Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Death mean to you?  (Read 4342 times)
korbelgpathi

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:42:34 AM

death is obviously a horrible experience for anyone. it is always very hard and painful to lose friends and close people

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ploychompoo27

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:16:33 AM

i want to get a discussion going about death.

i've always been fascinated by death, Sure i have been off an on depressed and occasionally suicidal, the main reason i never went threw with it is because i understand that it would just be transferring my pain to those who care about me. while that isn't what i want to talk about suffice it to say i have given death a lot of thought.

what i find interesting is that it is the only certainty in the universe, i mean everything dies. no matter what we are all constantly dying. hell even our birth was a lottery, out of roughly 250 different sperm cells 1 made it threw to cause you, and your mom just happened to be fertile. if you think about it the fact that you are alive is a miracle in an of itself.

so since death is guaranteed while life never was, i think it is only natural to think about it. one of the great laws of this universe is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. which has held true for everything we understand. however what about death? we are constantly creating memories, and our brain is constantly firing electrical signals creating memory, thought, self. so how can that just abruptly end? i was also christian for a long time (now agnostic) so in order for our life and memories and entire being to end there has to be another reaction.our bodies decay and give life to nature, but your soul, our being, where does that go? energy cannot be created or destroyed. and since there isn't a reaction that was can perceive then the only question is what happens.

through all of religion there have only ever been three options, heaven, hell, and purgatory. they may go by different names but these are base three options.
but there is no sign of a greater power anywhere, one surely has to exist but there is no reason to believe that they created an afterlife. and then there is the question about where the soul of every creature goes. what truly separates a dog from us? why should we attain an afterlife and not the fish? bugs? plants? at what point does life not have reason?

this isn't necessarily a discussion of the afterlife the only limitation is death. if energy cannot be destroyed then neither can data. and that is all our memories are. so my question is after death where do our memories go? where do our beings go.

i understand there is not a real answer but i would still like to discuss this.

a few other intresting points of reference, a scientist found the "Consciousness on/off switch" July, 2014
also a good article to read is the studies and affects of a lobotomy

EDIT:
If you are feeling up to it i would like to know your first time experiencing death, whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, or idol. when was the first time the weight of death made you think.

I personally have never been saddened by death. it sounds messed up i know, but about 4 years ago my grandmother died, we were really close. yet i did not cry, i did not feel sad, even tho i knew that i would never see her again i was not upset. i have struggled with this for a while but i think it is just my understanding of death that causes me to not feel sad by it. i look at it as something that just happens, no point crying over something that cannot be changes, no point despairing when entering the unknown. however when i thought my dog might die i was extremely upset, and crying. i think it is because he wasnt dead yet. i am not sure.

For me death is, the ending of your life in this material world.
hghcoin

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:21:17 AM

For me, death means relief, after all, life is too hard.
Victori Keira Ong

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:24:02 AM

Wages of sin is death Grin
fritzbird

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:01:38 AM

Death is the ultimate ending to a story, it comes for us all.
Read it once that death is life's greatest invention.  Cheesy
usarnameistaken

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:05:07 AM

Definitely is a very interesting question. I could talk for hours about this. For me it is the end of everything, all your energy, how your atoms were held together to form the fascinating structure you came to be during life. From a consciousness standpoint, i'm pretty sure you know when your time is about to come, like slowly watching how a candle turns off... Most certainly that is the only question humanity will never have an answer.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:01:09 AM

Death for me is like the end. The end of everything.
Rrtt

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:18:24 AM

Death is the end of everything that you have in this world. It you have bitcoin in your wallet and only you who knows the password then your bitcoin is in limbo  Smiley.
trolliban

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:21:38 AM

For me the dead is just a door to our second life.
2emotion
Copper Member

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 05:34:57 AM

I'm a serious thinker about everything going on so I'm scared of death, I do not dare to think of it
andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:42:28 PM

I'm a serious thinker about everything going on so I'm scared of death, I do not dare to think of it

For me, death is just the beginning of life because you will experience the true living when you are gone in this world, and that is in heaven.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
aqila baruroh

Activity: 165

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:10:03 PM

for me death is a predetermined thing can not be changed or in move follow the grooves and nets of time until when we will live

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
abdullahmonim

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

Act of Nature. Nothing else to me.
shk.dc

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:38:21 PM

It is the time where your time on earth has ended and gotta face heaven or hell based on God's judgement to you.
sykoshin

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:10:37 AM

For me Death for me is the separation of our soul from our physical body
Nasha9905

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:04:00 AM

Death is the end or doom of life in the world, where all property will be abandoned. Only charity and deeds during life in the world brought

pampi123

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:05:21 AM

It is the beginning of the end. Beginning of our new life in heaven/in hell. And the end of our life here at earth
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:06:34 AM

Death is the end of life. Death means you graduated from all sufferings, diseases, debts, angry, wories everything under the sun.  Grin
joymecoin

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:27:27 AM

For me Deaths comes in unexpected ways and it cant me ignore or prevented by mortals , so death can come anytime, everywhere we must be ready to death and accpet it when as if its our last in world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: