Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
morozovlyu

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:49:09 PM

No, it is not a ponzi scheme as many it is doing good for last 8 years. Ponzi scheme does not last that long.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Golden Stake

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:54:27 PM

Bitcoin is more of a reality than fiction. Bitcoin investment has every element of real investment system. Ponzi is fake, Bitcoin is real. The intrinsic value of Bitcoin investment is valuable; ponzi schemes have no end-point value.

Bitcoin has a face (or should I say, faces) behind it; promoters of Ponzi schemes are such faceless cowards.
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:00:11 PM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

I think bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme because bitcoin is so different than other. Actually if you look carefully bitcoin is the most popular currency in the world. Me and my friend have an argument about this because I'm always saying that bitcoin is different in ponzi scheme but one day I convince him that I'm right.
misar3

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:21:28 PM

Bitcoin is working on algorithm. There are many people who are mining these coins, many investors and big markets. There is same process with many others cryptocurrencies, why should be the biggest crypto ever Ponzi scheme? I think this can only say someone who is scared or who doesn´t understand the whole concept.
Hans17

Activity: 390
Merit: 157

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:36:30 PM

Some say it is but for me it's not , other say it says because they lacking on knowledge regards to what is bitcoin and how its uses , so technically bitcoin is an alternative investment which have a potential to get rich , and no doubt bitcoin will surely overtake other currency nationwide , but then again i have this link surely it can improve or expand your understanding through out bitcoin industry,

Link: https://hackernoon.com/bitcoin-is-not-a-pyramid-scheme-d167d0285123?gi=170b4398a98f

[

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Aroma92

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

How can we know whether Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme? In ordinary people, there is not enough information about bitcoin. Many people shout that it will cost $ 100,000, but usually, those are the people who want to sell it to you.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
peter_coin

Activity: 92

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 03:06:44 PM

Bitcoin is certainly not a Ponzi scheme those people calling it one are acting out of ignorance. Bitcoin is used for payments and funds transfer it's just not fully understood by ignorant people because it is not being regulated by banks or government.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:08:43 PM

Seriously, this question is so 2010

If it is a ponzi then why does nobody get any money from it?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Tiktik

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:09:09 PM

No, absolutely not. Bitcoin is a digital currency, how can it be a Ponzi scheme?
Someone is doing Ponzi Scheme in cryptocurrency's world, but a "coin" can't be it..
Yeah I agree bitcoin is always the one who blame if there some scammer used bitcoin for their scheme, I hope to those people who want to enter bitcoin world they should understand first what is the purpose of it and how they can get benefit on it because if they have proper knowledge for sure they can avoid to be scam.
bungsoh

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:24:47 PM

Bitcoin turnover is not a Ponzi. The supply amount is limited to a maximum of 21,000,000 so what you reveal is true, you have explained the difference between bitcoin and Ponzi. I myself have heard a friend's statement that bitcoin is Ponzi. but I do not agree with and explain the difference. and finally, they understand the bitcoin and Ponzi systems. it's actually very easy to tell the difference. but they are already thinking negative about bitcoin.
The best one

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:09:45 PM

I think Bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme because Bitcoin is a software project without central authority. Consequently, No one can cheat with regard to investment profits. Such as major currencies in general such as gold, the United States dollar, euro, yen, etc. there is not warranty on the ability to buy and free exchange rates. This leads to volatility in which bitcoin owners can immeasurably gain or lose money. Bitcoin is also a useful and competitive payment system that is being used by thousands of users and businesses. thank you
yakovs

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:13:47 PM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme because:

1) It has given consistent performance for last 8 years. This means it has real value.

2) It is getting popular as a payment medium. There are many advantages in comparison to other payment options like PayPal.

3) This is just one of the FUDs posted against BTC and other coins.
Zeronic

Activity: 243

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:43:07 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

If you believe that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, then you better look for the peoples who join bitcoin late.
ponzi always profitable for peoples who join earlier, but bitcoin is not like that. Even you involving in bitcoin late, you still will get the profit later.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
devlincarter.868

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:45:50 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money it is like our regular currency but this is in the form of digital money.  No projects on Bitcoin. Prices only go up when there are more buyers, so it acts like the current Ponzi scheme.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:59:47 AM

I just don't think that you are right, I am entirely sure that you are considering it correctly. I have also encountered that scenario to several of my friends, and that is the same thing happened to me. They think that the money that is needed to invest will be used as a form of registration. It is hard to tell them how the system works because they believe on what they can comprehend and not on the real story and experiences. One thing that I did is to use my bitcoin so send to their wallet and let them purchase something using it. But still, some have refused to join in.
Inikoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:03:51 AM

We don't earn any money directly, if somebody else buy Bitcoin. I do not even try to convince anybody to purchuse, because of the risk factor, and think most of us acts the same. So, if Bitcoin is a Ponzi, than the whole economy is a Ponzi Cheesy

skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:09:25 AM

If you don't have any idea of what is bitcoin and how it works it is really fishy and sounds like a ponzi scheme. Bit if you take the time to try and see what it is then you will surely see that it is real. Those people who believe that bitcoin is a big scam eother have been misinformed by bad rumors or media whobare against it.
debopam.chanda

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:17:05 AM

No, its not a Ponzi scheme. I have personally invested in Bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies and its perfectly fair. However, there is risk in trading with Bitcoins and should be dealt with caution.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:19:25 AM

If bitcoin was a ponzi scheme bitcoin would have gone into extinct by now. In ponzi scheme maintaining the pyramid is very difficult. Any time you face such argument tell the person that bitcoin is a technology, a digital currency and the most transparency, secure and fastest bank in the world.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wongdeso

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:21:47 AM

Bitcoin has a decentralized character. Consequently, no one can cheat with regard to investment profits. Thus, bitcoin is highly unlikely to be a ponzi scheme.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: