Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin get to drop to $5,000 and below in 2018  (Read 13502 times)
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:34:30 PM

... That means that there is a lot of support at that level...

http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

Tether has issued 300M $ of USDT in the last 48 hours. This money
is used to prop up the cryptocurrency markets. I´d guess that without these
issuances the Bitcoin price would already trade much lower than 10000 $.
This was not genuine support at these levels, this was artificial liquidity
provided by Tether/Bitfinex.

Many people speculate that they were forced to inject more money, because an even
bigger plunge of the Bitcoin price would have caused a cascade of margin calls at Bitfinex.

So you're saying that instead of $100's of millions being paid into the system and used to buy Bitcoins you think the entire market is faked and completely fraudulent ?

If that is the case then it's not going to be worth $50, never mind $5,000
justbfa (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:27:29 AM

whenever prices fall we have to listen to things that I sometimes wonder why the hell some people are so pessimistic.

With the massive drop (bearish) in bitcoin in the past few days (January 2018)
Is it possible for the Bitcoin community to witness another bearish that can make bitcoin drop to $5,000 and below.

when the price was  $5000 you saw how many people knew the existence of bitcoin and how many people bought bitcoin? neither the futures nor many analysts and banks cared about the existence of btcoin as it does today, whether governments are imposing rules is why these governments know that bitcoin is worth something and that in itself means a lot, these setbacks involving regulation will be overcome, the problems of high transaction fee and the delay in confirmations will also be resolved with time, more countries and more rich people are buying bitcoin and this is already very good and makes us believe that in the future the price will be very high.

Kindly comment from the point of:
The power of the government and their regulation
vs
The oneness voice and power of the people (community) to withstand any unlawful regulations and manipulations

the government has a great power, but can not forget that the government is composed of people and if bitcoin gives some advantage to these people of the government then bitcoin will be regulated by that government, this is all a game of interests

... That means that there is a lot of support at that level...

http://omniexplorer.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

Tether has issued 300M $ of USDT in the last 48 hours. This money
is used to prop up the cryptocurrency markets. I´d guess that without these
issuances the Bitcoin price would already trade much lower than 10000 $.
This was not genuine support at these levels, this was artificial liquidity
provided by Tether/Bitfinex.

Many people speculate that they were forced to inject more money, because an even
bigger plunge of the Bitcoin price would have caused a cascade of margin calls at Bitfinex.

So you're saying that instead of $100's of millions being paid into the system and used to buy Bitcoins you think the entire market is faked and completely fraudulent ?

If that is the case then it's not going to be worth $50, never mind $5,000

I quite agree with you.
Though It's possible for bitcoin to be regulated in "SOME COUNTRIES" not all countries.
But bitcoin will always win.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:35:29 AM

Is it possible for the Bitcoin community to witness another bearish that can make bitcoin drop to $5,000 and below.

I agree 100%. the money will go to gold and silver when silver is $18/ounce
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:33:07 AM

The government look at this way : bitcoin causes money laundering and scam to happen more frequently and tracking people or organization involve in such case is hard to pursue, banning and regulating bitcoin can prevent this thing to happen and they can protect their people from such events.

vs

The oneness voice and power of the people (community) to withstand any unlawful regulations and manipulations

The people look at this way : The government always manipulate things, we want something that is decentralized to have more freedom, when it comes bitcoin, people who are aligned with bitcoin always say something negative about the government, nevertheless its always about the profit and with the regulation the profit will be lessen.

Even with these kind of views, the government regulations won't be enough to kill bitcoin. Yes, it has created some kind of impact back when South Korea and China has made some actions but as we can see, bitcoin is recovering. The great number of supporters for bitcoin has allowed it to remain at this certain price level and even with all the FUDs, it was resilient and able to recover. It's possible for the price to go down at $5000 but I don't think it will seeing this kind of support and recovery.

MidKnight

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

With continuous articles getting released and spread about crackdowns on crypto, I think yes. This people who are against bitcoin are taking this opportunity when it is defenseless but even if it drop to $5k by their efforts, it will bounce back easily.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:36:52 AM

With continuous articles getting released and spread about crackdowns on crypto, I think yes. This people who are against bitcoin are taking this opportunity when it is defenseless but even if it drop to $5k by their efforts, it will bounce back easily.

Actually, these articles have already done the maximum damage they could have done in my opinion. And that resulted in bitcoin barely reaching under $10k and when it did, people quickly bought their way back up to over $10k.

So for bitcoin to just drop to $5000 and below by these FUD articles, or regulations, i don't see it happening. Unless every single government in the orld decides to completely ban bitcoin, then bitcoin price will obviously crash.

But that's not going to happen, as we know. We're probably not over with the price hikes just yet. Remember we're still looking at $20k as a target here.

Smiley
justbfa (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:25:44 PM

Actually, these articles have already done the maximum damage they could have done in my opinion. And that resulted in bitcoin barely reaching under $10k and when it did, people quickly bought their way back up to over $10k.

So for bitcoin to just drop to $5000 and below by these FUD articles, or regulations, i don't see it happening. Unless every single government in the orld decides to completely ban bitcoin, then bitcoin price will obviously crash.

But that's not going to happen, as we know. We're probably not over with the price hikes just yet. Remember we're still looking at $20k as a target here.

Can we say all these FUD is an organized speculation from late Whales adopter from Westerns and Asians.

Just thinking.
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:55:52 PM

When the price was staggering around $15000 people were speculating that the price won't go low to $10000. But everything went upside down in a very small time period. In this regard anything could happen with a decentralized asset, we can support for growth but the rest happens on its own.
KobeBriant 24

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

Why are you all so super bearish right now? Just a month ago, you all were saying that bitcoin was a bless because the price increased towards $10,000.. And you you all are saying that it will drop?

Came one guys, you are the really meaning of being a hipocryte.

taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:24:38 AM

vs

Its possible in January as history do repeat itself in January for cryptocurrency when price of it use to drop drastically .....
CryptoBaxing

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:41:49 AM

Not being a hypocrite but it is dropping  Smiley So we will see what happens, no one really knows at this moment.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:34:52 AM

I definitely think btc can be sub $5,000 again, I don't know if this year or when, but I've said that when it was around $20,000. I don't base it off any speculation what bankers or the government would do, it's a combination of technicals as well as the fact there are so many better new coins out there today. Don't get me wrong, I still think long term bitcoin will do well as a store of value, but it will do gradually less well.

My bet for its lowest point is $9000. I suppose after the fall of the market of crypto currency, BTC will start going up and step by step it might reach even $25 thousand by the end of the year.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

vs

Its possible in January as history do repeat itself in January for cryptocurrency when price of it use to drop drastically .....

Many government try to stop the growth of bitcoin by considering of their economy.They will have some fear that bitcoin replace their own currency.If it happen entire country economy will collapsed.Bitcoin price will not reach 5000$ in this January.
justbfa (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:31:14 PM

vs

Many government try to stop the growth of bitcoin by considering of their economy.They will have some fear that bitcoin replace their own currency.If it happen entire country economy will collapsed.Bitcoin price will not reach 5000$ in this January.

It's happened to Zimbabweans last year.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:58:44 PM

vs

It's happened to Zimbabweans last year.

Obviously january is a bearish month. Its always been. Though i think 5k is a bit too low already and as we can see, bitcoin has strong support from 10k. If worse comes to worst, we probably will be seeing 8k but not lower. Too many people holding btc and government and media fuds won't be able to break that support

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
DMiracle1

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:38:59 PM

Let's hope not. That is way too low but we all know that the future of bitcoin is anything but certain. Given the way Bitcoin’s price has skyrocketed over the past year, it is very difficult to figure out its essential value. Up, down, down, up. As what i have read in some article, "the dominant Bitcoin price prediction was that Bitcoin would reach the $14,000 mark by mid-2018". This is more interesting than the $5,000 mark, right.
justbfa (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:01:11 PM

Let's hope not. That is way too low but we all know that the future of bitcoin is anything but certain. Given the way Bitcoin’s price has skyrocketed over the past year, it is very difficult to figure out its essential value. Up, down, down, up. As what i have read in some article, "the dominant Bitcoin price prediction was that Bitcoin would reach the $14,000 mark by mid-2018". This is more interesting than the $5,000 mark, right.

That's very interesting
All things are possible.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:40:24 PM

vs

Last year, there are already predictions coming from the media and some bitcoin analysts that bitcoin might plummet to $5000 level this year and then rise again to $20k. Others refuted that forecasts and might drop to only $8k. One thng is sure for me. bitcoin will always undergo a correction because it is part of the cryptocurrency behavior because of their volatility.
Imposing regulations, aside from sweeping ban, is one of the effective weapons of every government to control the proliferations of cryptocurrencies in their country.
In the past, people power are launched to regain freedom in their country, i doubt if they can do the same to cryptocurrencies to counter any abusive regulations and manipulations around the world.
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:49:43 PM

There are prediction last year that it will go higher than $20k and prediction that it will go lower in 4digit. If ever history repeat itself we're going to wait again few years to be able to see a high price again, hope it won't happen. That would cause a lot to a seller only like me though if you think $5k is still decent amount, but it was considering low because of the price we got last year.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:51:07 AM

I can surely say that I don't think we'll even see the price go below $8k and even less $5k. If you're going only by this drop, in january, remember that we had similar drops a few years back. This is normal, it's not a crypto apocalypse.

We've got a stable price and I'm more than ok with it. It's going to be raising above $20k this year for sure.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: