Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:01:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts for Bitcoin while it's down?  (Read 900 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:26:22 PM

By doing this you are assuming that the rise in the bitcoin price will be able to generate enough profits for your loss in altcoins. Most altcoins are connected to bitcoins in one way or the other, so a decrease in the bitcoin price will definitely have an effect on the altcoin prices, and since altcoins are priced lower than bitcoins, the rise of bitcoin will generate more profits for investments in altcoins than bitcoins in most cases.
For now, a good way to even have more of the bitcoins is to buy into some alts right now. Once bitcoin starts consolidating, some of them may start having some good momentum and with that you can be making some huge profit in your BTC holding pending when BTC bull run will start.

There has been a huge correction for the whole market and for some coins with potential, now is the time to go in on some of them.
Dujeff3300

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:11:55 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

This is not advisable since possible growth from promising altcoins is way bigger than the BTC. Also diversification will give you hedge from risk of losing. Focusing only on BTC will give you to option either winning or losing.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:40:45 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?
It's hard to take a step especially if you do not really know something. So you need to think about it and study it. So my advice is just Hold up until the prices of your altcoins rise again. The market is just flactuating! So Buy Low sell High is what you do.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:20:59 PM

indeed all the coin is now down but for me myself I put my Altcoin because I prefer to hold Altcoin for some time until the market returns to normal.
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:31:12 PM

Hahaha, sell low and buy high, you will be rekted, at this time you should just hold on to your portfolio, if you have extra funds, look for good projects you believe have great potentials and buy more of the tokens, otherwise, just wait for the coast to clear.

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:31:36 PM

I learned my lession last year when bitcoin went on its bull run and draw fuel for it from alts,i was still in profits compared to $ price of alts but lost way more in btc:alts ratio if i just hodl bitcoin.If you have alts i would sell them for btc and just wait for the next btc bull run
thescimitarr

Activity: 117
Merit: 6

FREE VPS. Check Signature for link

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:33:14 PM

I don't think this is a good idea because with the rise in the price of bitcoin, the price of altcoin will also increase. Instead, I think investing in altcoin will earn you more.

FREE 100$ USD Credits for Cloud Mining. [https://m.do.co/c/8b29898f1cb6]Register here![/url] FREE Virtual Private Server
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:33:49 PM

Doesn't make any sense bc everything is down with it and as btc rises so will the alts you sold to buy it. And with that said, the alts will probably raise higher % wise due to basic scaling.
dimkainvest

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:35:59 PM

At the moment I would just hold Bitcoins and wait. Bitcoin will grow and will cost more than 30k, but it takes time.

paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:37:29 PM

You want to buy red and sell green. In this instance, I would just HODL. That being said, it is always good to have a diversified portfolio. In other words, only sell if you feel a strong need to rebalance your portfolio - regardless of where the market is.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

It's hard to take a step especially if you do not really know something. So you need to think about it and study it. So my advice is just Hold up until the prices of your altcoins rise again. The market is just flactuating! So Buy Low sell High is what you do.
Yes now market dropped if you sell any of your altcoins you will get the loss. So just hold it and wait for some movement definitely after few months market will grow. if you can buy more alts and store it but don't sell.
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:47:04 PM

If you ask me,or any whales or technical traders in what is the best thing to do when BTC is down,they will answer the same as mine,
You should be buying more in the dips,do not let the community makes you FOMO,buy cheap alts in the dips and wait for the market to stabilize so you can have easy gains,believe me weak hands always lose in the market and holders always win so be patient and hodl.
CJNCRYPTO

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:26:49 PM

Bitcoin collapse when taking altcoins is a great behavior. It's a big win. The crisis will definitely end. Erdem sahibi investors will earn money for knowing not to wait. The best time to sell altcoin is the over-bought periods of other investors.
Youre right makes sense.
FreeHamster

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:51:27 PM

It can be so hard to tell whether or not to hold onto the altcoins or go into bitcoin - it's so much pot luck ultimately, unless there is some sort of killer app for the altcoin that would really make it shine compared with bitcoin. The fact that so many of the cryptocurrencies move in tandem with each other is a bit disconcerting though.

EGEM an exciting community driven project based on Ethereum network. Find out more at discord.egem.io or egem.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: