Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be a hypocrite  (Read 2535 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:24:44 PM

he only mined 500,000 prior to launch.

The above is a fan fiction.  It should not be confused with reality.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:42:02 PM

initially he only mined 500,000 prior to launch.

Where's this false rumour sprung up from now? Who starts this rubbish?

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:03:48 PM

The above is a fan fiction.  It should not be confused with reality.

then how much did he really premine, if any?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:09:49 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 07:47:45 PM by DeathAndTaxes

The above is a fan fiction.  It should not be confused with reality.

0.  The genesis block has the quote proving the date and the dates of public code release and blockchain timestamps support that.  In the first year Bitcoin wasn't very popular.  More people "could" have mined it most simply didn't.  Satoshi got a lot of flak about his system being unworkable in the early days.  Many who knew likely didn't mine because it seemed stupid.  BTW Hal Finney IIRC reports mining one of the very early blocks (like #200? correction it was around block 70 seem below).

I mined block 70-something

Say I launch an alt-coin today. Full source code, compiled binaries, no premine (even genesis block unspendable), high starting difficulty so early blocks take LONGER (about 20-30 minutes per block due to low hashing power).   Now say most people ignore it because they think the idea is stupid and can't work. If it became popular a year later would you accuse me of "premining" it because others couldn't be bothered to download the client and try it?

The claims of a pre-mine are never supported.  They are just slander to provide moral equivalence for those that do.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:32:19 PM

The above is a fan fiction.  It should not be confused with reality.

0.  The genesis block has the quote proving the date and the dates of public code release and blockchain timestamps support that.  In the first year Bitcoin wasn't very popular.  More people "could" have mined it most simply didn't.  Satoshi got a lot of flak about his system being unworkable in the early days.  Many who knew likely didn't mine because it seemed stupid.  BTW Hal Finney IIRC reports mining one of the very early blocks (like #200?).

Say I launch an alt-coin today. Full source code, compiled binaries, no premine (even genesis block unspendable), high starting difficulty so early blocks take LONGER (about 20-30 minutes per block due to low hashing power).   Now say most people ignore it because they think the idea is stupid and can't work.  Now if it became popular a year later would you accuse me of "premining" the coin?

The claims of a pre-mine are never supported.  They are just slander to provide moral equivalence for those that do.

This.

Bitcoin wasnt premined. The blockchain is public.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

And perhaps consider not buying hypocrite coins either.

What am I talking about?

Well, I have read lots of slander going on, on these forums about premined coins,
but the people who are slandering the 'premined' coins also support and buy and sell bitcoins.

Bitcoins are a premine.

Therefore anyone who buys and sells and supports bitcoins, and goes around slandering coins with premine, is a hypocrite.

And I want you to consider not buying hypocrite coins then ok.

Good day.

If you write a new code from scratch, feel free to premine it

and hope it turns into a bitcoin, or your premine is worth nothing.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:40:29 PM

OP seems to of gone very quiet.  Cheesy

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:41:24 PM

Some people have lives and timezones to deal with you know Tongue
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

Some people have lives and timezones to deal with you know Tongue

This is true of course.

Also don't forget, OP being shot down in flames, I can't imagine he has much to say.

overseer470

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:48:11 PM

"oh no, someone has some coins and i don't, boohoo"
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:09:15 PM

What the hell is going on here?
Can I play too?

I have proofs that Satoshi premined 5 millions of BTC
Some even say he premined 10.4 millions but they don't have proofs

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
21stcenturymoney

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:10:29 PM

Bitcoins are a premine.

Don't be a liar.
21stcenturymoney

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:14:37 PM

Satoshi pre-mined a million coins before he/she released Bitcoin and the people who go after pre-mined coins completely ignore that fact.

I would say the fact gets ignored because it is false.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:35:53 PM

lol Tongue I've crossed out the fact so people stop commenting on me saying that Cheesy
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:55:54 PM

Everybody knows  Satoshi (pre)mined millions btc but it's his  business, he invented something like Bill Gates with Microsoft, Steve Jobs with Apple or Mark Zuckerberg with Facebook.

Satoshi is now multi-Millionaire and I pretty sure that he doesn't care about bitcoin anymore...

jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

I pretty sure that he doesn't care about bitcoin anymore...
Yeah, surely

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:14:21 PM

And perhaps consider not buying hypocrite coins either.

What am I talking about?

Well, I have read lots of slander going on, on these forums about premined coins,
but the people who are slandering the 'premined' coins also support and buy and sell bitcoins.

Bitcoins are a premine.

Therefore anyone who buys and sells and supports bitcoins, and goes around slandering coins with premine, is a hypocrite.

And I want you to consider not buying hypocrite coins then ok.

Good day.

First, Bitcoin was not premined. The only block that was mined before release was the genesis block, and those coins are unspendable. Just because there wasn't a million profit chasers with GPU farms ready to jump on it doesn't mean it was premined.

Just to let you guys know what an idiot the OP is, you should know he posted a Bitcoin mainnet address on a testnet giveaway. I know this because those are the only people in my ignore list.

OP is indeed a pretty stupid person. Check his posts.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:36:16 PM

Everybody knows  Satoshi (pre)mined millions btc but it's his  business, he invented something like Bill Gates with Microsoft, Steve Jobs with Apple or Mark Zuckerberg with Facebook.

Still false even though I liked how you try to spin it as good thing. 
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:55:40 PM

Everybody knows  Satoshi (pre)mined millions btc but it's his  business, he invented something like Bill Gates with Microsoft, Steve Jobs with Apple or Mark Zuckerberg with Facebook.

Satoshi mined  more than 1M BTC or 100M USD at current change from 1/3/2009 to 1/25/2010 (block 0 to block 36288). This assumption is based on the Total Network Strength
(Mhash/s) that was constant at 7 Mhash/s for this period of time.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc&hl=en&gid=0
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

Everybody knows  Satoshi (pre)mined millions btc but it's his  business, he invented something like Bill Gates with Microsoft, Steve Jobs with Apple or Mark Zuckerberg with Facebook.

Satoshi mined  more than 1M BTC or 100M USD at current change from 1/3/2009 to 1/25/2010 (block 0 to block 36288). This assumption is based on the Total Network Strength
(Mhash/s) that was constant at 7 Mhash/s for this period of time.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AmcTCtjBoRWUdHVRMHpqWUJValI1RlZiaEtCT1RrQmc&hl=en&gid=0

Which isn't a premine.  The topic wasn't "is it ok for developers to mine their own coin after launch"  if it was then Satoshi post launch activities might be relevent.  Still you knew it wasn't a premine yet included the (pre) anyways.  It is false anyway you try to spin it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: