Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GB]Terraminer IV #5, Coinsortium  (Read 62023 times)
nucleon

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:58:54 PM

I have about 10.5BTC in play.

So not sure what's going on.

I like to think maybe something good will come.

It did sound like he did have a lot of bad luck though.

I'm lucky, I can still go on, and not much in my life is different. I feel sorry for those, where it's affected disproportionally.

It's events like this, where I'm out of the rat race that is mining.

Any updates via secondary communication. Skype?

-- Craig

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dawie

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

BTC for a better world

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:04:03 PM

Nope, our Skype group is discussing other market related things atm. 

Many guys has big portions invested with Larry. I think the chances of us hearing back from Larry gets exponentially smaller every day now.  If we don't get the miners sold asap it will be 100% down the drain with the difficulty skyrocketing.

Fascinated by BTC
BTC: 1HWUnvZ3xQykdSJsfyGiGQpZG16uFe8DXJ
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

Nope, our Skype group is discussing other market related things atm. 

Many guys has big portions invested with Larry. I think the chances of us hearing back from Larry gets exponentially smaller every day now.  If we don't get the miners sold asap it will be 100% down the drain with the difficulty skyrocketing.

I would like to be part of that Skype group ?

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
dawie

BTC for a better world

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:16:25 PM

PM sent!

Fascinated by BTC
XMR: 44fJ52WJGUmceBX6iARnfW6k9p2MFrwkb9AeXRDvQDaZYM8zkA2uuysE164GBGrhkvGh8PAxGUFU5Fq eEmk82Cww3CHdeRS
abdullahadam

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:22:36 AM

Craig, can you please write a post describing who cheated you of the money and how much exactly (in $ amount).   Please ensure to use his full name.

I want to compile the list of people who were cheated by Larry Strawson into this thread.

Bad luck is one thing.  How about not responding?  That is intentional. 
abdullahadam

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:27:48 AM

Apparently Larry Strawson is also cheating people on eBay, selling counterfeit or fake items and passing them off as genuine gold coins

buglebarn in eBay Copyright Theft
buglebarn [Larry Strawson] of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, stole our 1999 Tenth Ounce Canadian Gold Maple Reverse Photograph to use on eBay, without permission to try sell his own coin. Totally dishonest.
He failed to state or warn potential buyers that the superb condition gold proof coin in our high quality photograph was not the coin you would receive. This is deception.
Image theft is endemic on eBay, and most sellers appear not to care whether their buyers are deceived.

What's Wrong?
It is always possible, even likely, that sellers who steal photographs do not own a similar coin, and have the intention to totally defraud potential buyers.
The vendor [Larry Strawson] is not only cheating us by stealing our copyright images, he is fraudulently or ignorantly misleading and deceiving all potential buyers. Gaining pecuniary advantage by deception is the definition of fraud.
nenad2

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:23:13 PM

I know it's probably useless info Cheesy, but I found his date of birth: August 18, 1969 (source: http://www.plurk.com/larrys in a javascript variable).
Also, he has 2.8 BTC of mine.

Apparently Larry Strawson is also cheating people on eBay, selling counterfeit or fake items and passing them off as genuine gold coins

buglebarn in eBay Copyright Theft
buglebarn [Larry Strawson] of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, stole our 1999 Tenth Ounce Canadian Gold Maple Reverse Photograph to use on eBay, without permission to try sell his own coin. Totally dishonest.
He failed to state or warn potential buyers that the superb condition gold proof coin in our high quality photograph was not the coin you would receive. This is deception.
Image theft is endemic on eBay, and most sellers appear not to care whether their buyers are deceived.

What's Wrong?
It is always possible, even likely, that sellers who steal photographs do not own a similar coin, and have the intention to totally defraud potential buyers.
The vendor [Larry Strawson] is not only cheating us by stealing our copyright images, he is fraudulently or ignorantly misleading and deceiving all potential buyers. Gaining pecuniary advantage by deception is the definition of fraud.

It doesn't say he was selling fake gold coins, it just says he used their picture of the coin without their permission.
dawie

BTC for a better world

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:43:28 PM

Good guys!  Keep digging.  Great research.

Fascinated by BTC
hardpick

Activity: 265

Football President

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

what the next action ? hire a Debt Collectors Edmonton, Alberta, Canada ?

do we have his name and address ?

I also invested about 13 BTC with him

he has collected the money for the rigs - so he should pay us  
dawie

BTC for a better world

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:36:02 AM

I think the best suggestion thus far is from LittleD: (We could propose to sell some of the debt to them as payment if they take the case?)

Its time to do something... these GBs admin's are getting away with our BTC... Im tiered of herring everyone complain and NOT do anything!

Ok people ... let me know if anyone would like file a lawsuit against Soniq... also I would like to raise some BTC (a Bounty, just like Roger Ver) to see if any can find out who the heck is Soniq... I already talk to Wood Law Firm and they sound interested in the case Smiley I believe if we get ever one who has been part of soniq's GBs than we will have a strong case ... please let me know who we can trust for escrow, I know of some one with a good rep BUT we can all vote and get the best person for the job Huh

Please PM and let me know if your intrested Smiley, also if you have good administrative skills and you are a share holder and would like to help, Please let me know... I would like to have 2 others helping out with the Bounty and the filing of the Lawsuit.Thanks

Here their info if you would like to contact them personally:
888-237-0999
http://www.woodlaw.com/

We could also ask Danny Hamilton for Larry's real identity since he managed escrow for him.  Refer to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600805.20
There is also still money tied up in escrow with Danny so I would hope that Danny could review this chaotic thread and release the escrow funds rather to us to make right with the shareholders as far we can with the bit we can get control of.

Please contribute and update Larry's trust profile with your reference to this thread to warn others against him too.

I've sent LittleD a PM to join our Skype chat but have not heard anything from him/her yet.

I hope we can get some traction on this mess.

Fascinated by BTC
LittleD

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:59:07 PM

I think the best suggestion thus far is from LittleD: (We could propose to sell some of the debt to them as payment if they take the case?)

Its time to do something... these GBs admin's are getting away with our BTC... Im tiered of herring everyone complain and NOT do anything!

Ok people ... let me know if anyone would like file a lawsuit against Soniq... also I would like to raise some BTC (a Bounty, just like Roger Ver) to see if any can find out who the heck is Soniq... I already talk to Wood Law Firm and they sound interested in the case Smiley I believe if we get ever one who has been part of soniq's GBs than we will have a strong case ... please let me know who we can trust for escrow, I know of some one with a good rep BUT we can all vote and get the best person for the job Huh

Please PM and let me know if your intrested Smiley, also if you have good administrative skills and you are a share holder and would like to help, Please let me know... I would like to have 2 others helping out with the Bounty and the filing of the Lawsuit.Thanks

Here their info if you would like to contact them personally:
888-237-0999
http://www.woodlaw.com/

We could also ask Danny Hamilton for Larry's real identity since he managed escrow for him.  Refer to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600805.20
There is also still money tied up in escrow with Danny so I would hope that Danny could review this chaotic thread and release the escrow funds rather to us to make right with the shareholders as far we can with the bit we can get control of.

Please contribute and update Larry's trust profile with your reference to this thread to warn others against him too.

I've sent LittleD a PM to join our Skype chat but have not heard anything from him/her yet.

I hope we can get some traction on this mess.

Hi guys , sry I haven't joined the fun but ive been busy ... I'll do my best to join today Smiley

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

Sorry to hear that we are in a hole here, I have GPS coordinates on his residence, and will assist all shareholders in recouping their money back. For the record his real name is not what you guys think it is.
dawie

BTC for a better world

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:05:49 AM

Sorry to hear that we are in a hole here, I have GPS coordinates on his residence, and will assist all shareholders in recouping their money back. For the record his real name is not what you guys think it is.

This is the best news I've read in this thread like ever!  You will be our hero!

Fascinated by BTC
LittleD

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:36:39 PM

This is the best news I've read in this thread like ever!  You will be our hero!

Awwwwwwwwwww... well why don't you give us his real name or address Huh

riclas

Activity: 208
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:27:09 PM

this was just posted by Larry on the skype group:

Escrow is being held up for the Terraminer sale over the delivery of the TM #3.  Cointerra delivered to buyer 20 days late, and buyer wants a discount for late delivery of TM#3.
The buyer has possesion of all five Terraminers and the original buying price remains the same for the other four TM's.

The original offer for TM#3 was 7.8 BTC and I offered to sell for 7 BTC but buyer has offered 4.2 BTC.  I think the offer is too low.  The escrow agent will not release escrow until buyer and I come to agreement.

portuguese p2p trader. telegram @riclas
hjlow

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:55:28 PM

settle somewhere in between and end this asap. im sure we all want to move on
nucleon

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:07:01 AM

Escrow is being held up for the Terraminer sale over the delivery of the TM #3.  Cointerra delivered to buyer 20 days late, and buyer wants a discount for late delivery of TM#3.
The buyer has possesion of all five Terraminers and the original buying price remains the same for the other four TM's.

The original offer for TM#3 was 7.8 BTC and I offered to sell for 7 BTC but buyer has offered 4.2 BTC.  I think the offer is too low.  The escrow agent will not release escrow until buyer and I come to agreement.

Hmm...tough spot to be in.

Dear Buyer,

You have your gear and Larry doesn't have the money. Does that seem like a fair arrangement?

Did Larry get a discount from cointerra for the 20day delay?

Did Larry get any reimbursement from cointerra? (or any other benefits that we can pass on)

Any discount is coming out of the group buy collective's pocket.

Please justify the (1 - 4.2/7.8 ) = 47% discount.

Did the earning potential drop by 47%? Was the clock rate reduced by 47% as expected?

If one expects, a bitcoin ASIC to have 12months life, then 20/365 is about 5% of the year. 10% discount is more than generous.

Every ASIC manufacturer has had delays in some way. So one would expect, a purchaser of ASICs to have an expectation of a delay.

Please offer a more reasonable discount amount.

Thanks.

-- Craig
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:53:49 PM

Craig, can you please write a post describing who cheated you of the money and how much exactly (in $ amount).   Please ensure to use his full name.

I want to compile the list of people who were cheated by Larry Strawson into this thread.

Bad luck is one thing.  How about not responding?  That is intentional. 

hi abdullahadam ! I am too in this unfortunate group buy with 11 BTC (user anon of the list)  Angry  Angry  Angry
#BiT_pOL

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:13:25 PM

+ 1
abdullahadam

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:14:34 PM

Larry = Lawrence?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: