Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:43:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts for Bitcoin while it's down?  (Read 900 times)
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

I think the best advice always comes from the stock market - although you can't really compare the two - always sell when it's rising and keep when it's going down.

Also, from what I noticed it really depends on the amount of coins you have. If you have a lot of low priced coins those could easily triple or quadruple but BTC can go much less than double at this time.
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

Do not sell your alts for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will recover slower. Mostly because of the price, but because of the high transaction fees, as well.

dimkainvest

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:33:23 PM

I think now it is not necessary to sell altcoins and buy bitcoin. Because altcoins fell in price more than bitcoin. You will be profitable.

Rudementry

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:39:28 PM

if you are an experienced trader then yes you can add vast amounts to your stack..

if you aren't then no - HODL and ride it out.  Noobs lose funds left right and center in a bloodbath. if you believe in your portfolio then HODL go for a swim and come back in 2 weeks

Yes I agree. So that during the decline of the general market, something to sell or buy needs a very large experience. I understand that you do not have experience. Since you would not have asked this question now. Just stay away, do nothing. Wait until the market returns to normal operation. It's all not for long.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:45:14 PM

I wouldn't recommend you to do it..It is dangerous and there is the chance the price goes up again and will never back down and you will be forced to buy coins by more high prices if they are worth to you. So, if you want to sell, just don't sell everything, sell just 40-50% percent of holdings , don't be greedy , that will save you from global money losses.

jack107

Activity: 207

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:45:25 PM

Buy all of the alts you can. I would get into ITC. Underrated coin atm that is known as the IOTA of china. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
Gabb

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:47:28 PM

I do not see any sense in selling your bitcoins at the lowest price that has been observed in recent days to change it for some of the multiple altcoins that have emerged and will continue to emerge throughout the year. I would prefer to continue buying more bitcoin, and I would sell the altcoin with better performance throughout this terrible red days.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

If you did that for bitcoin when it was around $9,900 then you have earned already but if you have faith to your portfolio since it is your coins that you whom chosen then just keep on holding.

Do not sell your alts for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will recover slower. Mostly because of the price, but because of the high transaction fees, as well.
It's recovering now.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:10:05 PM

time to buy as much as you can for the rise. If you're looking for a low buy-in, look into ITC. Very good coin that is known as the IOTA of china. https://iotchain.io/
Quidat

Activity: 2590
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:13:27 PM

If you did that for bitcoin when it was around $9,900 then you have earned already but if you have faith to your portfolio since it is your coins that you whom chosen then just keep on holding.

It's recovering now.
It is indeed recovering as of now which most people who did buy cheap coins on those dips are now smiling seeing on the profits that they made on a short period of time.This is the advantage if we do see those dips as opportunities to buy even more because those chances which we can barely able to see that's why we should not hesitate to buy even more because sooner or later coins prices will really recover no matter what just like on the thing we are seeing as of now.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?
I prefer to hold it. Selling altcoin while their  prices and bitcoin currently drops is a big mistake, because with those altcoin, you have to get a lot of profit once the price goes up again. You will benefit to sell altcoin to btc plus more profit to sell btc to usd.
carrymentality

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:19:24 PM

I will not reccommend to do that, altcoins are affected by Bitcoin and Bitcoin is being pressed down by whales. Do not sell anything, this time is perfect to buy more

I agree. I think that even though that might seem to be a good move since most, if not, all coins are going down in value, like the above-stated reply, I will not support selling all altcoins, maybe 50% will do to just have capital to buy and stack some bitcoin for future use. You should keep those coins that may yield good profit potential if you have them in your portfolio.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:05:34 PM

It's recovering now.
It is indeed recovering as of now which most people who did buy cheap coins on those dips are now smiling seeing on the profits that they made on a short period of time.This is the advantage if we do see those dips as opportunities to buy even more because those chances which we can barely able to see that's why we should not hesitate to buy even more because sooner or later coins prices will really recover no matter what just like on the thing we are seeing as of now.
They aren't just smiling but they are celebrating and probably they are tapping their desk on how lucky they are for buying at dip. That's the lesson that everyone will soon going to understand that they must take the advantage during dip times. No need to take actions but to hold and if possible take as many coins as you can at the slashed price from the latest price before it goes to dip. And taking the advantage, right now it's also a good time to take profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:18:21 PM

Its not a good idea to sell your coins for BTC,you will be rekt if the bitcoin goes wild again,the best thing to do is to keep the solid altcoins and stick with them while BTC is moving wildly few hours from now the market will recover fast and you will realize that im right to hold your solid alts than to sell them for BTC.

bakulgarem

Activity: 361

BIB Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:41:45 PM

for my own I still hold it for some time until back setabil.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TechPI

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:06:49 AM

Did you account for how much will be your txn fee? to shape shift across each coin and then cash out?
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:13:46 AM

I know everything is down right now.. especially Bitcoin.. Should we sell our alts for Btc and rebuy when it rises again or is it much for muchness?
I think we should not sell alt for btc. etherum has started to rise, and if we do not have a lot balance of alt, selling it to btc is not the right thing because the value exchange of alt to btc is still low, better hold it.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:26:03 AM

btc will be normal and raise up again. why should u sell it when btc down? just hold in for a while.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:33:36 AM

If you ask me,or any whales or technical traders in what is the best thing to do when BTC is down,they will answer the same as mine,
You should be buying more in the dips,do not let the community makes you FOMO,buy cheap alts in the dips and wait for the market to stabilize so you can have easy gains,believe me weak hands always lose in the market and holders always win.

mhine07

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:39:41 AM

For me i would not sell all my altcoins that i am holding. I will just leave it all in my portfolio even if all of them are down. Buying bitcoin now is expensive even the value is going down. And it won't last long , all altcoins and bitcoin will be back on track again and all their value will go up again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: