Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:42:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will cryptos be so volatile forever?  (Read 2150 times)
Scallywag

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:00:36 AM

I think no one knows that , but in the coming years i think it will be as volatile as it is now.  When the market is so easy manipulated , it is inevitable that it is so volatile.
skyflakes88

Activity: 124

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:44:49 AM

now we are really experiencing a lot of roller coaster rides where we can be so fearful when bitcoins dump and most proud when bitcoin reaches new heights but i think this will only last a few years from now because bitcoins price is still cheap as of now for some whales to manipulate lets say when bitcoins is $1 million dollars can they still play that big money? the highest pump by that time could only be 10-20% and that is definitely big i guess im wrong but it can still happen in between those..

Geoll29

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:00:39 AM

Digital currency will always be volatile. There's no doubt about this. So what can we do is to just monitor it religiously. Just like any other investments , you should watch them closely.

josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:04:58 AM

When will we reach the state of more of less stable cryptocurrencies or it is in their nature and will never end?
Yes ofcourse because bitcoin is not a fiat currency so we should neeed to understand that bitcoin is volatile because this is a cryptocurrency money in internet that only people that can change the value of it so i think bitcoin will forever volatile currency.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:13:08 AM

It seems that the crypto currency will always be subject to high volatility. This is due to its decentralized nature. The usual currency of different states is regulated by the Central Banks in a certain price corridor. To do this, either additional money is put into circulation or they are withdrawn from circulation and this regulates the level of demand and supply. In the situation with the crypto currency, there is no regulation. Here the law of the market works completely and therefore the crypto currency is very susceptible to various external factors affecting its price.
khanhtr

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:22:04 AM

I think so. The market is volatile and needs more time to stabilize
Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:53:26 AM

Volatile will not end, because this is normal as long as there are still people who buy and sell the crypto currency the volatile will still be there, because the price will form because there is a demand and supply.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:56:41 AM

yes crypto is so childish at present but it will be more and more volatile in coming days because bitcoin futures in  US stock exchanges will definitely give more speculation
plaintiff77

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:00:05 AM

On my own point of view I think cryptos will be so volatile forever because of the demand and supply that is the value goes up and down but it is still okay if you will be investing for a long term but you need to be patient.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:21:43 AM

To answer this question we will have to understand the intentions / objectives of the participants in the cryptos.  If the cryptos will be used just for buying and selling commodities and services and when it will be widely accepted for this particular purpose mainly then there will be very low amount of volatility in future.

But it the purpose, objectives or intentions of the participants entering the market are to earn some profits by purchasing certain crypto currency; then definitely there will be volatility in the market certainly forever the quantum of volatility may be low or high.  When all the persons entering the market to earn profits by investments then definitely they will be hoping some rise in the prices of crypto only then they will be earning the profits otherwise how they will earn it.   At the desired levels when the prices of the crypto currency goes up the investor may be deciding to quit the market with the desired profits which now he is getting as the prices has risen to that level.  In that case if the number of investors is more and they turn sellers then the supply of that crypto increase and in case there is sufficient demand against the sale then there may be no effect because demand by new buyers will cover the supply by sellers but if demand is less then the prices will go down. 
Market sentiments, news about companies, there performance, rumors play big role in volatility.  And volatility will be experienced in the market.
Feduk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:09:23 AM

According to analysts, the market capitalization of the Crypto-currency will be several trillion $.
So it will be hard to save volatility on the same level. Obviously in percents it will be another value.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:47:02 AM

They won't. The stabilization of the prices won't come with the rise of the value (just look at the Bitcoin - it is already one of the pricier commodities ever) but with the maturity stabilization of the market. When the market will be saturated in such way that the majority of the investors have finally entered and after all the main corrections are done (also the burst of the bubble, if there ever will be one) - then it will finally stabilize as the inflow and outflow of the money will have less influence.

At this moment the potential for the inflow of money is far greater then the total market cap. so it is normal that the prices can be influenced a lot.

junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:52:04 AM

Mainstream adoption will bring stability

When will we reach the state of more of less stable cryptocurrencies or it is in their nature and will never end?

Mass adoption should indeed provides more stability to the prices, talking mainly about the big crypto-currencies out there. The volatility of nowadays can be explained by the fact that a total of 1000 people own 40% of the Bitcoin market right now. I believe in 2 years time price should get more stable, and therefore could attract many investors who feared this volatility so far.
But big ups and downs will still happen on crypto-currencies with small market cap. I wonder if regulations being implemented more and more in western countries will make it impossible for small (new) crypto to emerge. 
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:11:08 AM

Though, it is not in the nation of cryptocurrency or any digital coin to achieve a stable price but we still hope it becomes so.    Because of the nature of bitcoin the price will continue to either dip or pump till maybe the coin is massively  supported and widely adapted universal. But if not, the price will be always be unstable. But with the so many rejections and banning, its quite hard for bitcoin to be stable. For now, there will still be unstable flow.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:22:10 AM

I think the volatility of bitcoin won't be gone forever maybe the frequent ups and downs of its price may go lesser than today and that may happen if all the bitcoins were mined.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:02:19 AM

My opinion is will be forever, because crypto market not regulative. One big investor can change situation on the market

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:23:40 AM

Well i guess it could be "less" volatile in the future. What's causing volatility right now is that it's being traded like a stock and that's because of the scalability issue. People can't use it as actual currency right now because it's too slow. On top of that, regulations after regulations and the bad reputation it's been getting because of pyramid scams are forcing some people to sell. Im speculating that once, the scalability issue is fixed and all regulations has been imposed, the volatility will somewhat decrease.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jomarthegreat89

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:25:23 AM

I think small-mid caps will be volatile.. large caps will be somewhat stable but with certain levels of volatility depending on the volume.. In the long run, it will be more difficult to move prices up or down once market caps become so big.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:27:21 AM

Yes i think so, since cryptos are decentralized which means no one's handling it to regulate it, no one's there to stabilize its value. Unless bitcoins would be regulated, then and then it would stop being extremely volatile.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:03:24 AM

Volatility of the cryptos depends on us, demand and supply. Also, since it's a decentralized cryptocurrency central bank can't regulate it, thus unable to control it if its value increases or decreases.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: