Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I invest $5000 in these altcoins?  (Read 507 times)
fred22 (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:45:34 PM

I’d like to invest $5000 for long term hold. Should I buy these altcoins? Please correct my list if I am not on the right track.
1-Ripple
2-Cardano
3-NEM
4-Litecoin
5-Ethereum classic
6-EOS
7-Vechain
8-0x

Thanks
GR92

Activity: 126
Merit: 90

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:47:47 PM

As for me,6-7-8 positions are strange)I wouldn't invest on this coin)But it's only my opinion)
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1504

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:48:25 PM

1-Ripple - Don't buy, it's a new toy of banksters.
2-Cardano - Feel neutral about it.
3-NEM - It's already priced, you are late to the party.
4-Litecoin - Looks like silver, acts like Silver.
5-Ethereum classic - Good investment
6-EOS - May be a good investment
7-Vechain - Great investment
8-0x - Great investment

Put your money in Vechain and 0x. Wink
ohlawdy

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:50:38 PM

People here will shill whatever coin is in their best interest .
You should do your own research on the projects you want to invest in , if you just follow what other people do you are not learning anything.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1504

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:52:22 PM

People here will shill whatever coin is in their best interest .
You should do your own research on the projects you want to invest in , if you just follow what other people do you are not learning anything.

He picked already good coins so he must have some knowledge. You can chime in, every opinion is good for him.

As for me,6-7-8 positions are strange)I wouldn't invest on this coin)But it's only my opinion)

You must be new here, go search those coins. They are legit projects.
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

For long term Ripple is not a good choice ethereum or litecoin(its in your list) could be better. EOS and 0x is one of the best choices in your list. I like ethereum classic it is another good choice. I would suggest you to invest in 4-5 coins instead of 8.

killcoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:54:33 PM

i think that is too much to risk. invest what you can loss
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

What do you mean? It is fine, that is a huge amount of money and he needs to diversify, but yes, i understand your point in here, diversifying in more than five altcoins is a lot of money if you have less than 10 thousand dollars. Anyway, he wants to buy good coins, so it is a nice deal after all.
You really need to add Elixir to your portfolio.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

No

a few are okay most are dog shit

fred22 (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:58:38 PM

No

a few are okay most are dog shit
Which ones are ok ?
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:00:43 AM

Cardano and 0x Token are awesome. You should also add Aion!

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:05:52 AM

I’d like to invest $5000 for long term hold. Should I buy these altcoins? Please correct my list if I am not on the right track.
1-Ripple
2-Cardano
3-NEM
4-Litecoin
5-Ethereum classic
6-EOS
7-Vechain
8-0x

Thanks

If i were you,im going to split the $5000 into atleast 3 coins,in your list the one i am holding are ADA,LTC,ETC,i followed these project from their ICO days and the developers are pretty good and the technology behind these 3 are excellent,i exclude XRP and NEM,because XRP is a centralized coin by the bankers,NEM has a lot of pumps and dumps and its too obvious that the founders are just getting profits from it.

robhimself1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Missing the boat again

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:08:44 AM

Only buy coins named after animals. Dogecoin and Clams are the way to go!   Tongue

Seriously though, people can speculate, but if a coin was known to be a winner and worth a higher price, it would be up to that price already. Everything else is just guessing, but there are some trends you can look at that can help you.

My original account "robhimself" was hijacked!
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:12:23 AM

1-Ripple (not in the short term, buy it if it sells down further. btw R3 consortium is not obliged to use XRP as the currency for inter-bank transfer)
2-Cardano (good coin but it has already gone up plenty. Furthermore its tech is not quite proven)
3-NEM (...ok)
4-Litecoin (...need some good news before it can ho back up again. All depends on Charlie Lee and he has been saying LTC is too expensive)
5-Ethereum classic (great future.. Vitalik is saying good things about it now)
6-EOS (not bad)
7-Vechain (good potential)
8-0x (good potential)

What about adding NEO to your list?

Also add some privacy coins to your list. The most undervalued being Xspec.

Privacy coins will become more and more valuable as more and more governments add on their regulations

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:45:24 AM

You're looking for long term investments, but what is long term for a cryptocurrency and what is long term for you? Bitcoin and Litecoin have been there since the beginning but for example Ethereum didn't take off until 2017. Now it's taken the 2nd spot. At the same time I think 90% of the coins made before 2016 went nowhere. Time flies in crypto, a new coin may arise and take the place of coins you thought were long term investments.

Then there's the question whether crypto is a suitable investment at all, especially now many nation's leaders want to put an end to it.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:48:57 AM

1-Ripple
2-Cardano
3-NEM
4-Litecoin
5-Ethereum classic
6-EOS
7-Vechain
8-0x

Thanks

I think all decision is yours and i think you have done the reserch before enter your altcoins here.
I know that above is your choice but actually in my own, i dont like to invest in ripple. I leave that coin from my portofolio because its centralized altcoin.
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:01:46 AM

Your lost is good except for some i am not quite familiar with. Ripple is good for long term investment, value not too high but insee potential in the coin. Eth, on the other hand, is a good choice and is actually growing in value; best option if you are investing in altcoins. Litecoin and nem are both good coins for long term investment. The rest i am not quite familiar with but if i may suggest, i recommend avt. Avt is a bit new but it really has a good project and i see great potential on the coin.

lilly.sastry

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:15:29 AM

I want to buy next coins: I am wating them from late of Dec 2017. Now I think is the best moment.

1-Ripple
2-Cardano
3-NEM
4-Litecoin
5-Ethereum classic

wisdomcn

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:15:27 AM

As at now, for my best knowledge when it comes to altcoins. It is more profitable at long time investment, what I mean here is that when you buy any altcoin that have future, it will profit you more when you hold it for long time. So each of this altcoin will profit you if you invest in them and hold it for long time.

kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:29:46 AM

If there is such an opportunity, then of course it is worth investing, because the proposed list is not bad, but I think that it would be possible to add the Waves project, although of course this is your business and you decide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: