Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:06:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe Josh Zerlan uses sockpuppet accounts?
Yes
No
There is no maybe option!

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In their defense, BF Labs Inc. has excellent Customer Service.  (Read 7488 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:00:07 PM

If Mouth-Full-Of Earth is a Josh sockpuppet, he is literally the greatest long conman in history, IMO.

Please, I've met much better. He just has an unbelievably stupid audience.
Well, if you say so. I would say the effort he went through to set up the MFOE account is pretty impressive if it really was a sock puppet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:00:18 PM

If Mouth-Full-Of Earth is a Josh sockpuppet, he is literally the greatest long conman in history, IMO.

Well, if you say so. I would say the effort he went through to set up the MFOE account is pretty impressive if it really was a sock puppet.

I'm not following you, MrTeal. The effort consisted of two mundane posts. An effort would consist of a dozen, albeit a lame effort.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:10:09 PM

I'm not following you, MrTeal. The effort consisted of two mundane posts. An effort would consist of a dozen, albeit a lame effort.
Not really. MFOE has also bought chips through my group buy and planned to have boards made, so unless Josh has gone to all the trouble of setting up remailing addresses and purchasing his own chips from other people at what I can only assume is a much greater cost than he'd pay at BFL he's probably not a sockpuppet. His two posts haven't done any promoting of BFL at all, so that seems like a lot of work for no real benefit.

Don't let me stop you from your investigations though.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:21:51 PM

If you keep this shit up adding no constructive discourse to this forum, I'll either make it my personal mission in life to get you banned from this forum or I'll leave this forum in protest for them allowing trolling.  I have no problem with you but your seriously acting like a fucking OCD patient in a psyche ward.

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST.

@Therymos Can we please give this guy a warning or a ban or something?

I really think this is your (our) best course of action.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:25:30 PM

No, that confirms that you're an idiot.  It also confirms there is an "edit shout" button in the shoutbox.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand simple concepts like an "edit" button or anything, since advanced concepts like general understanding of the world around you are so far beyond you as to be laughable.  By all means, continue to show what a moron you are.

BFL_Josh : I think I hit hte wrong key when I was replying and it sent as him... not sure how that's possible

Really? An edit shout button? The button you supposedly didn't know existed until after you had to explain your sock puppetry?
First a 2 month delay in Monarch 3 days after you announce it, then you get caught with a sock puppet.

What is that?

Josh Zerlan trying to pretend that he edited the clipboard after a control+c?

Priceless.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:31:00 PM

No, that confirms that you're an idiot.  It also confirms there is an "edit shout" button in the shoutbox.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand simple concepts like an "edit" button or anything, since advanced concepts like general understanding of the world around you are so far beyond you as to be laughable.  By all means, continue to show what a moron you are.

BFL_Josh : I think I hit hte wrong key when I was replying and it sent as him... not sure how that's possible

Really? An edit shout button? The button you supposedly didn't know existed until after you had to explain your sock puppetry?
First a 2 month delay in Monarch 3 days after you announce it, then you get caught with a sock puppet.

What is that?

Josh Zerlan trying to pretend that he edited the clipboard after a control+c?

Priceless.

I honestly don't have a clue as to how he is trying to pawn this off as an error, given...

[10:37 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Josh, I have the negative bal problem
[10:37 PM]   grnbrg : Order #?
[10:37 PM]   grnbrg : Or PM it to Josh.
[10:37 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : getting it...
[10:38 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Ok, I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:38 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Also there is a discrepancy in the math between the order status and the invoice which I have figured out the cause of
[10:38 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : it is the handling of the 25% discount
[10:39 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : and the order status does not include the 10% transfer fee
[10:39 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : order number 100071932
[10:39 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : oh- sorry didn't mean to send twice
[10:40 PM]   tom999 : no more order for me and cant combine and 10% fee
[10:40 PM]   BFL_Josh : .
[10:40 PM]   BFL_Josh : I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:40 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : thanks
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:38 PM] Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Ok, I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : [11:40 PM] BFL_Josh : I've passed that along for the devs to look at it
[10:41 PM]   grnbrg : A note from Josh prolly carries more weight. 
[10:41 PM]   polrpaul : I just thought it was peculiarly same language
[10:42 PM]   BFL_Josh : I think I hit hte wrong key when I was replying and it sent as him... not sure how that's possible, but it also copied his order number into my text box.

MFOE posted first with: [10:38 PM]   Mouth-Full-O-Earth : Ok, I've passed that along for the devs to look at it

Then Josh posed with: [10:40 PM]   BFL_Josh : I've passed that along for the devs to look at it

Should it have been the other way around to have Josh's reasoning make sense?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:33:35 PM

[10:37 PM]   grnbrg : Order #?
[10:37 PM]   grnbrg : Or PM it to Josh.

I still find it odd that grnbrg asked for an order # then seemed to correct himself and stated to ask Josh (paraphrased).
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 09:06:49 PM

Apologies for starting this thread in the wrong section, for obviously this is where I should have place it:

Meta ~ Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:04:45 AM

If you keep this shit up adding no constructive discourse to this forum, I'll either make it my personal mission in life to get you banned from this forum or I'll leave this forum in protest for them allowing trolling.  I have no problem with you but your seriously acting like a fucking OCD patient in a psyche ward.

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST.

if that's how the forum feels then I guess I'll go.

sorry for trying to be a voice of reason. I guess trolling is how things get done.

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 07:45:58 AM

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST.

if that's how the forum feels then I guess I'll go.

sorry for trying to be a voice of reason. I guess trolling is how things get done.

Actually, I offered up an olive branch before I even known one needed offering. Allow me to try again. Jacob, you're an alright guy, and so am I. You and I can easily have a civil discussion. Yes, I've been going over the top lately pertaining to BFL. I am a man of reason, so if you speak civilly to me, I'm more apt to come to your side of a thinking. Give it a shot, bud.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:30:19 PM

Quote from: 2weiX
FUCK THEM WITH MELTING HOT SPIKED IRON RODS or at least DON'T BUY FROM THEM

source: one-year waiting BFL customer.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ku836/bfl_already_delaying_monarch_until_feb/cbsyfr2
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:55:28 PM

This is ridiculous. How do companies like this even exist? And why is BFL's spokesperson such an idiot? A monkey banging on the keyboard would be more helpful and probably twice as polite.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 12:03:04 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2013, 05:14:30 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

This is ridiculous. How do companies like this even exist? And why is BFL's spokesperson such an idiot? A monkey banging on the keyboard would be more helpful and probably twice as polite.

Get the monkeys to vote in the latest petition: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=280290.0

I locked this thread on Aug. 28, 2013.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: