Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:34:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's High Volatility  (Read 3051 times)
MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:51:32 PM

I wonder why other investors are afraid of the fact that bitcoin has high volatility. The truth is that, something that has high volatility has good economic impact. I remember one time, I was reading something and it was related about volatility. And it is said that a volatile market is a good market to invest in. Because it is not going to be stagnant.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:24:54 AM

I wonder why other investors are afraid of the fact that bitcoin has high volatility. The truth is that, something that has high volatility has good economic impact. I remember one time, I was reading something and it was related about volatility. And it is said that a volatile market is a good market to invest in. Because it is not going to be stagnant.
It is a great characteristic for a market to be volatile because you just need to get used to it and after that then you can easily make profit with that market because you know when to enter and exit to the market and that is how you will make a lot of money and one of the effective way of taking advantage of that volatility is trading.
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:25:06 AM

As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
I want your insights about this volatility of bitcoin.
Bitcoin will do. Cause I don't think the best thing that you can get the market will bear Stearns and technology in the world so much for your own project management. The first is to invest it was that the future. The only one to invest it in your own home. I believe that bitcoin and technology in your savings
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:32:44 AM

As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.

actually being volatile is beneficial to us, those ups and downs are needed to generate profit, but being highly volatile can still be fine with us if we hodl for a longer period, since the price is rapidly changing, we should be careful, rushing and panic selling does not help, well planning ang lots of patience is needed, so invest only funds that does not require quick returns. and use money that was intended to sleep on your investments.
Right bitcoin volatility is the most advantageous feature of bitcoin, it gives us chance to have better profit at the time of dip buying low and holding to sell high, so it is very normal I am not even surprise to see the currency fallen price, because even if the price is low you can still get profit by holding your coin for long term, so use the bitcoin volatility and anonymity as an advantage and earn profit from it.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:12:10 PM

Its the most volatile investment in the world that you could end up zero if you don't study it very well. But the positive side is it can make you you rich within the short period of time.
Bitcoin is a highly volatile currency and their is many reason behind this volatility of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a decentralised currency so their is no central authority or person present to control its production and supply. And this things ultimately cause decrease in the rate of bitcoin. Another thing is the negative news shown by many news channels, social media sites. This thing also responsible for its volatility. When one government ban bitcoin in their country the the effect of this show on the international market price of bitcoin. Because of its volatile investor suffer most of the time.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

this volatility of btc sometimes serves as an advantage for the investors where they can take daily profits by making long positions of short positions in the futures market but sometimes it makes the other coins to fall as well by creating uncertainty in the market.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

this volatility of btc sometimes serves as an advantage for the investors where they can take daily profits by making long positions of short positions in the futures market but sometimes it makes the other coins to fall as well by creating uncertainty in the market.
That is the normal characteristics of bitcoin ,when it is going high this means that the coin market is not sleeping , it is evolving and that the cryptocurrency is in running conditions but yheir are also factors that contribute the high volatility of bitcoins and other crypticurrency altcoins in the market,

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:23:27 AM

actually being volatile is beneficial to us, those ups and downs are needed to generate profit, but being highly volatile can still be fine with us if we hodl for a longer period, since the price is rapidly changing, we should be careful, rushing and panic selling does not help, well planning ang lots of patience is needed, so invest only funds that does not require quick returns. and use money that was intended to sleep on your investments.
Right bitcoin volatility is the most advantageous feature of bitcoin, it gives us chance to have better profit at the time of dip buying low and holding to sell high, so it is very normal I am not even surprise to see the currency fallen price, because even if the price is low you can still get profit by holding your coin for long term, so use the bitcoin volatility and anonymity as an advantage and earn profit from it.
Yes indeed when the price o bitcoin get to fall so more people feel attraction to buy some coin because they all know that soon the price will be normal and them it will earn good amount of profit for us, when the price of bitcoin use to fall people get the chance to buying low and cheap bitcoin, price actually gets low only because of the panic selling so I think people should have patience instead of selling their bitcoin at dip.
arumslee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 01:20:56 AM

The volatility of cryptocurrency is incredibly unpredictable--it can also benefit investors because of market inflation. To decrease the volatility of coins on the market, mass adoption of cryptocurrency should help decrease the unpredictability of it.
Dbigfoot102

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:37:00 AM

Bitcoin really did go up high so fast in value. Looking back it was just priced so low that anyone could just buy it for fun or just to experience how cryptocurrency works. Because of the sudden increase over the years as people have learned that it was profitable many around 2017 had participated in investing in bitcoin. Now because there was no actual usage just purely holding of bitcoin the result was the balance went off. Actual usage is low compared to holders and this created more volatility. Because the more people who are just waiting for value to rise the more people will be selling. The more the price decreases the more people got panicked and sell their coins. So the price keeps moving up and moving low. After a very high rise of bitcoin price a very low downfall is always expected not unless the bitcoin will be used more often for a purpose.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:14:24 AM

Bitcoin used to be defined as a store of value, HODL (buy and hold long term) investment.

With the introduction of futures markets, the rise of bitcoin cash and altcoin forks and platforms like coinbase engaging in insider trading by profiting off of their knowledge that they would introduce trading for fork coins beforehand... Bitcoin is slowly but surely becoming more an instrument of speculation than a store of long term value.

That fundamental shift is indicated by rising volatility and greater price swings.

Many trading exchanges are offering trades with no commissions. That also contributes towards higher volatility. The lack of a hard capital gains tax, which promotes HODL and cuts down on rampant speculation, also plays a role in volatility being higher than one might expect from say a stock market.
It is true that the bitcoin can be define as a store of value. Its value is keep increasing because of the limited supply in the cryptocurrency market. We can ensure that the bitcoin will become more valuable because its popularity is keep increasing.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:23:11 AM

If you can't fully understand how it works, it is better if you will study first before you make investment. The bitcoin is so volatile and it is the reason why making investment is extremely risky.

RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:54:00 AM

People who are into bitcoin or are planning on getting in it should really research more before doing so. Bitcoin's high volatility is one of the aspects why people use it in trading and also investing. But for others who don't understand it, it is a big letdown and totally sell all their holdings on the mere sight of a bear trend.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:19:44 AM

Facing risks are important for you to become successful investor, volatility of the bitcoin is one of the risk that you should face if you will make investment. You should know when is the right time to enter and to exit in bitcoin trading for you to avoid losses.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:05:04 AM

Facing risks are important for you to become successful investor, volatility of the bitcoin is one of the risk that you should face if you will make investment. You should know when is the right time to enter and to exit in bitcoin trading for you to avoid losses.

Well volatility can get you eitherway. If you learn how to ride the ups and downs of the market then you're likely to make a lot of money. Without btc's high volatility, trading won't be that much exciting.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:33:27 AM

Well volatility can get you eitherway. If you learn how to ride the ups and downs of the market then you're likely to make a lot of money. Without btc's high volatility, trading won't be that much exciting.
It's very challenging, because volatility is uncontrollable and unpredictable. You need to be strategic and be courageous, considering that market rises and falls unexpectedly. It's very important to learn and gain knowledge to be well-educated, to be aware, and to determine what proper approach to consider or not.
margert

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:02:20 AM

Yes, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and fluctuating in a very large band, the market is bearish in the long run, so the small incremental bitcoin you have to go to. Be careful because the bitcoin price can continue to drop sharply at any time.

Or always have a plan and always follow the plan.
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:39:10 AM

I think that any crypto currency has high volatility. The main thing is to be able to correctly analyze the situation on the market.

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
Dheo

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 11:57:04 AM

Yes, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly adjusting and fluctuating in a very large band, the market is bearish in the long run, so the small incremental bitcoin you have to go to. Be careful because the bitcoin price can continue to drop sharply at any time.

Or always have a plan and always follow the plan.

That is the reason why we need to know bitcoin before we invest on it, at the very first place we should know that bitcoin price can decrease a lot and our money can also lose.
Panpan66L

Activity: 199

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:14:54 PM

My thought is that bitcoin is not such volatile anymore, because we were having this peak only for once, and we are not having those every week from now on. So in comparing  to 2017 the Bitcoin is quite stable right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: