Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best / safest wallet for storing ETH  (Read 2205 times)
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:43:27 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

It seems that a hardware wallet pops up a lot over and over so it seems thats the direction that I need to go. Why is MEW so highly regarded? Are there no other wallets that are considered as highly as MEW?

You can also check Mist, many people consider it is a better wallet than MEW. And there are plenty other wallets for Ethereum, but I suggest you to use a well known one (at least until you become more familiarized with this crypto thing).

I`m using MEW since the beginning and I never had problems - first I used it with Json and password, then I found out it`s more secure with Metamask so I added it and now I`m using MEW together with a Nano S (by the way, the Ledger stores many other coins, not only ETH and its ERC20 - Bitcoin, NEO, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash etc). Ledger or Trezor, it`s up to you, but a hardware wallet is a must!
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:49:03 PM

I recommend myetherwallet, it works well without issues so far. You can use myetherwallet with Trezor for better security. Another plus point is that myetherwallet supports ERC20 tokens as well if you ever want to store ERC20 tokens.
cryptoadmire

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

Create a wallet on MEW and the have a hardware wallet, that's safe enough. Then if you want to set it on it, don't access it that much unless you need to.
rbt

Merit: 101

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:46:30 PM

From my perspective and my experience i'm suggesting you Coinbase wallet, coinbase wallet is safest for storing ETH also it's very low cost fee.   

Allow me to disagree with this, you can say that it`s safe but DEFINITELY the Coinbase wallet (or any other exchange`s wallet) is NOT the safest wallet for storing ETH! Being a centralized wallet, you can never truly say that the funds deposited there are yours since the exchange can freeze your funds or the exchange can be hacked (just this week the Japanese exchange Coincheck was hacked and lost more than $400 Million of its clients, also don`t forget about Mt. Gox, another hacked exchange).
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:58:53 PM

I consider the most simple, easy to use and safe wallet MyEtherWallet. Without the need to try not to use the secret key, and if it is necessary to check the information on the receipt of coins, then I scan it with the help of etherscan. io
It's pretty safe for the wallet itself.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:17:25 PM

If you really want a safe place for your Ethereum. It would be nice if you put it in the wallet that you hold your private key. And Myetherwallet is the best possible place to store your ethereum. Because you hold your private key here and you can link it to Trezor or Ledger walllet to make your lock more solid!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:29:23 PM

Invest into a hardware wallet, it is by far the best thing to do if you are going to be storing more than what $100 dollars?

Stick with MEW it is a great system and simple. I find the more complex a wallet, the more issues you get.
coinoberg

Activity: 105

Get your share of the future

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

Thanks for all the replies!

It seems that a hardware wallet pops up a lot over and over so it seems thats the direction that I need to go. Why is MEW so highly regarded? Are there no other wallets that are considered as highly as MEW?

You can also check Mist, many people consider it is a better wallet than MEW. And there are plenty other wallets for Ethereum, but I suggest you to use a well known one (at least until you become more familiarized with this crypto thing).

I`m using MEW since the beginning and I never had problems - first I used it with Json and password, then I found out it`s more secure with Metamask so I added it and now I`m using MEW together with a Nano S (by the way, the Ledger stores many other coins, not only ETH and its ERC20 - Bitcoin, NEO, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash etc). Ledger or Trezor, it`s up to you, but a hardware wallet is a must!

I also use myethwerwallet since beginning. Only thing I added is Ledger Nano S on top of it to make it more secure. I know mew is already secure platform even without hardware wallet but you never know.

Catost

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:35:10 PM

It is the fact, that the most safe method is to use a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger. Then you just need to secure your hardware wallet and your passwords.

███████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:39:37 PM

In my opinion, MyEtherWallet is the best out there for Ethereum and it is safe too. I have been using it for more than a year without any problem. I also believe It can't be hacked. Just keep private key in a safe place, don't lose it, or you can't access your wallet. Exodus and Jaxx are also very good, Exodus in particular.

nelsmining

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:41:54 PM

Use leger to store your eth in any large amounts and for smaller transactions use a mew. For day to day I would use Exodus for easy access, just keep it small.
timet678

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:44:42 PM

Ledger Nano S with MyEtherWallet is what I use and I highly recommend it.

hoodi

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:45:18 PM

Metamask is a solution for me , it is easy to use and very fast, but I am aware that it might be not so much safe as paper wallet for instance.

kinki32

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:48:09 PM

If you're serious about securing your ETH I suggest storing your Ethereum hardware. Examples of hardware wallets are TREZOR, LedgerWallet and Keepkey. A hardware wallet is usually more secure since it's considered to be a form of cold storage.

mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:06:42 PM

I strongly recommendation for metamask because I think it is very safest way to store Etherum.But I use there are a lot of wallet such as-
1.Myetherwallet
2.Metamask
3.Ledger
Ledger is also good wallet I prefer.You can try hopefully it will be best.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Ledger Nano S is cheaper than Trezor if memory serves. I am planning to buy one too and so far all I've been reading are good reviews about their product. The only complaints I've read so far are people buying fake products and untrusted people who already have the seeds of the one they are selling to steal the content later on.

KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:22:37 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to store ETH in a wallet, what would you suggest is the best and safest way to do this? I am considering buying a trezor as well for extra protection. I am simply looking to hodl ETH.

To store ETH or any cryptos, the safest purse, in my opinion, is the cold wallet. You can use the Ledger or TREZOR hardware wallet to associate your Myetherwallet wallet with the Ethereum store. More secure is that you write the 24-word they provide and keep it in the safe place, only when need to trade you may import to Myetherwallet, this will always remain the ETH safe, not be hacked.

kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

I use my etherwallet and metamask, i'm planning to get hardware wallet like Trezor and Nano Ledger S They have key feature and one of them are unique in different ways. I hope i can buy one this year!

nguli

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:46:56 PM

Hello all,

if I am the safest wallet to receive or save ETH is https://www.myetherwallet.com/ there for me safe as long as you keep the secret key that is given to membuak your wallet with good and do not let others know, so all online purses as long as you keep them securely then it will be safe.
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:49:47 PM

Hello all,

You should defenitly buy hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger. If you want a software wallet, the most popular is myetherwallet and you can add security buy using metamask.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: