Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin MineField - 10%-2300% winings, fully automated, with cool technologies:)  (Read 88233 times)
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 05:18:47 AM

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 10:19:14 PM

Waiting for confirmations is devilish idea how it should work Grin

I'm strong, I can keep from playing, I can keep from playing, I can keep from playing... Grin

Only won like 0.0022 on my 0.05... BTW, going for automated pay outs if one loses account?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 02:27:04 AM

Keep an eye out this weekend for the world first bitcoin game for android smartphones. holorga was nice enough to provide an interface for his game for me to work with. I am hoping to have the initial(and most likely final) release available for tomorrow.

It's time to load up your bitcoins for bitcoin gaming on-the-run!

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
BurntSnow

Activity: 462

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 07:00:40 AM

I  love the Bitcoin Minefield! I was scared to take a risk, so I only bet small amounts and cashed out when I could. Still turned up a profit.
I'm really excited about the Android game!
Anyways,
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/screenshot20110902at112.png

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

SmokeAndMirrors

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:04:17 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2011, 04:17:01 PM by SmokeAndMirrors

I've decided to put some images together as an idea of what to expect for bitcoin minefield for android. Everything is implemented and fully functional as far as gameplay and logins go. I've weeded out as many bugs as I could find on my end as to not have to release anymore than 1 single candidate.

I am still waiting on a few minor changes to the server-side code, so while I'm waiting, I will take suggestions from people if there are any.

My own personal login keys are used in these two main screens, but to give you an idea of what it looks like I have only blurred half of the string.

Startup of the game activity:

Here is the mine count selection screen (press menu button on your phone to access it), as you can see, the same min/max limits are present:

Here's a little bit of gameplay. 3 blocks in a row, lucky me:

A little more gameplay where I'm not so lucky:

And finally, the epic moment that was screencapped out of utter and complete luck in one attempt(take a look at the mine count at the bottom right:

There you are. feedback is much appreciated, especially considering I only plan on one release.

EDIT: I should also mention that as you can see, there are none of the proof values displayed in the android version. I felt that it may clutter the screen up too much and I wanted to keep this game away from the bulky side of things. If there is any concern, you can just as easily see proof by logging into your minefield account via your favorite web browser simultaneously. Any action taken place via android will automatically sync with the web-browser. ie: click a tile in the android version, your web browser will also automatically reveal that tile.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
btcrun

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:30:24 AM

Hey there SmokeAndMirrors,

your game looks nice! But there is one thing, many game developers forget: color blindness!

I myself suffer from a minor color blindness and even though I can make out the difference between the bomb ond non-bomb fields, it isn't that clear on the first look.

So since there are many people out there with the same problem you should consider changing your fields color or insert a little bomb image or whatever.

Here is a little article about color blindness and computer games, that show that even big game corporations make the mistake and need to be aware of this problem!
So don't loose potential customers, just because of this Wink
SmokeAndMirrors

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:43:33 PM

That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that, though I've only done so much game dev.

I had actually been planning on adding a little bitcoin image to the correct blocks, and some negative image to negative blocks. I'll be sure to add these before the release.

My address -
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 08:29:38 AM

That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that, though I've only done so much game dev.

I had actually been planning on adding a little bitcoin image to the correct blocks, and some negative image to negative blocks. I'll be sure to add these before the release.

For me green and orange next to each other are bit hard to differ and some people must have it worse.

One extra suggestion, differ the chosen onces too? So player can see which ones he has "won".

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
berkes

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 08:16:23 PM

So, what happens to those odd hundredts of cents in the end?

Casus: I played a bit, lost some and had a really weird amount left; something like "0.0062". Added some new funds to make it a round number (and being able to play a bit more).
Then lost interest. With 0.0025 left in balance.

That amount is not enough to transfer without fees (according to the official client anyway) and probably not even worth the effort.

Will you keep that amount there, for when I come back to deposit some more? And what if I come back in two months? Is there a moment after which you close the account and take the balance as your own?
wildboy211

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 07, 2011, 09:52:45 PM

I made a bet, and in the middle of playing - the game refreshed on me and i lost my bet (without clicking on anything).
holorga (OP)

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2011, 05:35:23 PM

whoa, I've missed last ~10 messages, for some reason I stopped receiving emails on topic posts.
I see that Smokeandmirrors posted some images of the android game. great.

I made a bet, and in the middle of playing - the game refreshed on me and i lost my bet (without clicking on anything).

we've resolved this over pm's, it seems that his browser (chrome) had some trouble with occasional auto refreshing of the page. let me know if any of you encounter a similar problem.

So, what happens to those odd hundredts of cents in the end?

Casus: I played a bit, lost some and had a really weird amount left; something like "0.0062". Added some new funds to make it a round number (and being able to play a bit more).
Then lost interest. With 0.0025 left in balance.

That amount is not enough to transfer without fees (according to the official client anyway) and probably not even worth the effort.

Will you keep that amount there, for when I come back to deposit some more? And what if I come back in two months? Is there a moment after which you close the account and take the balance as your own?

good question: nothing, I let you cash this out if you wish and I'll loose money on transaction fees. I hope nobody will abuse this as there is nothing to gain from it.
and that amount will be kept there for you forever in your account.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2011, 10:18:21 AM

someone just won 16 btc, congrats Smiley

BurntSnow

Activity: 462

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:57:19 AM

That's it, I'm addicted. I swear, I'm just going to buy 10 BTC and put it all on this one game. It's not even about the BTC, because to me more BTC means more playing until I lose. It's just fun. You never know when you'll hit a mine, and it's a lot more "realistic" than the normal minefield.

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 01:57:48 AM

Maybe some of the profits could be donated to a charity that provides assistance to victims of minefields.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
malcolmv

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 02:14:12 AM

Maybe some of the profits could be donated to a charity that provides assistance to victims of minefields.

Like BurntSnow?
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:16:57 AM

hey, yeah, I increased the rake in order to support upping the referral earnings from 5 to 10%, as I got bunch of requests for that, I was forced to do that in order to prevent a person with two accounts from exploiting the game.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:18:58 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 06:18:44 PM by holorga

Like BurntSnow?

burntsnow? googling didn't help me Smiley

- edit

oh, haha.

a good strategy to cheat might be to start a minefield charity and then play this game.

holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 05:36:20 AM

someone went in with 1 btc on max mines and won 22 with first bet Grin
it was so clean I initially thought it was a hack, but everything checks out.

caston

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 08:31:32 AM

Like BurntSnow?

Possibly the "International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)"
http://www.icbl.org

I just sent them a message to ask if they accept donations in bitcoin.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
holorga (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 04:16:09 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2012, 04:50:58 PM by holorga

Like BurntSnow?

Possibly the "International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)"
http://www.icbl.org

I just sent them a message to ask if they accept donations in bitcoin.

even though the relation is cute because the game is called bitcoin minefield, If I'll send the profits to charity I would like to choose the cause myself.

which I didn't say I will. and you are obliviously pushing me, which I find is not very nice.
I'd much more appreciate something along the lines "hey, you can give the profits to charity, here is how"
then contacting random organisations almost in my behalf without my feedback.

that said, I'll hardcode sending of percentage of the profits to the mines related charity if we can find a way to do it because I like the idea Smiley I'd much more prefer the demining organisation though, then the lobbying one, if I'm not making a mistake with my quick glance at the site.

in case you are not just trolling, for the next time, maybe try a gentler approach because my reaction towards you is still negative, but its not negative towards the idea so thanks for that Smiley

also, be aware that the profits from the game are not high.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: