Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:41:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's High Volatility  (Read 3053 times)
jelly19

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:38:16 PM

Volatility in Bitcoin does not yet have a generally accepted index since cryptocurrency as an asset class is still in its nascent stages, but we do know that Bitcoin is capable of volatility in the form of 10x changes in price versus the U.S. dollar, in a relatively short period of time

josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

The high volatility rate of cryptocurrencies most especially bitcoin itself, is both beneficial and a bane to us bitcoin investors, enthusiasts and traders. As what you have just said, the value fluctuation is so high it could go from 0-100 or 100-0, of course obviously the beneficial part of this volatility is the fsct that it could increase in a small amount of time. I think it is just normal for something in the market that is as high in demand as bitcoin.
ICOPass
Copper Member

Activity: 112

Easiest way to do KYC checks

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:46:51 PM

At the moment the volatility is lower than for other currencies. Btw, it is interesting that bitcoin price affects the volatility on other coins that are used for exchanging bitcoin.

Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:07:34 PM

It will take time to get the price of the bitcoin stable. It's also the high Volatility which makes the bitcoins so famous during the last past months. The bitcoin is really young compared to some other currency and it's completely new, it's not mature at all.

That's what crypto is. I don't know why there are people whonwould want to stabilize it. If it becomes stable then we may have to use btc solely for what its meant to be, a transactional currency. We won't be able to make use of its volatility to make it a good investment.
Very few people around the globe expect bitcoin to be stable. Volatility is the one that makes bitcoin as well other cryptocurrency an better investment as an asset for a bigger profiting. As the user mentioned bitcoin is much younger than the traditional currency that we use, but in reality even after being mature it won't become stable.
In my opinion this is because marketcap is still too small so it is still easy to volatile, if one day marketcap has reached $ 5 trillion it will be stable, besides because the influence of people take a little advantage of price increase, believe me after china new year prices skyrocket.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

carodupuis

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:14:12 AM

I don't think that this is a new thing to be concern because the high volatility is already here a lot of years ago and almost all the old bitcoin user are aware of this and for me, this is a great thing for the cryptocurrencies because as a trader, i can make some money out of the movement and the aggressive ups and downs of bitcoin and other crypto also.
As he said, it is determined by the rate of demand. And recently, it seemed like there isn’t much in demand this time, cause the price has been stable all this while – $11,281. I believe once people starts investing again and demand increases, the price rate will start going start going up and will reach another high price.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:23:54 AM

It will take time to get the price of the bitcoin stable. It's also the high Volatility which makes the bitcoins so famous during the last past months. The bitcoin is really young compared to some other currency and it's completely new, it's not mature at all.

That's what crypto is. I don't know why there are people whonwould want to stabilize it. If it becomes stable then we may have to use btc solely for what its meant to be, a transactional currency. We won't be able to make use of its volatility to make it a good investment.

Of course; and yes, this volatility gives us, traders, the chance to earn a lot and get good profit. Much time, attention and patience are always needed for a success. If BTC had a stable price, it would be used like traditional currency, and traders would give up with it.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:07:24 PM

I don't think that this is a new thing to be concern because the high volatility is already here a lot of years ago and almost all the old bitcoin user are aware of this and for me, this is a great thing for the cryptocurrencies because as a trader, i can make some money out of the movement and the aggressive ups and downs of bitcoin and other crypto also.
But in the recent days. bitcoin prices are really very very volatile. different from price changes a few years ago. the current price change is really very fast. from the end of last year the price rose very high and then now the current price drops very deep. we know that bitcoin prices fluctuate and have been a concern since a few years ago. but this topic is always interesting to discuss because the fluctuations of each time can vary. especially now
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:30:10 PM

It is exactly Bitcoin high volatility that let many people earning on the coin's pumps and dumps. Other currencies also constantly change their rate.
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:11:29 PM

It is exactly Bitcoin high volatility that let many people earning on the coin's pumps and dumps. Other currencies also constantly change their rate.
Volatility is the positive thing about bitcoin because people invest in bitcoin because they knows bitcoin will give them profit and they hold the hope of bright future and invest, if we buy something then we must want to sell it for high price so why not in bitcoin, people buy bitcoin at low price and they trust that price will rise till the end of 2018, it is a way to earn bitcoin with profit so I think it is good nature of bitcoin.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:43:03 PM

Volatility is the positive thing about bitcoin because people invest in bitcoin because they knows bitcoin will give them profit and they hold the hope of bright future and invest, if we buy something then we must want to sell it for high price so why not in bitcoin, people buy bitcoin at low price and they trust that price will rise till the end of 2018, it is a way to earn bitcoin with profit so I think it is good nature of bitcoin.
People are really crazy for bitcoin just because of the way it increases and decreases in its value. The volatile nature of bitcoin is making it to rule the crypto kingdom. People are really these days looking for methods of making large money in short time. The profit the get with bitcoin in short time is not possible with any other coin or mode of investment. Volatile nature of bitcoin is really important for the survival of bitcoin.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:52:35 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 10:54:33 AM by fanbeila

As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.
I want your insights about this volatility of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and so high volatility could not be avoided.Its volatility was less when compared to altcoins earlier.But now volatility has gone beyond the limits which led to increase in price from $5,000 to $20,000 within a month and falling down to $9,000 within the next month.Its surely not good for bitcoin's progress.

But the traders might enjoy the volatility much when retailers who accept bitcoin payments don't welcome it.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BETnaBET

Activity: 125

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:09:31 AM

As far as i know bitcoin has a high volatility given the fact that it is in demand in the market but i did not expect hat it is so high that it can really go from 1-100 and 100-0.

Bitcoin high volatility makes people stay in bitcoin because they believe that bitcoin will recover and go back to a higher price in the future. future. Bitcoin high volatility attracts rich people to invest in bitcoin. Of course they believe that bitcoin can make them profit more than they expect. Investors are interested in bitcoin because they earn a lot of money here by beting their wealth through expecting high value of bitcoin.
Cedie

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:39:38 AM

I think it is a good thing to have a currency with high volatility, especially for those traders. I personally am in favor of having fluctuations since because of it I couls maximize every profit that I can get. I didn't want to stick with the "buy and hold" instead I engaged with "buy low, sell high" so I could gain more profit than ever. Its just that it is quite surprising to see how bitcoin grew from zero to this high. It should really attract so much investors because of this
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:03:02 AM

I have a bad experience in bitcoin's volatility. I had a wrong timing in withdrawing bitcoin in a trading site which is hitBTC. It took 3 days to receive and by that time the bitcoin collapse and I wasn't able to buy the thing I want. Bitcoin's volatility is a disadvantage of the coin. A sudden change in price may affect the people's mood when they need to get money for urgent times. I hope bitcoin wouldn't collapse in great values like ethereum.
You were just unlucky it is very common to see the opposite effect as well, most of the time I wait until the price is very high to buy stuff with bitcoin, that way I need to spend less bitcoin and I still got what I wanted, maybe if you were not in a hurry you could have waited until the price of bitcoin recovered before withdrawing to fiat.   
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:09:35 AM

The volatility of bitcoin depends on the demand of the people and the whales who own volume of bitcoin that whenever they buy or sell their bitcoins, it can greatly affect the rise and fall of bitcoin's price.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:11:21 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and so high volatility could not be avoided.

I do not know why is this a big deal since digital currencies are really volatile. All we can is to wait for it to pump since we can't predict and make it pump to a good price like whales can do. I think we don't need to complain about this but just keep on trading and after time Bitcoin will be having a price pump without us knowing being busy trading volatile digital currencies.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:32:02 AM

Unstable nature of bitcoin is the major essence of the crypto kingdom. Due to volatile nature of bitcoin, people are taking keen interest in bitcoin and in whole crypto market.

If we compare bitcoin with other modes of investment such as real estate and gold, bitcoin is having edge over them because of its capability for generating mega profits in short time and that is possible just because of the fluctuations in the prices.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:56:06 AM

Since that you are a newbie, I think that you don't have enough knowledge about the characteristics of bitcoin which is being volatility but there are so many question like that, that are already existing in this forum so you just need to keep reading to gain more knowledge about it. But let's talk my insight about volatility. Fluctuation and volitility have a similarities, since Fluctuation talks about the an irregular rising and falling of amount while Volatility talks about a change rapidly and unpredictably. The definition of these two are already existing in bitcoin since it was created. For me volatility is not an obstacle, otherwise I considered it as opportunities for trading and holding bitcoin.

Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:37:06 AM

I think it will not fall from 100-0 even if every country regulates or stops bitcoin it will still have remaining 1% like germs in a soap Smiley  well you know what I mean, its normal for bitcoin to have an up and down for a short period of time like you said it was highly volatile and its own nature makes people want to invest, for the reason that you can profit easily, but we just need to keep in mind that every investment has their own risk.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:03:54 AM

In my opinion its high volatility comes from the shroud of mystery behind it. What plays a role in volatility is its supply and demand. There are many factors that would affect that but ultimately what decides it is the value people would give it. Because it's a relatively new technology, it's hard to put a value to it. What it is and what it could be varies person to person. It could be the currency of the future, or not. Only time will tell.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: