Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:57:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will cryptos be so volatile forever?  (Read 2155 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 228

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:47:11 PM

Yes, it seems that the prices for the crypto currency will always be variable. Volatility is inherent in nature due to the fact that these coins are decentralized, are not managed by anyone and are not supported in the price plan. National centralized coins are supported by central banks: at the right time, the bank either withdraws money from circulation or adds it to turnover and this maintains the stability of the monetary unit. It does not have a Crypto currency, and therefore it will always jump in price.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:03:06 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 09:29:31 PM by Coin-1

When will we reach the state of more of less stable cryptocurrencies or it is in their nature and will never end?
A fiat money is volatile too, but the central banks support its price, taking money from theirs reserve. The most of the crypto currencies are not controlled, and their prices is defined by the current balance of a demand and an offer.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:19:45 PM

I believe that better stabilization of crypto markets we will see after 5 years at first.
To the end of this time, we can exploit this situation and make money down crypto arbitrage or similar.
If you have a long-term view of the cryptocurrency market then I think that's not possible. Every bitcoin and other altcoins show their superiority and practical applications in life, helping them to reach more investors and users. Quality projects they have to build for years with a long-term development team, find those coin to invest and do not worry about anything.

kryptorian

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:27:16 PM

When will we reach the state of more of less stable cryptocurrencies or it is in their nature and will never end?

Without wider adoption in the real sector the volatility of cryptocurrencies is not going to diminish. Major fiat currencies are rock solid specifically because they have huge application as a means of payment, and this keeps their volatility in check. This is not so with cryptocurrencies. There is a very small market for goods and services which can be bought with these currencies and, at the same time, a huge speculative market which leaves them no chance to become stable.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:30:42 PM

No. But the entirety of it never being volatile will never be ruled out. Even though cryptocurrency is about 9years old, it is still nascent in acceptance and useability. Many countries still don't understand it and accept it. the SEC wants to see it go down and not to mention the trends it is facing with the emergence of new coins and fake ICOs.
However, over time this will stabilise.
Ask those who saw the emergence of the stock market and Forex Market and you will agree that this is normal and usual with any technology trying to be widely accepted.

Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:44:27 PM

I think it is better to have volatility in every coin. The fluctuations of coin make us gaining more profits. It is not also maintain its stability, the price is affected by its demand and supply. In my opinion, the lesser the coin fluctuated the more it is not useful for the people. If the investors will buy and sell coins definitely, it will rise up and dip down.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:53:00 PM

A fiat money is volatile too, but the central banks support its price, taking money from theirs reserve. The most of the crypto currencies are not controlled, and their prices is defined by the current balance of a demand and an offer.

Yes and I mean it is still far better for it to be less violate, you even have today some people that won't think of using bitcoin as a currency simply because they "could pay less in future". Some sort of stability is needed anyway I am a believer that we must break through this speculative period if we want cryptos to become mainstream and be less volatile. Problem now is that people see this as speculative asset which is why prices moves so much. From the point we start to use it more as a currency I think we could expect price to be a bit more stable, but again everything depends from supply and demand as you say fiat have this advantage of banks trying to balance things out - but when there is some catastrophic event they still fail to do so.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:03:56 PM

It will only happen once majority of the people arround the globe discovered and got into bitcoin. The value because of the ever growing dmand from the people. Surely, it's currrnt state now will still go higher knowing that its popularity and the curiosity of the people is really increasing. But diffinitely, we cant see that coming so soon, it will only happen once the mainstream made a good review about it and if the government will come to recognize it.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:08:15 PM

Considering it is decentralized and it's an asset based on speculation, I doubt it will stop being so volatile any time soon.
I am no trader (most cryptos I own I have invested in as a medium-long term investment), however, I do think its volatility is what makes cryptocurrencies interesting.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:44:23 PM

It is not part of their nature but their characteristics force to a great volatility at least in the early stages, if there was a central bank of bitcoin then it could create more bitcoin out of nothing creating more supply to meet the demand, but we know that is not the case, so when demand goes up the supply does not and you get rising prices, and when you add that most of the community is holding this creates greater scarcity.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:59:06 PM

What people nowadays find useful and beneficial today might not be that needed in the future, I think that is the case with bitcoins. A number of people here are talking about how they want bitcoin to be an international currency or become an official digital currency that will replace tangible cash but if it remains volatile and fluctuations on its prices remain like this in the near future, I'm sad to say that it would only become a pipe dream.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:07:11 PM

It will never end, this is the downside of decentralised currency, when no one is controlling the price could go wild bit this also could be the advantage for traders, when volatility coming, it will be the perfect time to trade, the volatility will depend on the users that do transaction, and with this  high volatility some people say that it's not suitable to become a currency
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:09:31 PM

I think the crypto condition is unstable, there is always the end. like today, I see it will end and stabilize again in July 2018.
and when the market is still active and many are still trading altcoin, then volatitility always occur. except if they stop and crypto will not stabilize and even will die.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:16:38 PM

The prices will get more stable when the prices are really expensive...so expensive that it would take a lot of money to get rid of a 1 BTC wall.

There's no guarantee of such thing because some people hold too many bitcoin in their pocket, which they have bought it at cheaper price. If they decide to sell, surely will affect the price moreover at higher price.
In short, bitcoin volatility will never end, unless bitcoin spread widely without no one hold more than BTC1, which mean no one can manipulate the market.
audrey12

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:18:59 PM

I think volatility of bitcoin will never fades because this what's make bitcoin popularity these days and if bitcoin will have a fix value I don't think people will be attracted to it, it will become a normal currency and might be as valuable as it is today though volatility is a risky thing but it gives so much hope to a lot of people who wants income from investment
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:19:28 PM

Why? For example, tether, stably costs 1$. Other question, in comparison with what stability
chizcake

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:23:23 PM

Yes cryptocurrencies will be volatile forever because it is not like fiat because it depends on the demand and supply that is why thd value is not stable and it really dont have fixed value because it keeps on moving from time to time.
Photographer

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:12:13 AM

This is quite a crucial question to understand if cryptos will one day be usable for something different than speculating or not. My guess is that this will perhaps become possible once the Bancor protocol will have been adopted by most cryptos, since the bancor protocol when applied is stabilizing prices and reducing volatility.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:25:02 AM

Cryptocurrencies will continue to be volatile in its functioning, the same is the biggest feature of cryptocurrency. If every cryptos were stable similar to tether, cryptocurrency might have not gained such a popularity. Expect the volatility to be there with cryptocurrencies forever.
vk279

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:41:09 AM

All the markets including forex, commodities, interest rates, stocks etc are volatile most of the time.  Without volatility there won't be any trading.  BTC is the most traded crypto and that is what makes it BTC.  As a trader I love volatility and we all should learn to like volatility. If I am not mistaken biggest trades and most volume happen on Bitmex.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: