Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:43:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polymath Scam: Stay Away!  (Read 1129 times)
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:44:17 PM

I just uploaded my ID (outside the US) and got verified and passed verification in like 15 seconds.
I also put watermarks all over it.
Got a message I will be getting 250 in the airdrop.

Idk call me paranoid but I wouldn't send in my ID or any other verification documents. But it's still good to know it worked.

the people who say everyone is doing it and that its perfectly normal to send your info to strangers on an internet forum are just shills.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:44:41 PM

I just want to go on record to eat some crow.

I was initially very frustrated with the Polymath airdrop.  I spent what felt like way too much time and energy on this -- staying up until very late at night the night the KYC verification process, trying like 15 times to upload my ID only to end up with the dreaded spinning wheel, checking back every 5 minutes for like a day and a half after the KYC site was taken down to clear the backlog, and then after all that getting rejected because I uploaded my drivers license and not a passport (my passport is expired).

Well, I submitted a support ticket.  I didn't hear anything back, but I just re-entered by ETH wallet address into the KYC site, and now it is saying that I am successfully registered.

I take back everything bad that I said about Polymath.  I am glad to see that they are trying to make this process work for everyone. Kudos to them for their patience with so many frustrated users.

lol fair play to you bud for fronting up, polymath to the moon!!
IAM-JOSEPH

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:13:38 PM

Thank you for this info. I'm just new here and now I know some Airdrop like this exist, where the goal is to scam people.

I'm glad I was able to get here, now I will make sure check for a lot of reviews before joining in on any promotions ^_^
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:24:35 PM

are you sure is Polymath a scam??? i dont belive this theory for now...
easypeasy

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:25:32 PM

Thank you for this info. I'm just new here and now I know some Airdrop like this exist, where the goal is to scam people.

I'm glad I was able to get here, now I will make sure check for a lot of reviews before joining in on any promotions ^_^

im no way a polymath shill, i just signed up to recieve the free airdrop (basically free money, turn it down if u want) but if u read through this thread u will see the only folks moaning are them who couldnt manage to/or didnt want to register, why listen to a couple of fudsters when theres free cash sitting right in front off u

research the polymath token and they're team then come back here with an honest opinion bud, you wont be slated for it as at least u will have made up your own mind instead of listening to the trolls or the shillers

cheers
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:42:59 PM

Weird. One thing is for sure they spent good money on advertising.

Wow, yay, they spent more than a million dollars in just marketing and advertising if i am not wrong, everyday, i use to check coinmarketcap more than 20 times. And from those 20 times, 15 times Polymath was on the top header banner. This means that they paid a lot of money for that kind of advertisement.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:46:51 PM

In my opinion, it's definitely not worth sending your personal data, especially on the Internet to a project you do not trust 100%. Given that there is an airdrop that will bring you $5
youok

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:19:55 AM

thanks friend for the information. I did not participate in this KYC airdrop program. I read some requirement that must be filled before participating airdrop. one of them is to enter a document such as my ID etc. its really dangerous and wasting time for me.

Riemar

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:24:07 AM

Requesting ID or similar such documents for an airdrop seems a little overdone. Smells fishy indeed.
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:25:52 AM

Weird. One thing is for sure they spent good money on advertising.

Wow, yay, they spent more than a million dollars in just marketing and advertising if i am not wrong, everyday, i use to check coinmarketcap more than 20 times. And from those 20 times, 15 times Polymath was on the top header banner. This means that they paid a lot of money for that kind of advertisement.

yh it looks like they really spent some huge sums of btc for coinmarketcap top banner ad.lets see if those who were able to sign up for the kyc will even receive the tokens.
easypeasy

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:36:07 AM

just out of interest and not to antagonize anybody but whats the big hassle with kyc, we all have to do it to trade with the bigger exchanges, just interested to hear valid opinions (not just scream abuse, real reasons only)

surely polymath is not a scam, i promise u all im totally independent and by no way a shill just interested to know

incase ure dumb minds dont work properly i'll just remind u, we ALL need crypto to head towards mainstream it benefits us all

unless your a benefit claimant begging off the social (uk) trying to cover your arse i dont see a problem with legitimate projects, if u dont like it stay the fek away
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:08:10 AM

Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?

Next time read the whole thread before you post.

Idiot.

i did read the whole thread u whinging little mummys boy, you hadnt posted your grovelling apology before i posted my reply, so unless i could see into the future then i was right and u were a whinging little brat cos u didnt get ure way, stick your dummy back in your gub hahaha

I actually did post my groveling apology before you posted.  All you have to do is look.

And the word is whining, you dumbass.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:17:11 AM

You don't know what a cheater could do with your passport data. Imagination is the only limit. So unless the value of their tokens and of this airdrop becomes really clear, or I will stay away. I have even received an email from them on how to get the airdrop, but then on their site is was totally another story.

easypeasy

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:18:56 AM

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

stop your whinging man just cos you missed out on your 250 tokens, to call it a scam cos u couldnt or didnt want to register is like listening to a child telling his mummy he hates her cos she wont give him a drink of fizzy juice or similar lol

kyc is pretty much the norm nowadays with professional forward thinking companys, get used to it, unless your trying to hide all your stuff from the taxman?

Next time read the whole thread before you post.

Idiot.

i did read the whole thread u whinging little mummys boy, you hadnt posted your grovelling apology before i posted my reply, so unless i could see into the future then i was right and u were a whinging little brat cos u didnt get ure way, stick your dummy back in your gub hahaha

I actually did post my groveling apology before you posted.  All you have to do is look.

And the word is whining, you dumbass.

lol honestly bud i think we got off on the wrong foot, do me a favour and go back and check the timings, i was writing my post when u posted yours, tis not my fault u were whinging (as we say from scotland) whining is probably english im not too sure

point is u opened this thread using the "scam" word which is all too easily thrown around  in the crypto world usually without any real back up or evidence, in this case it was cos u took the huff cos u couldnt manage to do ure kyc, no evidence of any wrong doing it was just cos u couldnt get ure way, as soon as u did (and honestly, it took some guts so at least some kudos for that) u admitted u were in the wrong, nothing wrong with that we cant be right all the time

water under the bridge to me, too much cash to be made, hope your successful as time goes by

peace

xiaoxz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:19:04 AM

I think the purpose of the KYC should be to prevent people from receiving airdrop more than one time, but if the number of airdrop coin is very small, it is not worthwhile to KYC.I will continue to keep an eye on this thing, because I joined this project's airdrop too.
IAM-JOSEPH

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:19:57 AM

im no way a polymath shill, i just signed up to recieve the free airdrop (basically free money, turn it down if u want) but if u read through this thread u will see the only folks moaning are them who couldnt manage to/or didnt want to register, why listen to a couple of fudsters when theres free cash sitting right in front off u

research the polymath token and they're team then come back here with an honest opinion bud, you wont be slated for it as at least u will have made up your own mind instead of listening to the trolls or the shillers

cheers

Good point, I will keep that in mind. basically I let other people experience first then check their review. its better to be safe specially that I'm just starting in the BTC business ^_^. but thank you for that insight.
easypeasy

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:42:10 AM

cheers

Good point, I will keep that in mind. basically I let other people experience first then check their review. its better to be safe specially that I'm just starting in the BTC business ^_^. but thank you for that insight.

nice post bud, dont get me wrong ive bought/or not bought on peoples posts, but at the end of the day u have to do a bit of research then trust ure brain and your gut feeling, dont jump in heavy, bit at a time and u be ok 
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:18:59 PM

It's a scam for hyping the crap out of this thing, keeping 50,000 people waiting and hanging on their every word, and then making last minute changes so that hardly anybody will actually be able to participate.  Maybe it's not a scam in that they are not stealing from people, but they are up to something.  And even if they aren't, this trainwreck doesn't inspire confidence in the company.

I have to admit that it does not look good. It has a huge telegram group, but it is not organic, is just adoption paid with theoretical coins that are never reachable. Never send a passport without some mark on it.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
coinmgnet

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

I doubt they are scam. It's one of the many Airdrops that actually are successful, they have tens of thousands of followers on telegram.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:22:16 PM

It's a scam for hyping the crap out of this thing, keeping 50,000 people waiting and hanging on their every word, and then making last minute changes so that hardly anybody will actually be able to participate.  Maybe it's not a scam in that they are not stealing from people, but they are up to something.  And even if they aren't, this trainwreck doesn't inspire confidence in the company.

I have to admit that it does not look good. It has a huge telegram group, but it is not organic, is just adoption paid with theoretical coins that are never reachable. Never send a passport without some mark on it.
I also agree with you. It was really a bad project, I studied it and I felt that the project was very unreasonable and unrealistic. The communities they have set up are few and far between and are not the developers of this project. Be careful because such projects often do not work well.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: