced under pressure from the authorities. In my opinion, so the leadership of the countries has a list of citizens who support crypto. It is also possible that the data may fall into the hands of bad organizations and people. Beware of...
altsMlk

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:39:53 PM

This is a serious Topic. Honestly I do not like to participate KYC required projects. I participate only for an ico that can be trusted in many ways. KYC is important for some icos to avoid scammers. But for bounties? that's completely a meaningless action required by few bounty managers. Why bounties requie our info? If KYC is required, The ico company will do it. Not by bounty managers. For example, Amazix team asked for KYC docs for shivom bounty although the ico team did not asked for it. So what will this bounty managers going to do with our KYC docs?

VIVA NETWORK  *** Introducing borderless, peer to peer mortgage crowdlending.
A better way to buy a home!  *** https://www.vivanetwork.org **
Nasa44
Copper Member

Activity: 862
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:42:50 PM

This is a very terrible topic. And it is true! It is better to bypass the party.
AMdemzzy072

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:51:46 PM

I believe most of you here going against KYC actually do it. What do you do when you are about to invest in a viable project but you are told to pass their KYC before buying their token? In as much as I don't buy the idea of doing KYC for airdrops, if you must do for bounty or ICOs make sure you do a thorough research to know if the project is viable or not.
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

Lots of bounties requires KYC and we have no choice but to comply or else no payout. At some point it can filter fake and dummy applicants. As long as it could do no harm to me I think its OK. Maybe be careful on choosing a project will be less likely we'll get scammed and identity theft.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

even high-quality projects can lose your data, for example in a hacker attack, you need to be very careful

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
dom771

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:00:37 PM

I have never join any project with KYC. We are in a decentralized crypto-world.
Why do they need it for?
You may earn a bit from them, but you lose the information to the one you don't even know.
Sofia_Sofia

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:05:26 PM

I also think that projects with KYC need to be bypassed. It is not known how this will turn against you in the future. Therefore, in such companies should not participate
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:06:36 PM

I try my best to avoid projects require any kind of verification , specially the kind asking me about a copy of my ID . But there is projects that deceive users , by asking for KYC after users already bought in the ICO or already spent a lot of time in the bounty , we just find our self left  with no choice but to give them our KYC papers , it did not happen to me until now but I saw couple of people complain about it .
badjoke

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

this is bad , very bad .. i have already gave my national identity card information to several projects and one those project was scam .. don't even know what should i do ?
twan137

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:08:39 PM

I knew lots of project trying collect people information through AIRDROP, such as: polymath.
I don't think it's a good idea for trading 250 useless token now may value $200 for your personal information.
But people fell in that. Good luck with them in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: