Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Address with Avalon bulk chip payments now tops $8 million...  (Read 18086 times)
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:07:41 PM

It would be 592,800 Gh, 593 Th, or 0.6Ph at 282mh/s a chip.

Why would they be running at 282mh/s?

I did mix up PH/s and TH/s, though. The current network hashrate is 370TH/s, so it would still be twice the current hashrate. Obviously, they could not currently be hashing.

Not all of them no. However ,those chips have been available to orders in China for weeks now (no customs to go through). It is safe to assume that a lot of them have shown up in the hash rate.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:08:58 PM

I did mix up PH/s and TH/s, though. The current network hashrate is 370TH/s, so it would still be twice the current hashrate. Obviously, they could not currently be hashing.

Not all of them no. However ,those chips have been available to orders in China for weeks now (no customs to go through). It is safe to assume that a lot of them have shown up in the hash rate.

What? Not BFL??!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:14:21 PM

There are "payments" out of 158mVoizfU3xPxGGchGtnsKSixGs9XTo6v.

The first payment out of 1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU didn't occur until yesterday. (8/5)

Since that's the address that collected payments for the chips, if there were 1 million chip orders, then how did they pay TSMC and other companies get paid?  

Do you think someone extend Bitsyncom a line of credit?

Another explanation:
Someone, or some group bought 100 B1 avalons.
That same entity bought the bitcoin used for the chip orders, and gave bitsyncom the money to pay for the chips.

Now, maybe this entity did get the chips first and a second batch is being run to give out to other orders. However, as I said if there were really 2.1 million chips then there would have to be at least 700 terahash on the network, and there's only about 380Th/s on the network. So either those chips don't exist, or they're not online.

I'm guessing whoever actually owns those addresses is getting priority access to chips though, ahead of other Avalon customers.

They won't necessarily, but that' Avalons standard clock speed. Some will OC, some won't. Some will OCoverdose, some will be DOA.

Some err...go missing.

Pretty much everyone's been able to get them to run at 350, and 300 is actually the default speed.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:15:52 PM

People are selling chips on Alibaba, but those chips are not immediately available. Those sellers are waiting on chips themselves. Someone emailed and asked, they said they wouldn't be available until Aug 18th.

Also, remember he said only 200k chips were "stuck in customs."  800k chips were apparently shipped. Although that seems like b.s.

ionstorm

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:17:49 PM

there is no way they could get 1 million or 2 million chips hashing with a small team in a few weeks, I bet what happened is they decided to use our chips to hash with and earn enough to re-order chips to be made, and then shipped to us I bet that is happening now since all of the transactions are happening now.  Probably some of those receiving addresses are TSMC or bitpay that you see, they are either making more gen 1 chips since they are using ours or making gen2 chips or its a TSMC address.  Either way were fucked and Avalon is profiting more off this situation since they have their own miners regardless of the situation.  I'd have to say if they do not prove that their customs delay is not true we could legitimately sue them for lying and misleading their customers and with good probability win damages calculating the hash rate lost and distribute all the funds to group buys then individual buyers.  If we can prove without a doubt that Avalon has mislead us we will win in court.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:20:56 PM

there is no way they could get 1 million or 2 million chips hashing with a small team in a few weeks, I bet what happened is they decided to use our chips to hash with and earn enough to re-order chips to be made, and then shipped to us I bet that is happening now since all of the transactions are happening now.  Probably some of those receiving addresses are TSMC or bitpay that you see, they are either making more gen 1 chips since they are using ours or making gen2 chips or its a TSMC address.  Either way were fucked and Avalon is profiting more off this situation since they have their own miners regardless of the situation.

Yeah, this is the problem.  You hand your money to these companies. They pay for chips. But once they have the chips they actually have no incentive to distribute them in a timely manner - in fact, they have a lot of incentive to delay.

bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

I'm guessing whoever actually owns those addresses is getting priority access to chips though, ahead of other Avalon customers.

We got a quick-wit here fellas!  Cheesy j/k

That's exactly what I'm saying. And all indicators show "them" moving BTC back into Avalon addresses.

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:24:06 PM

There are "payments" out of 158mVoizfU3xPxGGchGtnsKSixGs9XTo6v.

The first payment out of 1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU didn't occur until yesterday. (8/5)

Since that's the address that collected payments for the chips, if there were 1 million chip orders, then how did they pay TSMC and other companies get paid?  

Do you think someone extend Bitsyncom a line of credit?

Yes, Bitsyncom Split, and Yifu has been reportedly running around with dodgy Banksters according to an article in the WSJ everyone is so dismissive of.

Basically,this team designed chips(110nm) for Avalon.

And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)
And,we don't know what happened inside Avalon.
To summarize what you and johnyj have said:
(1) Key members of the Avalon design team are now independent of Avalon;
(2) This new design team is proposing the development of a 40nm chip;
(3) The team is seeking investment - as in capital, as opposed to crowd source or pre-sales.

IS THIS CORRECT?
Where you assumed that they seek investment or new partner? Also, where is evident that they bitsysncom asic team has split inside?
Maybe this has something to do with btc address for chip purchases? Yifu said that who claim that they own that btc address.
This is why is asked for clarification.  As to my inferences:
(1) yuchuanzhen stated "Based on the author's words,may be some thing happened to the Avalon team.And,most like a big one."
(2) and (3), yuchuanzhen stated "And for some unknown reason,they are looking for some new partner/investor.(40nm)"

Again, this development is currently, in primary source, in Chinese.  I think everyone who is reporting it, in English, should be very careful to be very clear.  Presumptions themselves may not translate correctly, even if they are, themselves, correct.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 04:30:51 PM

We got a quick-wit here fellas!  Cheesy j/k

That's exactly what I'm saying. And all indicators show "them" moving BTC back into Avalon addresses.

We see both the mining proceeds and the chip sales flow into the same address. But so far it's a 1-way flow.  It could be a dividend payment to one of the members of bitsyncom, it could be money flowing into the wallet of a major client.  There's no way to say whether or not the wallet is "inside" or "outside" of bitsyncom.

But, if Bitsyncom still controls all those btc, how did they pay to produce the chips? I find it kind of doubtful that someone actually lent them millions of dollars.

dyseac

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:42:26 AM

But, if Bitsyncom still controls all those btc, how did they pay to produce the chips? I find it kind of doubtful that someone actually lent them millions of dollars.

Well exactly 1000 BTC are missing from the wallet which is roughly $1,000,000

Perhaps that was their total chip production costs and the rest is cream? - good business model  Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:37:34 AM

Well exactly 1000 BTC are missing from the wallet which is roughly $1,000,000

Perhaps that was their total chip production costs and the rest is cream? - good business model  Grin

Maybe they paid their Gen 2 chip fab.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: