Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best / safest wallet for storing ETH  (Read 2198 times)
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

My Ether Wallet + a Trezor. I don't think you can get better than that in my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:29:21 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
For holding your Ethereum there is no safer place then MEW or the myetherwallet itself. The money just can't go anywhere unless you make a fool of yourself. The only biggest threat to MEW is phishing there are number of phishing sites which clone MEW to steal user passwords and keys just be safe from such sites either use metamask or atleast bookmark MEW on browser and open using the bookmark or direct URL.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:42:21 PM

I suggest MEW, it is easy to use and have all the features you need. Trezor can also be used with MEW easily.

But beware of phishing website trying to scam MEW users. Always check the url and bookmark it.
jubayerjb25

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:48:32 PM

Personally, I always use MyEtherWallet in combination with the Trezor. And I have never face any issues yet. But I think the security on the local wallet is higher than on the Web wallet. MEW is best for ETH and i like it because it can be easily used and you can transfer any ERC supported coin very easily and simply.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

For me i suggest use myetherwallet.com.it has great and secured wallet.He always remind on how to prevent on a hacker.Thats why i decide not to use privatekey instead the jason file.Because he notice that pk is too risky in your wallet...
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:15:08 PM

Hello all,

I think https://www.myetherwallet.com/ is very powerful to be an ETH wallet and some token based on ETH because there use a very complicated encryption, after you create a wallet you should keep a secret key given to open your wallet do not until seen by anyone.
beetlejam

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:19:05 PM

Trezor and My Ether Wallet I personally use. I have had no complaints.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:21:59 PM

Hello all,

For me i suggest use myetherwallet.com.it has great and secured wallet.He always remind on how to prevent on a hacker.Thats why i decide not to use privatekey instead the jason file.Because he notice that pk is too risky in your wallet...
Inputting private key would really be more risky but only to the case where you do have an infected device then possibilities on getting hacked is high. For now i do have 3 storages for ETH hodling. Nano Ledger,MEW,Trezor which these things are really good to use up and its users discretion on how he do handle those private informations away from other people. Its secure as long those keys or seeds arent exposed.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

Hello,

I use MyEtherWallet in combination with the Trezor.
You can link your MEW account with your cold storage.

I agree with this.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
CaterpillarRave

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:26:07 PM

use MEW and metask. It will ensure the safety of your ETH. will not be hacked. if stolen. It is because you reveal the secret key.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:30:48 PM

Hello all,

I can advice you one of the most inexpensive Ethereum wallets. It's the Ledger Nano S. this wallet accepte as ETH as ETC. Also it use the privat key stored on the device.
iloveturtles

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:31:33 AM

I think the best option is mew and a hard wallet, I have a ledger and I have no complaints.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:38:44 AM

I think that the best option for storing Ether tokens is MyetherWallet. Of course this service is not 100% safe, because I believe that there are no secure systems that can not be opened, but the risk is really minimal
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:36:44 AM

create wallet using myetherwallet and import its wallet to metamask, its very simple process
with metamask you can set the gas price and i heard it can cancel our transaction. once i my wallet ever been hacked that was when i used MEW only, after that incident i've just move to metamask

wizzydizzycrypto

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:20:53 PM

I think if you are just experimenting with Crypto just use my Ether Wallet, if you are serious and you are going to store quite a lot of crypto, invest into a hardware wallet. Better to be safe than sorry and they are not that expensive.
roblccx

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

I would agree with Trezor and MyEtherWallet

LCCX - London Crypto Currency Exchange

London Exchange Token (LXT) - Private Pre-sale Live, PM for details
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:55:23 PM

I use Metamask. It is very user friendly and a lot of websites that use Ethereum recognize it, so you can pay ETH very simple.

Not sure is how safe it is though. I have heard for some security concerns about it because it is integrated in browser.

greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:05:58 PM

there are so many way to keep your ETH safe, the most popular is using Metamask to protect you from dangers, moreover, i prefer using cold wallet to save my ETH such as Nano ledgers, we can keep our money away from internet, however make sure that the cold wallet you recieved is 100% from the manufactor, because many bad guys can use manufactors to implant a bug into your cold wallet to steal your money.

Alfarizi

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:23:01 PM

from the beginning I know crypto until now for me the best wallet to store eth is safer mytherwallet is simple and easy to use
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:58:38 PM

Hello all,

Treasure offline wallet is a best option if you want to hold your coins for a bigger time frame. You can also use online wallet like myeatherwallet which is very safe and very easy to use. you can also use chrome extension of myeatherwallet metamask.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: