Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 60% of world population cannot access computer so Bitcoins will fail.  (Read 1841 times)
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:59:08 AM

Even if people can't access a computer, can they access a mobile device? A tablet, cheap smartphone, anything along those lines? If they can then they can go ahead and use and buy bitcoin whenever they want. A computer is one thing, and I kinda understand why so many don't have this yet -- but a TON of people in the world have phones capable of using bitcoin, even in poor nations.

Your point is invalid.
Yeah, even poor country can have access to bitcoin, not much but some actually have bitcoins for transactions.

ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:06:11 AM

Bitcoin is not for poor people, really.
80% people in the world not have credit card, and you want to say credit card is fail?
beivleveinsomeone

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:40:18 AM

The amount of Bitcoin is also limited. 1% of managers 99% of the money worldwide! Moreover, the cryptographic market is only eight years old, and it has gone ahead with the development of any payment system!
cruz06

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:58:55 AM

i think no, because bitcoin is very in demand and powerful. actually it can changes persons way living, even if there are so many people that cannot access computers, there are also so many ways to make solution for it. we are now on the technology stage where anywhere you go you can access internet. Not only computer is the way to connect to bitcoin,  but most important is internet and you can access internet using smartphones, tablets and any gadgets.
 i think that the statemeng 60 percent of world population cannot access internet for me that is imposible. for this era.
lissandra3612

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:28:57 AM

Now a huge part of people have used and even more chat will use crypto coins! Those who do not have good electricity, do not have computers or access the internet or even know how computer works, so how bitcoin will dominate the world when there are people who accept their destiny and choose to stay back to the village.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

That's the drawback of the cryptocurrencies which i am concerned that the team behind each crypto should addressed. There will be no chance of having a cashless society if this major drawback will remain unsolved. But even if there are only 40% of the total population who can only access online, bitcoin will always continue to success.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Zabzab9

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:34:40 PM

Bitcoin would never go standard at any rate,
look what happens when just a next to no share of populace begins to utilize it,
exchanges get stucked, never affirmed, expenses go to the sky, it is a wreck.
Presently envision this chaos anticipated on the total populace as selection base.
Idowuogbo

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 02:48:24 PM

This is nothing but the truth, because most people now even in urban area or near the city have already mobile phone they easy to access bitcoin if they know how to used it. People now start facing the great technology so therefore there's a chance that bitcoin to become well known nowadays. I think your rate in people not having internet connection was not right maybe now is in 40%. Nowadays bitcoin get more popularized in all countries.
FalconB

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:38:19 PM

Nobody even said that the crypto currency will replace the fiat money. Now you can pay anywhere either in cash or on the card, but soon it will be possible to still crypt. It is not a replacement for Fiat, it's like plastic cards in the 90s
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.

Well I think that is where you are wrong. Even if the majority of the population in the whole world can be debated that they might not have that convenient access to a computer. The workd is slowly but surely progressing into a technological based society and that is what is pushing the world governments to consider the digital currency which is cryptocurrency. As such even if a person cannot have a computer they have their phones or their smart watches and can function almost the same way
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:44:54 PM

But it will never be the same. It may be 60% for now only. everyday, every government try to educate their citizen. Literacy rate is increasing. Soon will have modern era where everything will be done on computer. Bitcoin is going to be a hit. No matter how hard it is. It is destined to happen oneday. Bitcoin has no need of computer education. Basic skill in mobile will enable to use bitcoin.
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:49:00 PM

This is false, less than 60 percenet of the entire population does not have access to internet, and it does not mean that bitcoin will fail, why are you saying that? It just makes no sense after all, bitcoin is here to stay and you should understand that
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 05:09:38 PM

I do not accept that because %80 of the population in world can operate there mobile devices and once you can do this things is as that easy for you to join the crypto world. Not until you can operate computer.
Generaldiscussion

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

Just by the number of BTCs available, I would find it hard for most people to own a number, but that does not mean it will fail. I wonder if the same thing happens when a credit / debit card is introduced.
kimjongun92

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:58:30 AM

Over the years, many have speculated about the failure of bitcoin, but this great code is still working very well. Bitcoin will check the time though the large number of people lack access to the computer and the internet. Even if you need a certain level of technology to access passwords, other electronic money can still become mainstream. My guess is that many people think it will never go mainstream, but it did.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:45:10 AM

Now a huge part of people have used and even more chat will use crypto coins! Those who do not have good electricity, do not have computers or access the internet or even know how computer works, so how bitcoin will dominate the world when there are people who accept their destiny and choose to stay back to the village.
It will take a long time for the market to become mainstream but things are going in the right direction, if you look at the smart phone market penetration you will understand that majority of the poor countries are having a huge number of smart phone users and accessing the internet is not that hard now a days and they can connect globally, the only hurdle is that they need better user friendly applications to use bitcoin safely.
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:55:35 AM

But almost everyone has a smartphone and Internet access is not necessary to have a computer to use bitcoin !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
opendata

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:06:29 AM

60% of the world population cannot access computer is itself a wrong statement !

But, still - whoever cannot access computer can access mobile phone. or will get an access to cheap mobile phones in future
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 07:56:20 AM

That's not correct information you have given, you are talking of presents and not even considering the future of those internet user as the world keeps advancing daily, bitcoin is future and it wont fail. Already passed the test of people.
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:20:13 AM

Bitcoin doesn't need upto 60% users to make it successful, few percent of people using it as digital currency ,making online transaction etc is already not failure .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: