Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:42:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
green_fish

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:15:29 AM

The Ponzi scheme has obvious features of demolishing the East Wall and compensating for the funds of the Western Wall. Bitcoin is a game between different investors.
The Ponzi scheme is pyramidal and has a center for capital operations. Bitcoin has decentralized features.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 09:19:52 AM

Bitcoin itself is not a ponzi scheme but it has been used by this criminals as a reward for those investors who invest their money into them. Ponzi scheme has made the bitcoin's image a negative one because of these scammers who are using bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies in their scheme. Cloud mining, invest-wait-earn etc. these are some of the schemes they are using to scam people.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
diva.man

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:21:44 AM

Pyramid or ponzi scheme, he is a very obvious feature is a have a centralized management, and it is a structure of a pyramid, is you in determining your income may be, the more you formed is basically wiped out at the end of the month.

BTC went to the center, not the ponzi scheme, in the early days of bitcoin, basically some cryptographic researchers and programmers playing! Later, people started to hype up as an investment!
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:14:08 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

of course bitcoin is not like ponzi. now i ask you, how long can the ponzi scheme lasting ? 10 years ? no.
ponzi scheme wont be lasted not even for 5 years i guess. bitcoin has existing for almost 10 years.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kriptomen_51

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:51:15 PM

At the core of the Ponzi scheme is the central element, as an example, actually Ponzi or Sergei Mavrodi.  He attracts new members, money, organizes payments.  When the claims of payments are greater than the funds invested, the scheme falls apart.  This happens inevitably, sooner or later, since infinite expansion is impossible.  In the pyramids, each victim should become the leader of a cell and buy something from those who came earlier and sell those who came later.  If a really existing product is bought and sold, then it is legal, if just a license to sell licenses to the next victims, then it is illegal and also, sooner or later, collapses.
bellakrstna

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:58:59 PM

what is ponzi scheme ? the early player will get more profits.
but bitcoin is not like ponzi. bitcoin open the same opportunities to all peoples in all time.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:12:22 PM

Bitcoin is a viable commodity for stock and other digital assets. Bitcoin is also designed to be a tool for future transactions although there are still some countries that prohibit bitcoin for transaction tools. Bitcoin is still only a tool for investment of essential commodities. Cool
Prinox2

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:34:27 PM

Absolutely nothing about Bitcoin is a secret. It is one of the most open technologies in the world. It’s open source, anyone can review the code, anyone can contribute to the code, anyone can run the software voluntarily and participate in the network, and anyone can use the network without permission. The entire history of all Bitcoin transactions is visible to anyone in the world too.

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investing scam promising high rates of return with little risk to investors. The Ponzi scheme generates returns for older investors by acquiring new investors. This is similar to a pyramid scheme in that both are based on using new investors’ funds to pay the earlier backers. For both Ponzi schemes and pyramid schemes, eventually there isn’t enough money to go around, and the schemes unravel

When you understand the technology behind Bitcoin and the reason it was invented, you will see that it is actually the total opposite of a Ponzi scheme.
meandmrjones

Activity: 131
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:28:01 PM

I hate these kind of useless topics which are opened by newbies only for increasing number of posts.
Pointless and doesn't append to anyone...

Reply: No, bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme.

(Before attacks, Oh yes I'm a newbie too!)

Just gave you merit for at least speaking honestly as this the truth why so many useless thread keeps on trending but thanks to admin of this forum things are different and now a user need more than words and time on this forum to rank up and that system is merit. I personally like this system but believe it is implemented with some delay and still have some loopholes as forum is already flooded with many people so it is best way to control the situation but still many users resist to give their merit to other users. I think admin should start some efforts so that at least every time you come online and read things on this forum you should at least give 2-3 merits to any answer you like this way many users will get a ray of hope of upgrading.

Thank you very much! Check out my new thread about "meaningless and redundant topics". Maybe you can share your thoughts too.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3619416
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 04:52:48 PM

The core purpose of Ponzi scheme is all about stealing money from people but if we carefully look at the Bitcoin, we will notice that it is about transforming the traditional payment system and optimizing the whole process. It is still in the process of development and no one is sure what is going to happen down the road and in worst case scenario, we might lose our money. There is a fundamental difference between getting robbed and suffering loss.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:19:50 PM

Why are you arguing with your friends? When you get your next expensive car or house from the earnings from bitcoin they will realize themselves that who the fool is in between you and them. Ponzi schemes don't last this long and doesn't attracts billionaires to invest in it. Just ignore them.

bungsoh

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:31:44 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

Whatever the negative news about bitcoin, I think, is a lie. Those are the stories that are deliberately spread by some to shake the bitcoin. In my country there is a news website that a few days ago carried an article from an economic observer-they say, whether he's really an economist or a mere fake-he declares that "Bitcoin will not touch the $ 9000 price anymore. a dream that will not come true. "
But what is the reality now? Bitcoin returns to that price.
I, personally, do not worry too much about such news. Optimistic is it.
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:37:42 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that describes the exchange rate with the demand made, the sales contribution is subtracted from the transaction after which you receive what you ask for such a large market where buying and selling what you want to be profitable. Cool
Shime

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:34:38 PM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme,it is better seen as a stock market, it's price is determined by demand and supply which affect the stability of the price. Ponzi scheme is a scam that uses the returns of the old investors to pay as revenue to the new investors.Therefore try to educate them more and let them watch you while dive into your millions.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:16:36 AM

Ponzi scheme? not even close to bitcoin at all. Bitcoin not a ponzi, or pyramid-like scheme.
why ? because bitcoin is decentralized. ponzi scheme is centralized to the top, unlike bitcoin.

atamat

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

Your opinion is correct, bitcoin can not be equated with Ponzi at least, because it is so different, Ponzi is seen if it is a fraud system, and bitcoin is digital currency and nice bitcoin in trade and investment, I think your friend has often become Ponzi victims, you should be patient to explain to your friends about the positive bitcoin
I think the Ponzi Scheme usually persuades new investors by offering higher profits than other investments in the short term with a very high rate of return.
jpnl0004

Activity: 198

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:54:42 PM

bitcoin is no ponzi scheme just that its system is quiet different from what they usually know and do its fee charge,trading and investing system and so on.So its no ponzi scheme
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:23:46 PM

bitcoin is no ponzi scheme just that its system is quiet different from what they usually know and do its fee charge,trading and investing system and so on.So its no ponzi scheme

Yes agree with you. Bitcoin existence can prove that it is quite different to Ponzi scheme. Ponzi scheme will not really exceed for long term like 9-10 years in operation. And besides bitcoin transactions or investment will collecting charges to enables investors doing trading, exchanging and etc, or a decentralized forms of investment generally. Unlike ponzi scheme it is a pyramidal form that operates in short time and vanished with all of our money were being steal.
eekkaa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

of course not bitcoin is a digital currency that only belongs to itself no ponzi element, if you say ponzi seems you are affected by some mining and some investment projects or doubling the bitcoin that most today use ponzi scheme.
janaiz

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:10:20 AM

The Ponzi scheme generates returns for older investors by acquiring new investors. This is similar to a pyramid scheme in that both are based on using new investors’ funds to pay the earlier backers.

Bitcoin doesn’t generate returns. It’s just software. The price of Bitcoin is directly correlated to its scarcity and demand. The demand is not forced on others, nor do Bitcoin’s biggest proponents go around asking people for money and telling them to invest more into Bitcoin. New users that join the Bitcoin network don’t fund the older users with new money. Not at all. It’s just plain lazy to make this assertion. So this means that it is not a Ponzi Scheme.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: