Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm officially sick of the bitcoin price right now...  (Read 3154 times)
superlative (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:38:55 AM

.. so I've been watching and reading about btc technical analysis almost daily now, and I'm kind of sick of being in this current triangle.  I've only been in btc since September so I really don't have that much history, but for those who have been in btc much longer - how much longer do you think it will take before btc goes back on the upward trend again?  It just seems like a really long sideways movement.

On Dec 17th, it reached its high of $20k, and it has taken almost a month and we're still below those numbers.  What is your estimate for when we can be above $20k again and onward to what people predict for this year ($50k-$100k)?  Another month?  March?

I know nobody knows for sure, but just looking to hear about what people's gut feel is (and only from those who have btc experience over a year please).

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:04:34 AM

You've only been here since september but you shouldn't be here at all.

You're asking a question that not only nobody can answer, but one that you should be able to reason by yourself having looked at history. Why did you jump in in semptember without doing any of the required homework?

Anyhow, best answer I can give you is that last time we hit a bear market, prices went down further and didn't recover for a couple of years.

Bitcoin's astronomic ascent in the second half of 2017 is not the standard. It's not the way you should expect bitocin to ever move.

I've been here since 2010/1, and trust me when I tell you that if you don't start studying a lot harder you will get burnt. badly. Keep an eye on altcoins, too. If you look at the overall crypto cap you'll see there was more growing between when you camein and now.
1apps

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:08:20 AM

Guy whose crypto the NSA uses says it's going to 10K

Then to 50K

https://1bitcoins.net/nsa-crypto-god-calls-bitcoin-toy-nsa-project/
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:31:25 AM

yes, after the end of the year 20717 bitcoin down, it takes a long time to improve the situation.
everything is speculation, so everyone can not answer what bitcoin price in the future, let it be time to answer it.
which I'm sure sure bitcoin in 2018 will reach $ 50,000.

Tak2020

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:35:35 AM

Crypto is gambling... looks like we run out of people who love risk . It's over...
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:37:03 AM

how much longer do you think it will take before btc goes back on the upward trend again?  It just seems like a really long sideways movement.

Your asking a leading question and it might never reach $20k again or do you think the price drop might be connected to
crazy Tx Fees from miners and trust in the development team has been destroyed.

It's your first love, don't worry, plenty more fish in the sea but stick with top brands and do more research or at least
have a stop loss in mind for getting out of BTC and hope you will never need to use it

Mines at $10,000 and "let the trend be your friend"

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:41:33 AM

Patience is a virtue. Bitcoins price growth is one of the fastest in the market. If you really know trading you would know that the price rise of bitcoin will take a few years if you compare it to any stocks or cfd (except altcoins) in the market.

If you are tired of it then sell your coins and just go back investing in other things to realize how much it will take for your money to grow in other markets.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:43:44 AM

Crypto is gambling... looks like we run out of people who love risk . It's over...

And i was thinking that I'm in this church all alone but i can see we have hope yet.

It's would had gone on much longer here if they only kept the fees lower and when it
was just about to explode they blew it but not in a sexual way.

Yes i would had given it $50,000 but the trust has been broken now but maybe that's a good thing
for other alt-coins and they will survive on gains close to 100% p.a and not 1000%

I get this feeling that your in danger of getting away with a profit and good luck to you sir!

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Kittygalore

Activity: 882
Merit: 63

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:44:56 AM

There must be no accurate prediction to the price because bitcoin contains a high volatility and demand cannot be control unlike the supply of it. I think bitcoin will drop to atleast $10000 and the next bull run will be at that time bcause the demand for it will rise again because its price is lower than now tendency is people will buy it.
nthnode404

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:49:58 AM

Actually, the dollar is the biggest risk out there and Wall Street is gambling with it. The little guy has a very slim chance of becoming financially free trading in it. The dollar is also being printed in the billions to infinity. However, Bitcoin is capped at 21 million. Which is the better "risk" since probably only 1% of the world is currently into cryptocurrencies right now. Buy and HODL and see which one lasts longer.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoamumu

Activity: 140
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:51:20 AM

.. so I've been watching and reading about btc technical analysis almost daily now, and I'm kind of sick of being in this current triangle.  I've only been in btc since September so I really don't have that much history, but for those who have been in btc much longer - how much longer do you think it will take before btc goes back on the upward trend again?  It just seems like a really long sideways movement.

On Dec 17th, it reached its high of $20k, and it has taken almost a month and we're still below those numbers.  What is your estimate for when we can be above $20k again and onward to what people predict for this year ($50k-$100k)?  Another month?  March?

I know nobody knows for sure, but just looking to hear about what people's gut feel is (and only from those who have btc experience over a year please).

Thanks.

No one knows when btc will hit that $20k mark again. It could take months or it could happen at the end of this month. Or it could drop below $10k. No one knows.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:55:28 AM

It's totally dependent on your perception, If you think that Bitcoin is not a profitable or fake currency then you could be afraid of this platform. think positive and be patient with this system.

Day by day this platform is getting accepted and promoted at the whole around the world and people are becoming involved in this platform day after day. so that Bitcoin is not a thing matter of confusion as like you are thinking. Go bold and be strong. Bitcoin will dominate in the future's currency world.
timikulit

Activity: 196
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:59:10 AM

This is only normal and maybe bitcoin price will still go down up to 10,000. but that price is the lowest that i can think.  bitcoin will start to bounce at 12,000 level. If this happens then there is a good chance of a new bitcoin price rally. its good to buy bitcoin now.

Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:01:07 AM

I know the future of bitcoin travel is still long, and your expectations are still a lot to succeed, and I'm very confident the bitcoin price in mid 2018 will again tend to be higher again, now there are still plenty of opportunities for you to Get Bitcoin in a short time or longer if you want to earn your daily income, you can do trading on the market, this for me very profitable, if you are in the long run, and I am sure can get 2x profit from now.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:01:32 AM

yes it looks like gambling which is to risky when it comes to the volatility of price cause it make a huge lose if whe didn't notice the drop. But now i think  the volatility of bitcoin is over and it continue decreasing maybe this is the end?  , as of now btc price is 12k perhaps  bitcoin price will fall dip. And despite the price is unpredictable right now which is to risk to decide if this time is good to buy , cause we have no idea if it will climb after falling back to 10k.
A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:02:13 AM

If you consider that only a year ago from now BTC was at $1000.00 the price right now is still amazing. The 20k price was bubble from huge hype thanks to the media. Now that hype and fomo has settled down some and the price is normalizing. It’s going to take some time for things to get back on track. I am happy with the price right now and if it finishes out the year at 20-25k. I am happy with that too. If the price plunges more I will consider this my travel back in time and my second chance to get in before it heads back up.
matthewogus01

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:05:46 AM

Because of the volatility of bitcoin, it is inevitable to have frequent dips of its price. You just need to have patience since 2018 has just begun. It will definitely rise little by little as the days go by.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:08:18 AM

I don't know when the price could reach $50k but we could break more than $20k in this year, hopefully, we could increase more than $30k-$50k in this year too. besides that, when bitcoin price is down, I see most of the altcoin follows to go down because usually when bitcoin is down, many altcoins start to increase and fixed the price. I think this January will be a new start for cryptocurrency and in the next month, cryptocurrency will start to increase.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:16:28 AM

yes, bitcoin is still having a very bad day until today. this is a big slap for us, that bitcoin has its weakness. but I'm sure slowly bitcoin will move up this year, likely to be above $ 30000.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:20:29 AM

By arriving in September you've been spoilt rotten. Try heading straight downwards for month after month. Try what felt like months at $250.

This is traditionally a pretty dead time of year. Wait for a couple of months and you might see some identifiable action. Or tomorrow. No one knows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: