Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 60% of world population cannot access computer so Bitcoins will fail.  (Read 1831 times)
vakie1

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:14:44 PM

Hm... that would mean that 3 billion people can use a computer.
I think that this number is high enough to ensure the existence of bitcoin for many years.
And the missing 60%, that number is going to decrease the coming years!
Sounds all like a promising future for bitcoin to me!
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:23:06 PM

Yeah maybe that 60% you cannot access to computer
 But this is not the reason why bitcoin fail. Remember we are era of technology everything information or communication comes from technology. Yet thier some countries have poor but the years come so fast. The people using bitcoin will increase year by year so theres no reason why bitcoin fail because of lack of access of computers.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:26:15 PM

It will change in the future because we are now moving to a better future with the technology on our side. Accessing computers are indeed hard for the other people right now because there are still people who are living like in the old days and there are people who cannot afford a computer and a decent internet but in the future, the generation will change and it has a higher chance for bitcoin to get adapted.
Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:21:20 AM

Hm... that would mean that 3 billion people can use a computer.
I think that this number is high enough to ensure the existence of bitcoin for many years.
And the missing 60%, that number is going to decrease the coming years!
Sounds all like a promising future for bitcoin to me!

Agree to this. The remaining numbers will be also be for the next generations this is to increase computer literacy to at least 80% of the total population. This increase will also form part of the growth in bitcoin participants.
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:33:55 AM

...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.
Really? Is that so? As far as i know we are in the world of technology now a days. I live in a 3rd country and even beggars here are using mobile with internet access. We don’t really need just computer to access to the internet mate which is necessary to transact with cryptocurrency. So not having an access to computer is not an excuse for that.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:35:20 AM

The statistics you say is hard to understand, how can 60% of the world do not use computers, hallo?

Let's take an example from the State Bank Office, all offices must have a computer, it is difficult in this world for today a State Bank does not have a computer, how to collect customer data if there is no computer?
When all Banks have a computer then be sure there are a handful of people or employees who memakain computer and it is a chance Bitcoin is in the country.
alroys

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:59:18 AM

I'm not so sure if there are 60% of the people in this World who do not use the Internet. The Internet is very important for the development of Bitcoin, because without the internet we can not access Bitcoin. even if what you say is true, that there are 60% of the people of this World who do not use the Internet, or about 40% use the Internet, that I think is a big enough amount for Bitcoin development, if 40% of the world's population use The internet is all using Bitcoin.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

I think you are trying to say that bitcoin will fail to become a mainstream currency because 60% of the world population don't have access to the computer. If I am understanding you correctly, then let me assure you that bitcoin is not structurally built and fit for becoming a mainstream currency in any way. It is an experimental virtual currency which implemented the idea of a decentralized currency successfully for the first time through blockchain technology. It is not trying to become a mainstream one.

So bitcoin will always be used by those with a certain level of technological expertise  and not by any common people. Even though the process for bitcoin payment has been made very simpler by many third party wallet provider, but majority of the governments will not want to allow bitcoin to mingle with their own centralized currency system. It is and will always remain as a digital currency and an excellent store of value.

Aside from that technology is dynamic as well as the percentage of users therefore time will come that more and more people will going to use or will have an access to the internet, but it does not literally means that they will be inclined with bitcoin. Just like what was earlier stated, bitcoin does not want to be the mainstream currency, it is like bitcoin is making its name because of the pros we are getting from it.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:10:34 PM

...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

Where did you get that information about 60% of people dont have access to a computer? Maybe in the old years yes but now I think most of the people have a knowledge and can have an access to a computer, aside from that we have android phones now in which you can access your balance in a second and make a BTC transaction.
Joe103

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:17:42 PM

Saying Bitcoin will fail because 60% of the population cannot access computer, is same as saying internet will fail because 60% of the population cannot access computer, or that online banking will fail because there is not enough population that access computer. Bitcoin did not actually come to totally replace the local currencies or fiat. It is just an alternative to the people to carryout transactions in a more efficient and fast manner. It is similar to you sending an email from the comfort of your home without using the services of the post office.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:40:15 PM

What is the need of a computer now, when you have a smartphone? The sales of laptops and desktops are going down every year, due to the proliferance of smartphones. They are wide-spread even in the third world nations.
enthusia

Activity: 113

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:54:52 PM

In much deeper sense, its not proly the main objectives of bitcoin. Bitcoin has its own name in this kind of industry. It considered as a virtual money wherein logically from the word itself, it just exist here. Though you reason out that not all people aren't accessible in computers, its not enough reason to say that bitcoin will soon be ended.
Elderman87

Activity: 84

UniDapp

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:04:03 PM

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.

This is a very foolish post that is not only myopic but also insultive. Who ever told you we don't have computers in Africa? You must be a really dimwitted fellow to post this. You should really do a research on the percentage of people into cryptocurrency in Africa mate!

══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
FULLY DECENTRALIZED TRADING PLATFORM
══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:10:16 PM

I have read many opinions as well for the same, but i feel people with technology expertise or awareness will understand the concept of btc and its block chain technology.In the coming days, many more people will join this club and increase their awareness as well.Technology is spreading across the globe so fast that we can access from anywhere globally and connect an generate awareness as well.I feel btc will be a digital currency which would be accepted globally soon.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:18:22 PM

I think your thinking is very limited. you see only 60% of the population of the world and do not use the data as evidence. and this will increasingly fail to understand as a modern human being. yes that's you.
I think you should know, almost all of the world's people know digital technology and smart phones. In my country, smart phones have become a necessity. and with that everyone can access the news easily including engaging in bitcoin. this is a fact
PINAGPALA

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 01:23:28 PM

I dont think so all of the people can use phone right now even a 5 yrs old kid having a cellphone let us say africa will not and they will stay in cash but 80% of the world will using bitcoin i think thats enough and i thinks its not possible to bitcoin to be the mainstream of currency
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:04:23 PM

I think bitcoin will not fail just because of that argument. Nowadays there already smartphones so even without comouter we can access bitcoin.
Activitycoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:25:21 AM

This is a very foolish post that is not only myopic but also insultive. Who ever told you we don't have computers in Africa? You must be a really dimwitted fellow to post this. You should really do a research on the percentage of people into cryptocurrency in Africa mate!
Agree with you this does not make any sense we are now living in the age of computers and it is the need of the day, now every system is depending on digitals and we are almost in the era of digital, in every market you will see a lot of computers controlling the payment, selling even dealing system so I think bitcoin is hard to fail infect it will be more and more famous with time so have patience don’t spread negativity.
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:50:01 AM

I think bitcoin will not fail because bitcoin is the best asset now and many people use it in this world and most people in this world can access computers and also cell phones. So bitcoin will not fail
ember.suc

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:52:50 AM

Hello, I am a student physicist of Siberian State University. Our platform scientificcoin.com is recruiting users. We do not sell anything, but we need experts, developers, scientists, and journalists.
SCIENTIFICCOIN is a Blockchain platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation.
Scientificcoin.com (the main information website of the project).
Scientificcoin.io (the beta version of the crowdfunding platform for scientific researchers).
Hireascientists.com (freelance platform for the science industry).

I hope I did not inconvenience you with my letter.
https://t.me/joinchat/CeookU293Bn2xGARpNZQGQ
Yuri Taksanov
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: