Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polymath Scam: Stay Away!  (Read 1129 times)
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:45:20 AM

for me registration has completed successfully, hope I may get airdrop tokens by Feb 1st week
Genovese

Activity: 284
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

I think the purpose of the KYC should be to prevent people from receiving airdrop more than one time, but if the number of airdrop coin is very small, it is not worthwhile to KYC.I will continue to keep an eye on this thing, because I joined this project's airdrop too.

Did you or anyone calculate what exactly is the value of the airdrop? Because going through the whore harassing KYC torture has a cost too - in terms of lost time, and we should really judge if it is worth it or not.

BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 02:36:11 PM

Actually I keep seeing "ICO VIDEOS AND ICO THIS" but it says on their twitter they DO NOT HAVE AN ICO so whoever is out there with the ICO for this group is stealing.

Airdrop? It appears you would have had to submit by Jan 10 to be eligible. For now it looks like new people are SOL.

I keep seeing their telegram spammed like crazy but reading the comments shows that people are just asking questions with no answers.

This almost reminds me of a club that has a huge line going around the block yet the club is DEAD inside. The fees for entry is around $100 to get in and the music is terrible. lol

Still the marketing plan is genius because all of those people are sitting in that Telegram waiting for scraps to fall their way.

Besides I'm in U.S. so I wouldn't be able to participate in an ICO anyways.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
angjosh

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

Well, guys got their poly in their wallets..one person cannot decide due to bad experience the whole project is scam. My thoughts.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:04:13 PM

Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!
I understand your disappointment, but I think you're exaggerating, since most of my friends got their tokens, as they promised. But cases with verification of KYC are quite common both in ICO and in airdrop.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:30:50 PM

I also got my tokens and am really happy to be part of this project. I understand that KYC can be frustrating for some but it seems to me that Polymath really just tries to comply with regulatory requirements here.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

It’s just terrible. There are so many skams and hacker attacks + all these collapses of coins and an incomprehensible situation with the Chinese regulation of the market. Many who leave the crypt, but all this is not for weaklings!
Nboramir

Activity: 538

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

there are many ICO and airdrop KYC verification already available. Maybe I'm too relaxed. However, I did not encounter any harm. I won $ 300 and I do not regret it.
gowron24

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

Hi, I have it from a fried who partially worked for them: don't invest into it, as the developer team is amateurish. So just a heads up here.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:00:12 PM

Hi, I have it from a fried who partially worked for them: don't invest into it, as the developer team is amateurish. So just a heads up here.

Could you be a bit more specific? What do you mean by saying anateurish? What did your friend do for POLY? So far it seems to me that everything was handled quite professionally.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:36:07 PM

for me registration has completed successfully, hope I may get airdrop tokens by Feb 1st week
It's 10 Feb and still not receiving any tokens even i successfully completed the verification ID. From where you got that date that it is not mentioned in their official channels?
Even the project is professionally managed but i didn't watch any good rate of it in the sites that rate projects. They collect a lot of personal information and people start thinking about a scam attack.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:51:02 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 06:20:53 AM by aussiesloth

It's 10 Feb and still not receiving any tokens even i successfully completed the verification ID. From where you got that date that it is not mentioned in their official channels?
Even the project is professionally managed but i didn't watch any good rate of it in the sites that rate projects. They collect a lot of personal information and people start thinking about a scam attack.

If you don't have your POLY yet, then I'm guessing you didn't get into the first 40k people, who were the ones eligible for that airdrop.  There were LOTS of people who joined after the 40k.  Chances are you maybe one of them.

OR... you didn't signup correctly, gave wrong info

OR... you didn't pass KYC.

For me, I got my POLY over 10 days ago.

As for the people calling SCAM on this... did you read/watch any of the materials available?  It has solid backing.  As for the delays, did you realise it was the KYC-providers system that failed to cope with 40K eager applicants at pretty much the same time.

For people complaining about KYC... welcome to the new world of crypto regulations, particularly for US-based companies.  Get used to it, or avoid them.

And they were free FFS. Stop whining people!
RensVgb

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:11:07 PM

I joined the airdrop, got my 250 tokens from it. Worked fine for me as well. You probably forgot something due to which you didn't receive yours.
nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:20:45 PM

KYC isn't the best thing to hit this Earth but it doesn't necessarily mean a scam. All it truly means is all the personal information of those who submitted is most likely on a centralized server. You should be worried about a hack, not a SCAM in this spot.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:38:37 PM

got my 250 tokens, surely be worth 2500$'s at some point in the future, not bad for heehaw
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:50:42 PM

KYC isn't the best thing to hit this Earth but it doesn't necessarily mean a scam. All it truly means is all the personal information of those who submitted is most likely on a centralized server. You should be worried about a hack, not a SCAM in this spot.

In that case you need to submit your personal information because Polymath provided a KYC system some people right now not receiving their token and accucasing poly as a scam.
By the way Im currently received a 250 poly from their airdrop hoping it can have a good value soon.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:45:26 AM

You have a point, but uploading a very confidential document is a bad idea, during my KYC process in Polymath Airdrop, I uploaded just a simple I.D like driver's license an Expired one lol. I was surprised after filling out their 2nd registration they said wait and you will get your 250 POLYMATH tokens. I waited and received. Now im holding them.
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:19:54 AM

Going through a KYC process to get airdrop tokens is insane. The value of tokens is too low to submit personal documents.
whofeelsitknowsit (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:48:25 AM

Don't waste your time with these amateurs.

They super hyped airdrop got everyone excited.  First they delayed the release of their KYC instructions.  Then they took the KYC site down for two days while they "cleared a backlog." They've brought it back now, but they changed the rules.  Half the people who signed up are being told their wallet addresses are not registered.  And now you can only complete the KYC process by submitting a copy of your passport (drivers licenses and/or other government IDs will no longer be accepted).

Many of us spent hours trying to get approved for the airdrop.  I know I did.  What a huge waste of time!

I hope this project fails.  These guys are real scumbags.  Stay away!
I understand your disappointment, but I think you're exaggerating, since most of my friends got their tokens, as they promised. But cases with verification of KYC are quite common both in ICO and in airdrop.

If you bothered to read the thread, you’d see I recanted. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:51:33 AM

The only reason to kyc is for future growth price
At current rate surely it makes no sense
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/polymath-network/btc

Did anyone here remembered stellar airdrop or bitcoin cash? Market no rational