Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bitcoin will appreciate forever  (Read 20046 times)
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:53:30 AM

That's the best case scenario. Another great scenario is that after the halving the current value will multiply many times or more. However there are many others cases where Bitcoin can either disappear or become obsolete like others have mentioned.

With Bitcoin we should also be aware that scandals and scams are around the corner, a tech flaw or huge cyber heist can make Bitcoin look very bad and expose it. I'm not saying it has flaws, but we can't really know what will happen in 2 or 3 years.

This can open the door for newer technology, faster, better, etc. Hopefully Bitcoin is like the internet and continues to lives on through the years as the standard digital currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:44:21 AM

I am not very convinced if Bitcoin will appreciate forever for the simple fact that it may be substituted with better technology (coin) in say 10 years from here. That would mean most of the people who now use Bitcoin will slowly move to the new coin. It has not happened yet with altcoins as most of the projects were following bitcoin too closely. But you can't rule it out that we will soon see something capable of dethroning bitcoin and thus start to lose its value.

And that's mean now we can make new coin, and be stronger from bitcoin.
I think there would be at least 2,000 coin alt coin in 10 years later.

Everyone want to be the next Satoshi Nakamoto.  Wink
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:01:44 AM

the btc its very apreciated like its digital good a money trade coin like its forever well in my life time yes, will it be 300€ will it be 600 or 1200 we dont know but when you sell and when you buy its quick and very usefull for future trades some people just like to hold the coin im not im a investitor into goods i sell i buy but im very young in this as you can se by my activity the major issue here its will it stables per 2050 yes it holds but alt coins are not to be as good only doge and prob ltc will prevaill into good manners the other coins alt coins will be like a torbulent come and colapse because no one can trigger to a common value of better coin like it is now the btc its very usefull into markets and will be more after this faucet polutied opening of crime but the clean water will come and better and more investitors will come europe already acepts it and we will all see it even govs.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:00:59 AM

the btc its very apreciated like its digital good a money trade coin like its forever well in my life time yes, will it be 300€ will it be 600 or 1200 we dont know but when you sell and when you buy its quick and very usefull for future trades some people just like to hold the coin im not im a investitor into goods i sell i buy but im very young in this as you can se by my activity the major issue here its will it stables per 2050 yes it holds but alt coins are not to be as good only doge and prob ltc will prevaill into good manners the other coins alt coins will be like a torbulent come and colapse because no one can trigger to a common value of better coin like it is now the btc its very usefull into markets and will be more after this faucet polutied opening of crime but the clean water will come and better and more investitors will come europe already acepts it and we will all see it even govs.

All people start to know how to make good coin.
  • Make faucet
  • Start a group or forum
  • Marketing it globally
  • Need to choose a nice CEO or founder of the coin

Many altcoin cannot go as far as LTC because the founder not show themselves.
It's hardeasy to start new coin.

By the way start new coin mean you start to create your own fiat money. Build your own country!
And at the end it will go complex as fiat money as well.

I think bitcoin or (creator of bitcoin) can start some 'digital goverment' to control the altcoin madness. IMO
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:14:32 AM

I am not very convinced if Bitcoin will appreciate forever for the simple fact that it may be substituted with better technology (coin) in say 10 years from here. That would mean most of the people who now use Bitcoin will slowly move to the new coin. It has not happened yet with altcoins as most of the projects were following bitcoin too closely. But you can't rule it out that we will soon see something capable of dethroning bitcoin and thus start to lose its value.

And that's mean now we can make new coin, and be stronger from bitcoin.
I think there would be at least 2,000 coin alt coin in 10 years later.

Everyone want to be the next Satoshi Nakamoto.  Wink
There will be probably many more than 2000 altcoin in a 10 year span. look at the last two years how many we had. It is not about their numbers however. it is about the changes that they introduce. Out of plethora of coins in the last two years, you can count on the fingers of just one hand these that were truly innovative over bitcoin.
The rest was simply clones, or clones of clones, etc. That does not bring the development much further and thus the position of bitcoin stays for now unchallenged.

this space is intentionally left blank
Laketear

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:17:19 PM

If bitcoin becomes a widely used currency, the world population is till growing, more things are produced, bitcoin will appreciate.
JinxCoins

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:20:26 PM

Bitcoin will always be appreciated of bottom of my heart!  Cool
Coinminer11

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Never risk more than what you're willing to lose

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:38:45 PM

What about all the money daily that is put into btc? Wouldn't this make it appreciate for at least a long run?  It wouldn't make sense if it didn't appreciate, at least to me. Not counting GOX, since inception hasn't btc relatively been appreciating?

If you are reading this,  you have too much time on your hands hahaha! If you're still reading this consider sending me some btc to my wallet on my profile.  Pennies make dollars and dollars make my life more interesting.  Seriously though stop reading this! LOL
Laketear

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:52:42 PM

Bitcoin will always be appreciated of bottom of my heart!  Cool

The supply of bitcoin is limited, unlike US dollar or other currencies. So it will appreciate all the time.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:59:17 PM

• Make faucet
  • Start a group or forum
  • Marketing it globally

By the way start new coin mean you start to create your own fiat money. Build your own country!

I think bitcoin or (creator of bitcoin) can start some 'digital goverment' to control the altcoin madness. IMO

That is nonsense lol. Why would satoshi nakamoto (which is an anonymous figure and wants to stay anonymous) come out to try to control altcoins? How would he even control altcoins? that's ridiculous. Cryptocurrencies are free markets, no one can control them, there are too many colluding forces for a single player to play a deciding factor on its own.
frank26

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:03:14 PM

Bitcoin is appreciable as it has less fees while transfering larger or smaller amounts the same fees will be deducted.
Laketear

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

Bitcoin is appreciable as it has less fees while transfering larger or smaller amounts the same fees will be deducted.

There could be more fee if the block size does not increase. If you want fast transaction, you have to pay high fees.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:15:42 PM

• Make faucet
  • Start a group or forum
  • Marketing it globally

That is nonsense lol. Why would satoshi nakamoto (which is an anonymous figure and wants to stay anonymous) come out to try to control altcoins? How would he even control altcoins? that's ridiculous. Cryptocurrencies are free markets, no one can control them, there are too many colluding forces for a single player to play a deciding factor on its own.

It is not only ridiculous but goes against the very principles of a good crypto which should be open source and decentralized. By leaving altcoins fail by themselves, all that happens is it legitimizes Bitcoin even more. Every time an altcoin fails is yet another victory for Bitcoin and it just further proves that pretty much every crypto that isn't Bitcoin is not worth anyone's money.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

It is not only ridiculous but goes against the very principles of a good crypto which should be open source and decentralized. By leaving altcoins fail by themselves, all that happens is it legitimizes Bitcoin even more. Every time an altcoin fails is yet another victory for Bitcoin and it just further proves that pretty much every crypto that isn't Bitcoin is not worth anyone's money.

I wonder whether that registered anywhere in Satoshi's vision. I would've thought he'd be rather pleased if the idea had spread far and wide into multiple nooks and crannies. I guess he didn't account for clueless scumbags piling in with cloned coins.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:06:25 PM

I wonder whether that registered anywhere in Satoshi's vision. I would've thought he'd be rather pleased if the idea had spread far and wide into multiple nooks and crannies. I guess he didn't account for clueless scumbags piling in with cloned coins.

At every stage of a new technology's growth, you must try to anticipate how criminals and scammers will try to profit from it. 

This is why hollow clones of bitcoin are valueless and a new blockchain needs to offer significantly different/advanced features to try to legitimately compete with bitcoin proper.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
beepboopbeep

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:19:45 PM

The current trend of bitcoin is that is is appreciating. The big bubbles and bursts only affect the short term trends.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:06:33 AM

The current trend of bitcoin is that is is appreciating. The big bubbles and bursts only affect the short term trends.

Surely it will burst soon or later because at one shot prices went up more than 50% so I think there will be a correction soon.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:34:30 PM

There could be more fee if the block size does not increase. If you want fast transaction, you have to pay high fees.

but you can always choose at least, i may see the fee problem  with bitcoin, when the apprecciation will reach an enormous status, like trillion market cap, and fee will become relatively expensive
Laketear

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:46:54 PM

Surely it will burst soon or later because at one shot prices went up more than 50% so I think there will be a correction soon.

If the price stay here for a few weeks to consolidate, and then rises slowly, there will be no burst. But it is the human nature that we want the price rise very quickly.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:31:58 PM

You can't call this latest rise a bubble. Yes, we have gained nearly 50% but this ain't a bubble, especially if we know that Bitcoin was in a two year old bear trend and that the highest price was over $1,100 at the moment.

Now that rise to a $1,100 was a bubble. I would rather call current rise a recovery!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: