Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts for Bitcoin while it's down?  (Read 900 times)
BitCaptcha (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:23:41 AM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 08:25:24 AM

if you are an experienced trader then yes you can add vast amounts to your stack..

if you aren't then no - HODL and ride it out.  Noobs lose funds left right and center in a bloodbath. if you believe in your portfolio then HODL go for a swim and come back in 2 weeks

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:28:27 AM

I would not do that. I am holding few promising coins, and while they did decrease in $$ value, I am up about 20% in btc. When btc rises back up (and it will soon), I will be up more than if I had sold all and bought btc in this dip.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:30:33 AM

If your Altcoin has not taken too much hit already,  and provided your Altcoin is not ethereum of course you can sell your Altcoin for Bitcoin.  If your Altcoin is ether however it will be a big mistake if you sell.

enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:30:44 AM

I guess that's your decision in speculation on crypto. I think it's too risky to sell all your altcoin, because not necessarily the value will be greater. but if you have tried to analyze it is your thing.
xiaopang11

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:45:57 AM

At this time, I will not sell my bitcoin, I believe the market will return to normal, the bitcoin will be normal, we continue to hold, the loss will soon recover, don't worry.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?

If you could sell it by setting a stoploss at 5% or 10% it is acceptable but it is not a good choice to sell when sharp fall is already completed and it is about to recover. everybody start to collect alts now, if you sell your altcoins, you  will be lost 2 times.
alexpayne

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:55:49 AM

I will not reccommend to do that, altcoins are affected by Bitcoin and Bitcoin is being pressed down by whales. Do not sell anything, this time is perfect to buy more

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:57:58 AM

I would not do that. I am holding few promising coins, and while they did decrease in $$ value, I am up about 20% in btc. When btc rises back up (and it will soon), I will be up more than if I had sold all and bought btc in this dip.
This is the best way to look at the value of your alts when bitcoin is like this because whilst the USD value may look horrible the btc value is not as bad.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:59:40 AM

Dont sell any tokens you are holding while its down, especially those under the ico price, if the market doesnt crash, the price will rise very soon.

ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

I see this strategy for people who really wants to invest more in butcoin but they do not have the resources or money to buy, their last resort would be selling their altcoins for bitcoin. This is not so wrong since it is your strategy, but if I were you, I would sell only some but not all. I would still want to see them all pump together.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
norashing

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 09:01:47 AM

i think you should not to sell altcoin right now! You sell it will go to moon Grin Grin Grin

rh154c0d3

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:33:14 AM

if I were you, I will hold it all. I'm not a coin trader but for investment generally, I will hold all coins because I've seen the prices of bitcoin and altcoins rise and fall together. I'd rather try to hold all coins and collecting more and more for assets.
In the other side, If I think that I'm a trader, maybe yes that buying bitcoin using altcoins when all prices in low position is the best thing to do because bitcoin has highest price. it's just an opinion from a newbie like me.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

I'm not saying the price can't go down any further because it can. Looking at a weekly time frame, bitcoin is trying to hold support at $10k, if it fails to hold this level, and since there is no clear support level beneath it, I would say it could go down to $8, or even $5k. All of these events are possible, but things keep changing, and only experience traders can analyze the markets and make these decisions on the fly, and even they make a lot of mistakes.

I would say that the wise decision for most people that can afford it, is to hold their coins during this time. If you believe in the potencial of crypto, specially bitcoin, you should believe that bitcoin is here to stay, so these prices are very low if BTC ever gets real adoption. So holding is the best decision.

The same thing goes for alts since they are connected to bitcoin. The only reason they are falling if because bitcoin is falling as well. As soon as bitcoin starts recovering, so will alts.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

shidannv

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:45:45 AM

If the price is higher than that you buy, it is a good idea. If not, i think you hd better hold them. Though it is a good time to buy bitcoin, it still needs a lot of money to buy enough. And if you will lose you money by selling the alts, it's not a good idea.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:06:19 PM

No you have nothing to do with your altcoins and bitcoin just hold on and wait for the right time comes i think it takes a month before will back to normal price, if you are going to sell that know you have already your lost be patience and hold don't panic when the price was down. Besides if you have enough now a fund it's better invest them all while the price was dump in the crypto marketcap. Grab these opportunities now.

But still the decision is your's.

LancelotRay

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:07:30 PM

I'd recommend just being patient and wait for the coins to go up again. Don't be reckless.
davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

Why should I sell my alts now? I would just loose money. Hold and buy more if you got the money!
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:16:42 PM

I think now the market in whipsaws. High quality assets will stick to the end in this round. Inferior assets will withdraw from the market. So, as much as possible to have and hold worth investing in the encrypted currency.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
LeroyBro

Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:18:57 PM

Sell? If anything buy more and hold on to what you got! At least that's what I'd do, gotta wait for the crash to pass by and then you can sell high.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: