Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:45:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting paid to post at Bitcointalk ?  (Read 726 times)
Coco500 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:23:30 PM

I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

Is it legal under the forum rules
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ship66

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:34:22 PM

I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

They are orginizin some signature campaigns. But that also could be possible but how can you prove it?
Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:39:50 PM

It's called bounty signature campaings, but they don't force you to write only about their project. You can post whatever you want and thus you advertise a project by wearing their signature. And in most cases it's very profitable both for a project and for a bounty hunter.

Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:50:05 PM

It's called bounty signature campaings, but they don't force you to write only about their project. You can post whatever you want and thus you advertise a project by wearing their signature. And in most cases it's very profitable both for a project and for a bounty hunter.
Correct explanation but I have seen signature campaigns demanding participants to post on their ICO announcement thread, at least one timer per week. It didn't state that it has to be a positive post, that will probably make it legal on this forum.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:13:48 PM

Yes, there are such bounty companies that you need to write about this project. But this is very rare and not more than 1-2 per week. In principle, you can write about anything. The project will be advertised passively, as your signature is visible to everyone.
Nevertheless, I try to participate in companies that, as I myself consider, very promising. Therefore, I can say with confidence that the project that I have in the signature will be successful. They collected a lot of money for pre-sale and I think that the tokens on ICO will end very quickly.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:20:38 PM

Idk how legal it is but I'm pretty sure some ICOs are doing it.

Also call me paranoid but there are some actual shills on here as well, who probably get paid under the radar.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:26:12 PM

Why would it be illegal for this to occur it is the same thing as advertising in any other medium the only difference here is that we are online. The paid shills you are referring to are the people who do the bounty campaigns and the signature campaigns. I don't see anything wrong with this model, it is promoting your brand essentially.

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

I am sure there might be some of that going on.  I support a coin with my signature but I am not going to just write about a coin positively because someone pays me.  I would have to believe in the project to do that.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:31:05 PM

without doubt this is happening .. this forum i suspect is full of paid sock puppets and undercover shills

many of these low level accounts are scrapped right after they finish with their pump campaigns.

Also ask any of them any kind of probing questions and they vanish never to return to that thread.

Neytiri

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:36:34 PM

i think i have not quitly understood your question but if you mean signature bounty it is legit 100 percent and no one can judge you here on the forum.

Rlyn

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:40:40 PM

Well, not sure but it's possible. But Most of people who commenting here are under the campaign.

TwoSides

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:49:10 PM

They do hire and that is what we call signature bounty campaign which made this website a good place to earn rewards and tokens in exchange of posting or spreading the word about an ICO through their signatures.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:54:34 PM

So far I haven't encountered any that require you to post positive comments, let alone make a post. Or maybe I just haven't tried a lot before. Those I've seen just request that the participant post something in the ANN thread, to also help bump it up.
cherry yu

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:00:16 PM

i think its legal to post  about the ico project maybe once or twice a week. if you you joined their ico you are going to wear their signature to promote their project. you can can post anywhere in the forum as long as you cannot go off topic.you still be payed even you did not mention the ico because you wear their signature.

jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:25:37 PM

I don't think he is talking about bounty campaign, I have seen posts like these promoting a token on the speculation and Altcoin discussion thread, I have notice these about Oyster pearl, ELix, Deep Onion and Spectrecoin

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:35:32 PM

You looks new to the business, Its called Signature bounty campaigns. Its perfectly legal as long as poster don't spam post.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:37:03 PM

Correct explanation but I have seen signature campaigns demanding participants to post on their ICO announcement thread, at least one timer per week. It didn't state that it has to be a positive post, that will probably make it legal on this forum.

Yes, there are campaigns that requires to post on their ANN thread, I think that is, to update (bump) their thread and make it recent or front page on topic listed. Some are requiring to post the twitter and facebook link for reporting.
agiskasep

Activity: 212
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:39:55 PM

some ICO will apreciate if comment in their ANN but not required,and I never get that bounty must comment positively in ICO ANN
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:45:54 PM

Yes, there are campaigns that requires to post on their ANN thread, I think that is, to update (bump) their thread and make it recent or front page on topic listed. Some are requiring to post the twitter and facebook link for reporting.
If paying to bump is allowed then I can totally understand their decision. Getting the ANN thread on the front page might actually be a better way to raise awareness for a project than just signatures, depending on how much.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:51:13 PM

without doubt this is happening .. this forum i suspect is full of paid sock puppets and undercover shills

many of these low level accounts are scrapped right after they finish with their pump campaigns.

Also ask any of them any kind of probing questions and they vanish never to return to that thread.

The last point is interesting. Little people answer on question probably because of you mentioned. If btctalk has some tools and you would see that someone replied on youre post, it could be solution in my opinion
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: