Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 10072 times)
maco (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:31:53 PM

Is there a site or tool where you can track daily performance?

Not at the moment. I do not have anything programmed yet in this sense. It is just a main wallet I am using across all servers.

Btw, I just thought about something. There is also immature time for coins generated (it takes about 3 days for coins to clear)..

I am going to still payout dividends (regardless of this) with my own matured coins.

Thanks
Maco

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:08:48 PM

Watch  Cool
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:11:36 PM

Closing this out in 2 more shares.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:11:57 PM

1 May I know how the estimation of 8-16 XPM per share per day is obtained? Simulation or real data? Is it equally possible to be in the low side(Cool and in the high side (16)? It's important cause with current exchange rate, at least 10 xpm per day per share is required for the subscribers to earn some BTC.

3 you said you will dedicate to this full time. But what you get is at best 1 BTC per week - all the maintaing and server costs. I don't think that justify your efforts.

Moreover, is it possible to provide the exchange service for some subscribers?
 From a potential subscriber. Thanks.

1. Most of the tests come from my tests. Primecoin is about 1 month and a half old, so its all relatively new data to all of us, however, I collected that in some small split tests, and the rest is educated guesses.  I must have started this somewhere... this isn't a current exchange gig. This is for those who want to contribute to mining, that are not, and need to hold more coins, and do not want to receive low shares with public pools, and don't have the consumption for solo mining.

3. This line is very disrespectful to me. I really rather not have you investing, if you are going to question my value.

It is like telling the Doctor, he doesn't deserve getting paid to save anyone's life. I may not be in a doctor, but I would like to say, I am one when it comes to Primecoin Mining.

I think that the BitThink meant to say that you're only receiving 1 BTC for all of the work maintaining mining and for the server costs and that you are't getting enough for your efforts.

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:14:03 PM

1 May I know how the estimation of 8-16 XPM per share per day is obtained? Simulation or real data? Is it equally possible to be in the low side(Cool and in the high side (16)? It's important cause with current exchange rate, at least 10 xpm per day per share is required for the subscribers to earn some BTC.

3 you said you will dedicate to this full time. But what you get is at best 1 BTC per week - all the maintaing and server costs. I don't think that justify your efforts.

1. Most of the tests come from my tests. Primecoin is about 1 month and a half old, so its all relatively new data to all of us, however, I collected that in some small split tests, and the rest is educated guesses.  I must have started this somewhere... this isn't a current exchange gig. This is for those who want to contribute to mining, that are not, and need to hold more coins, and do not want to receive low shares with public pools, and don't have the consumption for solo mining.

3. This line is very disrespectful to me. I really rather not have you investing, if you are going to question my value.

It is like telling the Doctor, he doesn't deserve getting paid to save anyone's life. I may not be in a doctor, but I would like to say, I am one when it comes to Primecoin Mining.

I think that the BitThink meant to say that you're only receiving 1 BTC for all of the work maintaining mining and for the server costs and that you are't getting enough for your efforts.

Thanks, but it didn't come off that way to me. I would hope to hear him clear that up, maybe I didn't understand it properly.
Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 06:17:39 PM

please reserve 1 for me, I'll make a payment during the next hour, but I'd like to pay directly in BTC for 1 week subscription, is it OK for you?

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:33:28 PM

please reserve 1 for me, I'll make a payment during the next hour, but I'd like to pay directly in BTC for 1 week subscription, is it OK for you?

Reserved 1 for you, that is fine.

I will send you my address now.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:46:44 PM

Thanks, but it didn't come off that way to me. I would hope to hear him clear that up, maybe I didn't understand it properly.

"But what you get is at best 1 BTC per week - all the maintaing and server costs. I don't think that justify your efforts"

He was being nice and saying you deserve more, ....."at best"   so at the most you will only get 1btc,  that is not enough for all your efforts.   100% that means he thinks you should have more than 1btc.

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:59:49 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 07:44:17 PM by maco

"But what you get is at best 1 BTC per week - all the maintaing and server costs. I don't think that justify your efforts"

He was being nice and saying you deserve more, ....."at best"   so at the most you will only get 1btc,  that is not enough for all your efforts.   100% that means he thinks you should have more than 1btc.

Oh, gotchya. I didn't take it that way for some reason.  I got a lot of black screens going on here so a little intense, but I can manage Smiley

maco (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 09:24:31 PM

There are 2 shares still available. 2 Shares did not complete reserved payment for 48 hours - notification was sent.

Now available 2 Shares. PM ME for subscription link.
hayek

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:31:40 PM

PM Sent
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:23:00 AM

He was being nice and saying you deserve more, ....."at best"   so at the most you will only get 1btc,  that is not enough for all your efforts.   100% that means he thinks you should have more than 1btc.

Thanks a lot for your helping to clarify. Yes, what I mean is that only get 1 BTC per week for maintaining 200 servers does seem too little. Maco seems said he would dedicate to this full time, which seems not practical to me. No offense intended, sorry if my expression is not clear enough.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:01:59 PM

Thanks BitThink.

Announcement to all:
All shares are sold and unavailable for this week... except for 1 person whom I am awaiting payment from.
If payment doesn't come in today, next person will be sent a message on the waiting list.  (I did my due diligence by reserving it)

Please let me know if you want to join the waiting list for immediate updates when a spot opens up.

Thank you for supporting and investing in this with me. I will keep everyone updated as we progress.
-Maco
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:02:43 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 06:27:45 AM by maco

Announcement to ALL subscribers that own weekly shares.

We are currently pacing 200 XPM earnings per day. Currently, the difficulty going up at a faster rate,
and earnings of XPM per block is going down, averaging around 10.44 XPM most parts of the day.  

I will begin deploying more servers in the next 48-72 hours + and this will go on day in and out for the life of the shares of 50+

First- I am retracting the Wednesday Dividends since it wouldn't be fair for me, (to dispense coins that are immature) plus, 98% of the shares sold were on Sunday (the 18th) so, it will be logical for me to payout in 7 days. I will still have to handle confirmations (3-4 days maturity waiting period) for most of the mined XPM coins, but I can do that for now by paying out 7 days of the subscription date. I will make an announcement 1 day prior to payout, (Saturday), you can cancel or continue subscribing from there.

Dividends scheduled for 7 days from pay period (majority Sunday night ~ 08/25/2013) or 7 days from your payment day (08/24/2013) for Saturday.

Second- I under estimated the earnings a bit, but then again,
we aren't at full deployment due to a few reasons described below:

1) I do not have all the funds to deploy some more servers. I am waiting for the final funds to come through (for this week).
2) I am still lacking funds to deploy 200+ servers, as for some reason, I would need 2-3 more weeks of funds, I can't cover the costs all at once.

Third- I need all the support I can get! If you, as the investor, could help in anyway.. I would say.. stick around for a bit, and hang onto any Earned XPM coins. I wouldn't use these for current exchange rates today, but for the future resell value that it offers you. For the small investment I proposed, share holders will see a success rate, even at the current rate.  I need your help in riding this out as long as you can! to help me get more server deployments.  After all, this is a private pool, and we aren't on the same program as ypool, trust me, that wasn't a profitable venture for me or anyone I know.

So, this is really the only method available for us, investors, to generate coins. After all, difficulty is shooting up faster than ever, and XPM rewards are dropping significantly... What does that mean for you, and I as early adopters? You can mine without the heavy overheads, headaches, or maintenance that goes with mining, and... you are ahead of the major market that could play a new role into Primecoin, with more users that jump on board, in the near future.

To sum it up, it has been a decent 2-3 days in progress, and I am ready to deploy more as soon as the funds come in.
And anyone who wants shares, you can PM me the amount of shares you want, and I can add you to the waiting list for the next available share spot.

Note: I did notice some early subscriber cancellations. I do not blame you, you want results, and I will bring them, but this isn't a get rich scheme...
we must stay persistent, continuously expand, and work as a team. Primecoin is a long-term coin... I see a horizon for a reason, let's work together, shall we?

Note #2: If you are a Round #1 subscriber, and in the future price per subscriber/share increases to 1.0/BTC + a week, you won't be obligated to pay the difference or subscribe for more of a cost. Only for the amount of shares you pick up at that current pricing state. We need to expand our mining power to earn as much as we can today. That is the goal, before rewards start dropping to 9 XPM per block, 8... 7... 6... 5, etc. So, any subscribers who stick around, do not pay more, if the share cost goes up!

Thank you once again for investing, and lets continue to work together to achieve more!
Oleander

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:47:17 AM

I think we subscribers understand that this operation will take a bit of tweaking to get going at full speed, and are willing to give you every chance to do that.

However:

So, this is really the only method available for us, investors, to generate coins.

This is simply not true.  Anyone who believes in the long-term future of Primecoin can buy them at an exchange.  A bought coin is the same as a mined coin, and will yield the same profit.

Let's work through an example using a recent price at mcxNOW, namely 1 XPM = .007 BTC.  For the .5 BTC per week subscription, I could buy 70 XPM per week, or 10 XPM / day.  If mining yields more than 10 XPM per share per day, then I am better off mining than buying.

If mining yields less than 10 XPM per share per day, then we are all better off buying XPM than mining.

We are currently pacing 200 XPM earnings per day.

Divided by 50 shares, that sounds like 4 XPM per share per day.  Can you get this up to 10 XPM per share per day?  Seriously, the subscribers do not need 4 XPM per share per day plus a pep talk about the long-term potential of Primecoin, they need 10 XPM per share per day.

It sounds like you have to rent the servers a month at a time, but the funds are coming in week by week, so you can't deploy all the servers at the beginning.  Is that correct?  If so, you should have told people up front that they would be mining at a loss for the first few weeks.

What we really need is a spreadsheet showing how this operation gets up to 10 XPM per share per day as new servers are deployed.  I'd be happy to prepare such a spreadsheet, if you will give me some information, such as cost per server and XPM per server per day.
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:14:42 AM

I've invested my 1 share Smiley
If all goes well I'll consider investing a lot more next time round.
I suppose we're at the mercy of the difficulty levels?
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:23:16 AM

I think we subscribers understand that this operation will take a bit of tweaking to get going at full speed, and are willing to give you every chance to do that.

However:

So, this is really the only method available for us, investors, to generate coins.

This is simply not true.  Anyone who believes in the long-term future of Primecoin can buy them at an exchange.  A bought coin is the same as a mined coin, and will yield the same profit.

Let's work through an example using a recent price at mcxNOW, namely 1 XPM = .007 BTC.  For the .5 BTC per week subscription, I could buy 70 XPM per week, or 10 XPM / day.  If mining yields more than 10 XPM per share per day, then I am better off mining than buying.

If mining yields less than 10 XPM per share per day, then we are all better off buying XPM than mining.

We are currently pacing 200 XPM earnings per day.

Divided by 50 shares, that sounds like 4 XPM per share per day.  Can you get this up to 10 XPM per share per day?  Seriously, the subscribers do not need 4 XPM per share per day plus a pep talk about the long-term potential of Primecoin, they need 10 XPM per share per day.

It sounds like you have to rent the servers a month at a time, but the funds are coming in week by week, so you can't deploy all the servers at the beginning.  Is that correct?  If so, you should have told people up front that they would be mining at a loss for the first few weeks.

What we really need is a spreadsheet showing how this operation gets up to 10 XPM per share per day as new servers are deployed.  I'd be happy to prepare such a spreadsheet, if you will give me some information, such as cost per server and XPM per server per day.

I think we can achieve and pass 10 XPM this week, and maybe I didn't word the deployment part properly. I want to do more than 200+ servers... so, in essence, we are at 5 XPM per share without full deployment (half way there) and we are going to surpass 10 XPM within a few days (I hope)... but rewards are going down too daily, so that is another challenge, but we should be able to overcome that.

I have deployed servers in the beginning but receiving the funds to pay for the servers has been a delay.
We are currently operating at about 100+ servers... and have more to go in the next couple days.

This is just an announcement so you know what is happening. I am the type of person who keeps an open communication.
Oleander

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:12:15 AM

I am the type of person who keeps an open communication.

No, you are being evasive.  Lots of words, not much information.

We are currently operating at about 100+ servers

No, we are currently operating at some specific number of servers.  Is it 95?  Is it 105?  Why not just tell us?

I want to do more than 200+ servers

Surely the subscriptions will pay for some specific number of servers, no more, no less.  Is it 190?  Is it 210?  Just divide the total income by the cost per server.

but rewards are going down too daily, so that is another challenge, but we should be able to overcome that.

Do you realize how bad that sounds?

Let us help you.  Just give us straight answers.  We'll build the spreadsheets and profitability models, and you can focus on running the servers.
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:36:54 AM

This is simply not true.  Anyone who believes in the long-term future of Primecoin can buy them at an exchange.  A bought coin is the same as a mined coin, and will yield the same profit.
x1000000 I knew the ramp up would take a few days but this is like false advertising to me.

If so, you should have told people up front that they would be mining at a loss for the first few weeks.
I would have bought way fewer shares if I knew this was going to be the case. I figured the 8xpm/day was what we would be generating at the start and then it would progress upward.

I need all the support I can get! If you, as the investor, could help in anyway..
If you give me you pool configuration info, what software you use, etc. I will contribute the power of my 3570K @ 4GHz to help, even if it is just a drop in the bucket. Ypool was giving total shit returns anyway especially after their latest share value update.
maco (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:41:56 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 10:32:19 AM by maco

I am the type of person who keeps an open communication.

No, you are being evasive.  Lots of words, not much information.

We are currently operating at about 100+ servers

No, we are currently operating at some specific number of servers.  Is it 95?  Is it 105?  Why not just tell us?

I want to do more than 200+ servers

Surely the subscriptions will pay for some specific number of servers, no more, no less.  Is it 190?  Is it 210?  Just divide the total income by the cost per server.

but rewards are going down too daily, so that is another challenge, but we should be able to overcome that.

Do you realize how bad that sounds?

Let us help you.  Just give us straight answers.  We'll build the spreadsheets and profitability models, and you can focus on running the servers.

You have to understand... even if I say something to sounds bad, doesn't mean it needs to be 'bad'... I think it is fine to have less investors, why do you think I set a limit at 50 ? so, if people aren't interested, they can exit anytime without subscription... or they can continue if they are happy. That is clearly a choice of yours. But if you do not try, you don't know... same goes with me... we are all learning something new daily with Primecoin.

The reality is... block earning is going downwards, and if you unsubscribe, but in the future (when I am in full deployment) and you decide to come back, earnings of XPM will have dropped.  Today it is 10.44-10.46 XPM, tomorrow it could be 9... or 8 or 7 XPM (per block) - can I control it? No, I cannot.  It is based on the demand of miners.  

I am filling the glass up with water, without asking for much on your end as a subscriber.  I am giving straight answers more than you think, and my announcement is only an update of what is going, so you all know. I have deployed another 2+ servers since my last post, so consider my last post as old data. It wouldn't be right for me to tell you exactly, when that is just have how many I had 1-2 hours ago.

Note: I have deployed my own READY servers (4+ weeks of my personal server farm -- now dedicated to this project)... This was turned ON after subscribers joined, and the new wallet was added to the base. I did not mention this anywhere, but it was done... how do you think we earned XPM that we did? By the way, I think we would have been at 25-50 XPM earned if I had not had those servers ready from the start. The funds also had a delay which I did not expect to happen. I do not control payment processing, and I have acted quickly on it to fund this project.

Sure, I need subscribers, and I Thank all those who invested in my business proposition.
But it isn't fair to jump into so many different conclusions without even assessing the results yet.

Just relax, data will come... I was making a swift announcement. Thank you all for investing!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: