Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:44:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b)  (Read 12712 times)
galactic123

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 04:12:12 PM

Do these big mining hardware actually turn in a profit? Even in countries with very low cost electricity? I mean, every few months (at most) there is a new miner that blasts out of the water earlier ones, and all come with a hefty price tag.  Like maybe one year ago a 100GH miner was good and now is kind of junk...

eCredit, a WAVES Platform token. Rewards and more. Main site: eCreditCoin.Net
greenfailure

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:39:15 PM

Do these big mining hardware actually turn in a profit? Even in countries with very low cost electricity? I mean, every few months (at most) there is a new miner that blasts out of the water earlier ones, and all come with a hefty price tag.  Like maybe one year ago a 100GH miner was good and now is kind of junk...

I have made profit on every single miner i've ever purchased - including bitmain d3, s7, s9, and GPUs.

My A3's are on track to get into profit running for about 60-70 days realistically.

Its really all about just holding the coins you mine and selling them at a future date in a lump sum, as opposed to selling on the market as you mine.

Owner/Operator of LARGEST Greater Toronto Area mining operation.

BUY BITCOIN
Tekno2020

Activity: 262

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:34:09 PM

I have made profit on every single miner i've ever purchased - including bitmain d3, s7, s9, and GPUs.

My A3's are on track to get into profit running for about 60-70 days realistically.

Its really all about just holding the coins you mine and selling them at a future date in a lump sum, as opposed to selling on the market as you mine.

+1

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
glosed

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:11:59 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

https://i.imgur.com/gOl1xAx.png
alpha-miner

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:42:43 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

My theory with drop in difficulty lately it's my initial A3 buyers decided to sell the units on ebay etc and the units were not running while being shipped. Now they are all coming back online and difficultly will return.
indifferent

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:28:11 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

My theory with drop in difficulty lately it's my initial A3 buyers decided to sell the units on ebay etc and the units were not running while being shipped. Now they are all coming back online and difficultly will return.

The drop in difficulty was due to block times.  This spike, whatever it is, is equivalent to 3600ish A3's being turned on.
Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:27:15 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

The drop in difficulty was due to block times.  This spike, whatever it is, is equivalent to 3600ish A3's being turned on.

Yes. Confirm the calculation of ~ 3400-3600 A3s coming online within very short timeframe, ie. 2hrs. If this is the source, then only one capable of that is BM.

~The Annointed One~ 
glosed

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:36:26 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

The drop in difficulty was due to block times.  This spike, whatever it is, is equivalent to 3600ish A3's being turned on.

Yes. Confirm the calculation of ~ 3400-3600 A3s coming online within very short timeframe, ie. 2hrs. If this is the source, then only one capable of that is BM.

There's been a decent amount of speculation as to why Bitmain is selling batch 2 at such low prices. Look at what Halong Mining claims*** to do (they still have not shipped a single unit of their SHA256 miner to date so this is very TBD) with a miner that can hash SHA256 at 16TH/s, slightly higher than the S9. If they are now claiming that they have a Sia miner at 3.5TH, I would not be surprised if Bitmain has an "A3+", "A5", whatever you want to call it around the corner. I don't think Bitmain is dumping stock because of the SC1, I don't think they're dumping because of the B52... I think they've been able to massively iterate over their first Blake2b miner and are going to crank the game up a few notches here soon.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:32:52 AM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

There's been a decent amount of speculation as to why Bitmain is selling batch 2 at such low prices. Look at what Halong Mining claims*** to do (they still have not shipped a single unit of their SHA256 miner to date so this is very TBD) with a miner that can hash SHA256 at 16TH/s, slightly higher than the S9. If they are now claiming that they have a Sia miner at 3.5TH, I would not be surprised if Bitmain has an "A3+", "A5", whatever you want to call it around the corner. I don't think Bitmain is dumping stock because of the SC1, I don't think they're dumping because of the B52... I think they've been able to massively iterate over their first Blake2b miner and are going to crank the game up a few notches here soon.

Well, I can only claim, that Bitmain is 'likely up to something' they constantly surprise me with their attics...since they yanked my miners off the eastshore.xyz truck last summer to

mine them for 6 weeks to stop seg witness on LTC! On a firmware problem.....they showed up with Jan 2017 firmware...rather than supposed Jun 2018 fix.. lol ...did not even try to justify

their lie, with the simple step of changing the date!

So yeah, I am sure Bitmain is up to something *you don't make 2.3 billion last year on miners  w/o 'real' evil skills)

bitmain: we got the evil skills ...if you got the evil greed....lets do this!  (bitmain: its always a trap!) (tm bitmain)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:26:56 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 04:34:36 PM by ThunderCatSteve

SIA hash difficulty has started increasing a lot since the launch of AntMiner A3
LeoTheLazy

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

does anyone use the cooler funnel method to cool/silence their A3 or other asic?

if you do, can precipitation like snow/rain or even dust particles affect the miner if the intake is sucking these things from your window?
Tekno2020

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

Holy hashrate, Bitmain!

They are trying to beat everyone to market and unload stock.  They can manufacture 16nm ASIC miners at under $500 cost,,,, so they are hugely profitable. My speculation is they are trying to clear out warehouses to make room for new models to be available mid-year.

~The Annointed One~ 
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:44:42 PM

does anyone use the cooler funnel method to cool/silence their A3 or other asic?

if you do, can precipitation like snow/rain or even dust particles affect the miner if the intake is sucking these things from your window?

I've read that these don't like dust.  That is why you should consider some type of filter on the intake side.  The odd looking thing you were asking me about a few day ago -- air filter.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
alpha-miner

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:06:10 AM

I got all xxxxxxx on hash board today. Rebooted and came online fine. At the time hw errors we're in the 70k on all 3 boards. Maybe it simply hit temp limit and shutdown? Now the board that shutdown is considerably lower in hw errors. My l3+ runs for weeks without a single hw error. I get the feeling bitmain rushed these and overclock them.
glosed

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:31:27 AM

I got all xxxxxxx on hash board today. Rebooted and came online fine. At the time hw errors we're in the 70k on all 3 boards. Maybe it simply hit temp limit and shutdown? Now the board that shutdown is considerably lower in hw errors. My l3+ runs for weeks without a single hw error. I get the feeling bitmain rushed these and overclock them.

If you underclock to 575 your HW errors will practically vanish.
alpha-miner

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:39:46 AM

If you underclock to 575 your HW errors will practically vanish.

Very helpful! Thank you.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:48:03 AM

I kinda of want to buy a A3 but have to wait till march than whats the roi going to be so im debating buying or dumping 1000 in sia any words of wisdom
matrixx

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:51:03 AM

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020180116164357365a2ljX8gx06D3

Looks like 815GH/s with Blake(2b) using 1275W. Starting at $2375/each. Depending on the calculator, having 1 right now would earn between $200 and $475 per day. Obviously, those numbers can change a lot before you actually get one in-hand.

Also: https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/953498092841590784

"We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the Antminer A3, a new Antminer model to mine cryptocurrencies using the hashing algorithm Blake(2b).
The actual price and option to buy will be available here https://[Suspicious link removed]/12WLPp  after 2:30PM (17 Jan, GMT+8)."

-Bitmain

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2guwhuv.jpg

Interesting Money making machine.  When it will be put on sale ?
dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:53:46 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 09:24:58 AM by dt8666

Any opinion on the best way to solve this:

After mining for a while solely via Siamining pool. I notice short of 2k+ SC. So I check and match all the transaction and found 2 tx are not into my local wallet.

But I do see from the explorer that this 2 tx are done and also have my wallet address.

My wallet are synced and no error. But just not seen these 2 tx in my transaction record. I dont think SM will care much as their tx shows it was done!

Anyway I can retrieve this missing 2K?

Hope anyone can help:

1. should I load another wallet and import the private key?
2. if the explorer shows the tx is there, does it means the 2K+ SC is there in the blockchain and not missing?

Just checking if anyone have the best and easy way for me to recover this missing 2K+ SC.

Thanks

ignore, I will just reload the wallet with old seed. Thanks
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

If anyone's interested in the recent concern of their bitmain antminer a3's offgassing excess formaldehyde I tested mine along with the rest of my farm and a couple rigs in my house today

https://youtu.be/c2fAXflLZwU

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: